Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Just like Clinton got 90% of the black vote in America back in 92.

Now think republicans, if you'd only lose the stereotyping and the constantly father vs son role in how you treats blacks maybe they'll vote for you.

But you guys aren't smart enough for that, stick to oversized guns, religion and bigotry.

You don't have the wisdom of understanding how many blacks embrace religion and guns because they love the freedoms that this nation was founded on, as well as the christian principles that brought our nation into being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,975 times
blacks are overwhelmingly Christian in N.C., and Christians overall voted overwhelmingly in favour of the amendment...

Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Call it what you want, but most blacks from my experience see homosexuality as taboo, or something "white people do", like jet skiing or rock climbing.

I can only honestly think of a few who are indifferent to the idea and none of which are in favor of full acceptance of it. Those who are indifferent have more a tolerence for it than anything. But most from what I can tell are ardently against it.
African Americans have the same cross section of philistines that you'll find among white folks, and a case can be made that it's worse.

It took me years to come around, but living in Europe for a bunch of years brought my thinking about a bunch of topics....homosexuality being one of them, light years ahead into the present reality. Worse, i wasn't burdened by Christianity, having thrown that yoke off many years ago, and i was STILL an idiot about it.

So just imagine how far behind many black Christians are. Not to mention that blacks are the most fanatical of Christians in this country. People talk about blacks being on a plantation politically, but that's nonsense. It's RELIGION where we're stuck on the plantation, but no one wants to say it.

But i damn sure will.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Black people voting 2-1, 3-1, or 4-1 against same sex marriage. It means nothing. Obama will still get 92% of the black vote in NC.
that's because they know a president can't do diddly squat about gay marriage, which is why it's a foolish issue for people to vote for or against a president.

think on this, your president, compared to your governor, is supposed to have little to no impact on your life.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:26 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Another Man - Barbara Mason

Lyrics end around 5:45 - I like the beat though.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
African Americans have the same cross section of philistines that you'll find among white folks, and a case can be made that it's worse.

It took me years to come around, but living in Europe for a bunch of years brought my thinking about a bunch of topics....homosexuality being one of them, light years ahead into the present reality. Worse, i wasn't burdened by Christianity, having thrown that yoke off many years ago, and i was STILL an idiot about it.

So just imagine how far behind many black Christians are. Not to mention that blacks are the most fanatical of Christians in this country. People talk about blacks being on a plantation politically, but that's nonsense. It's RELIGION where we're stuck on the plantation, but no one wants to say it.

But i damn sure will.
Can you elaborate?

Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Can you elaborate?
Yea...but i'll let a link do it for me.

Are Black People Too Religious?

One of the worst things to ever befall the AA community was our embrace of American style Judeo-Christian religion. Not that we had much choice at the time, but i wish we'd throw that damn yoke off. It's been a disaster and of no benefit to us for the most part.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one is questioning my motives. Speak for yourself. I'm the last person you want to ask about who i'm voting for, believe me. And most definitely don't ask me WHY!

The media? What media? And nothing is coming back on me. Especially nothing coming from YOU. You aren't capable.

Fascination with black folks that they simply don't own up to but it's glaringly obvious.

No, but we do owe them fairness.
I agree, but I don't like how black people are "guilted" into supporting gay rights. Allow people to have their own personal opinions and beliefs. Especially since we're often the scapegoats for legislative failures in the gay community.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:20 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I agree, but I don't like how black people are "guilted" into supporting gay rights. Allow people to have their own personal opinions and beliefs. Especially since we're often the scapegoats for legislative failures in the gay community.
Not allowed on the left side of the aisle. You must stay within their prescribed belief systems for each subgroup.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Great point. Why always us with the whole guilt thing? Sh*t...what laws do we make? Often times, the weakest people in a society will go after the easiest target....a people with little power, and that's us for damn sure.

Going after the white power structure is difficult and expensive. It would be speaking truth to REAL power. But those whites in the power structure are their friends and family...or people that live in their communities, so why go after them when blacks make an easy mark?

So i totally get what you mean. I try to stay above that although it can be difficult and try to empathize with gay people regardless although i know that they have major difficulties with the black community in general. I'm rarely so magnanimous. I usually take the pit bull route.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies