Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 12:46 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,287,058 times

Advertisements

Lots of ignorance out there. No, it's not man-made since gays were around in biblical times to be chastised by crazy desert nomads in their books, and there is homosexuality in much of the animal kingdom.

As far as recent times, there are a lot of gays out there who don't have to stay in the closet and live double lives any more because of increased acceptance. Doesn't mean there are more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 01:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,782,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
So do you think it's a choice because that's your opinon or is this what you've always been taught. I never chose to be gay, or black, or a man. You just role with the punches and make the best of things. I can assure you it's not because this is what you've always thought, it was something you learned from the media, friends, family, etc...Since it's ingrained in you, you don't know how to change it.

For an example I was reading an article in time magazine, I forgot how it went, but basically this lady on the bus confessed to the guy and said she was racist. She doesn't want to be, however she can't controll it she said. It's all she knows how to think because that's how she was raised.

The power of suggestion...right...

No one "taught" me anything - I am self taught. I never bought that catholic doctrine thing - it just didn't make any sense I didn't believe it one bit.I wanted to know what the truth was and this certainly didn't make sense Only Catholics etc. blah blah - Mary the mother of God? Oh please - God don't have no momma!!

I certainly had problems but I had absolutely no ideas or solutions of how to handle these problems or change the circumstances; i.e. financial problems, car problems. work problems, shall I make a list of all problems people encounter in their daily life ?? Well this is what I had to learn how to contend with. it sure as heck didn't take me long to find out how to "unleash the power" !! When I was a kid - there was no tv - I spent all my time 'reading'. I love to read books as in 5 a week!

When I grew up; I wanted to become a photographer; I didn't know a damn thing about it. I wanted /needed a job to make $$ So I picked up a camera and prayed!! I've never attended any school or class ever. I have taught in colleges - my work is published in too many places books etc to even mention.

All of my many success in life came from simply believing a simple PROMISE!
and acting upon that promise in BLIND FAITH only. Psalm 1

funny - 60 years of asking - & always getting the results promised.

Can't beat them odds! Especially when "that" person - doesn't even exist!!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Your cat knows enough to keep its mouth shut!
Unlike those in this thread which keep muddying the waters with references to scriptures. Surely you realize those are meaningless to non-believers?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,230 times
Quote:

Hook line and sinker. Doesn't prove a thing.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:20 PM

180 posts, read 475,182 times
Quote:
No one "taught" me anything - I am self taught. I never bought that catholic doctrine thing - it just didn't make any sense I didn't believe it one bit.I wanted to know what the truth was and this certainly didn't make sense Only Catholics etc. blah blah - Mary the mother of God? Oh please - God don't have no momma!!

I certainly had problems but I had absolutely no ideas or solutions of how to handle these problems or change the circumstances; i.e. financial problems, car problems. work problems, shall I make a list of all problems people encounter in their daily life ?? Well this is what I had to learn how to contend with. it sure as heck didn't take me long to find out how to "unleash the power" !! When I was a kid - there was no tv - I spent all my time 'reading'. I love to read books as in 5 a week!

When I grew up; I wanted to become a photographer; I didn't know a damn thing about it. I wanted /needed a job to make $$ So I picked up a camera and prayed!! I've never attended any school or class ever. I have taught in colleges - my work is published in too many places books etc to even mention.

Can't beat them odds! Especially when "that" person - doesn't even exist!!
Well ok. If that's really what you decided yourself then good. I was just wondering. So many people grow up ignorant believing something just because that was what they were taught. Some people grow up around Republicans, live in a mostly Republican city, and are raised by Republicans, but dont know why they are a Republican. Same thing as a Democrat.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:24 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,815 times
Homosexuality is prevalent throughout the animal kingdom. The only thing man created was the god that allegedly hates homosexuality.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So are hormones from the birth control pill leaching into our drinking water or ground water, and getting into our food and water supply??

Actually, I really believe that it a combination of many drugs and other environmental/pollution that has been dumped into our water and air. This may not be the only reason but it could be one of them

Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually, I really believe that it a combination of many drugs and other environmental/pollution that has been dumped into our water and air. This may not be the only reason but it could be one of them
What drugs and what environmental pollutants have we been dumping into our air and water for the entirety of recorded human history that could account for gay people?

Are these same drugs and pollutants responsible for homosexual behavior and yes, even homosexual coupling (and child rearing) in other animal species?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So really... what were they 'not allowed to do', and who really knew? And what's different about men that they can do anything differently today than they could 50 or 500 or 5000 years ago?

And when did their numbers become sheer enough to be political? OR was it access to information?

Please talk to a gay person over the age of 50 and ask them what gays could or could not do, and then come and write about it. Homosexuality existed for centuries, it occurs in the animal kingdom and being that we are just higher forms of that same kingdom. 50-60 years ago did anyone recall any gay parades? How about any openly gay news reporters of political figures?

I really had not thought about it but I will take a guess around the late 80's when AIDs activist became more visiable

Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please talk to a gay person over the age of 50 and ask them what gays could or could not do, and then come and write about it. Homosexuality existed for centuries, it occurs in the animal kingdom and being that we are just higher forms of that same kingdom. 50-60 years ago did anyone recall any gay parades? How about any openly gay news reporters of political figures?

I really had not thought about it but I will take a guess around the late 80's when AIDs activist became more visiable
Are you being serious here?

Question: Why do you think Iran has so few homosexuals compared to he US? I'll give you two options to choose from:

1) The drugs and pollutants that cause human homosexuality are less prevalent in Iran than here.

2) There actually are comparable numbers of homosexuals in Iran, but they keep it a complete secret at all costs because of the consequences of being open about it (namely that you'll be executed for it).

So which is it: Option 1) or option 2)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies