Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,921,297 times

Advertisements

What shapes political views the most is the laziness level. Lazy people vote for Democrats or other left wing parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 06:31 PM

63,051 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The study finds that those who have low intelligence, are most likely to also be racist and GOP supporters, where those that are highly intelligent, tend to be liberal.

I have no idea why you are trying to spin it into some kind of "which is the superior race"
Yeah, sure thing.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,226,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Is it environment? Family history? Experiences, particularly early in life? Schooling? Religion (or lack thereof)? Culture?

I think it's some combination of the above.
Life experiences I think are what shape our views on politics.

Me personally, I never make other people's business, my business. For example, if I enter a restaurant that allowed smoking, and the smell permeated the entire place, I'd just turn around and leave. People can do whatever they want, as long as they don't infringe on me and mine.

So I don't understand the people who go out of their way to make other people's business, their business. You know, the people who will walk up to a complete stranger and chew them out or complain to them for the car they drive, their hair or clothing style, or the groceries in their shopping cart, or you name the lifestyle or personal choice that someone else chose that differs from theirs.

This is probably why I bump heads with liberals so much, I can't stand busybodies who want to force everything around them to conform to meet their approval. And i certainly don't want to be forced to pay out of my pocket to meet their approval either.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
Quote:
Is it environment? Family history? Experiences, particularly early in life? Schooling? Religion (or lack thereof)? Culture?

Propaganda and gullibility.

Look at all the countries moved to revolution. It didn't matter one bit what their backgrounds and experiences were. What mattered is what was told to them and what they sucked up like dry sponge.

In most cases the demagogues played on people's abject misery and gave them some sort of way out by promises of a Golden Age or some sort of Utopia.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The study finds that those who have low intelligence, are most likely to also be racist and GOP supporters, where those that are highly intelligent, tend to be liberal.

I have no idea why you are trying to spin it into some kind of "which is the superior race"

Four contemporary classifications of position regarding study of differences in IQ based on race/ethnicity are seen. The first is that these gaps reflect a real difference in average group intelligence, which is caused by a combination of environmental factors and heritable differences in brain function. A second position is that differences in average cognitive ability between races exist and are caused entirely by social and/or environmental factors. A third position holds that differences in average cognitive ability between races do not exist, and that the differences in average test scores are the result of inappropriate use of the tests themselves. Finally, a fourth position is that either or both of the concepts of race and general intelligence are poorly constructed and therefore any comparisons between races are meaningless.[1]

Race and intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since it is a fact that blacks score lower than whites and Asians on IQ tests, doesn't that require blacks to be the most conservative and racist group?

You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:07 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,757,641 times
Quote:

A combination of historical facts (E*D*U*C*A*T*I*O*N*) and life experience.

Religion, Environment and Family comes next.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM

8,099 posts, read 12,827,996 times
Television. People are too lazy to think for themselves so they need someone to tell them what to think. Exhibit 1 = We keep electing the same old politicians from the two political crime families over and over and over expecting different results each time. We are freaking retarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies