Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This!

Bullied? Or, do you mean repeat offending felons who the police serve with warrants who would rather kill a cop than return to prison. Certainly you are not defending murderers are you?
I am understanding why more people are shooting cops. Cops have become bullies in many places. They are not looking for felons. They are looking for citzens who have broke NO laws to bully, push around and stop for no reason to harrass. And yes, I understand why people shoot them. People, especially black men who have been crapped on all their lives and have an unemployment rate at 50% probably and have no chance of finding work or living a decentr life, they have reached the end of their ropes. And here comes Johnny Law to pull them over for the 6th time in a month for no reason other than to harrass and bully them. More and more of them are just saying "fk it" and pulling out a gun and fighting the cop to death. Not because they are criminals but because they are just sick and tired of being crapped on. Here is a good example of Johnny Law:
Police Officer Convicted of Battery on Bartender - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I am understanding why more people are shooting cops. Cops have become bullies in many places. They are not looking for felons. They are looking for citzens who have broke NO laws to bully, push around and stop for no reason to harrass. And yes, I understand why people shoot them. People, especially black men who have been crapped on all their lives and have an unemployment rate at 50% probably and have no chance of finding work or living a decentr life, they have reached the end of their ropes. And here comes Johnny Law to pull them over for the 6th time in a month for no reason other than to harrass and bully them. More and more of them are just saying "fk it" and pulling out a gun and fighting the cop to death. Not because they are criminals but because they are just sick and tired of being crapped on. .....
Fail, those killing cops are generally previously convicted felons having warrants served against them. Additionally there are bad actors who actually make false 911 calls and ambush/assasinate the responding LEO. While I don't have stats this is something I pay attention to when reported in the newspaper or online.

There is a reason folks hate cops and usually it is because they themselves have prior convictions. Trying to paint all, or even most LEOs as bullies is just dishonest. There will be some bad apples in every profession. I'm not excusing the behavior of bad ones but that you are determined to paint cops as bullies in general discredits your posts completely. Most are just regular men and women trying to go home at the end of the work day alive.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fail, those killing cops are generally previously convicted felons having warrants served against them. Additionally there are bad actors who actually make false 911 calls and ambush/assasinate the responding LEO. While I don't have stats this is something I pay attention to when reported in the newspaper or online.

There is a reason folks hate cops and usually it is because they themselves have prior convictions. Trying to paint all, or even most LEOs as bullies is just dishonest. There will be some bad apples in every profession. I'm not excusing the behavior of bad ones but that you are determined to paint cops as bullies in general discredits your posts completely. Most are just regular men and women trying to go home at the end of the work day alive.
That profession seems to attract more than a fair share of bad apples. Way more.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Yeah, sick stuff. Usually the officers aren't really held accountable.
Death In The Devil's Chair: Florida Man's Pepper Spray Death Raises Questions About Jail Abuse

Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Right-wingers will support the cop.

Well....she was asking for it.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:41 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Incompetent bully cop acted as judge and jury. The spray is not intended to be used at point blank range and he knew it.
I hope he is locked up where the general population can do the same with him, but per standard operating procedure the cop union has him on a paid vacation.
Cops enforcing bad laws and treating the people who pay them as subjects, sure makes it easy to hate them.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
I'm a bit confused. She keeps talking about how she can't see anything--but then it says
Quote:
causing her right eye to explode and causing severe nerve damage in her left eye to the extent that she's not been declared totally blind," Grimes said.
So is she totally blind or not totally blind? In any case, it's awful what happened. I just feel like that kind of error takes away from the article.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm a bit confused. She keeps talking about how she can't see anything--but then it says So is she totally blind or not totally blind? In any case, it's awful what happened. I just feel like that kind of error takes away from the article.
I would think if your eye "exploded" you wouldn't have an eye, would you?

Poorly written.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I would think if your eye "exploded" you wouldn't have an eye, would you?

Poorly written.
Yes, but it takes both eyes exploding to be guaranteed totally blind, from that cause. What is ambiguous in the article isn't the exploded eye but the other eye that suffered nerve damage...which could lead to partial or total blindness. The article kind of contradicts itself.

Partially or totally blinded, it is still awful what happened. Cops need to be trained more carefully.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Yes, but it takes both eyes exploding to be guaranteed totally blind, from that cause. What is ambiguous in the article isn't the exploded eye but the other eye that suffered nerve damage...which could lead to partial or total blindness. The article kind of contradicts itself.

Partially or totally blinded, it is still awful what happened. Cops need to be trained more carefully.
Why make the assumption that it is poor training rather than the LEO poorly executing non-compliance measures? Hate to say it but 50% of LE academy graduates are in the bottom half of their class (as with any other profession).

Clue: Just because training has taken place does not necessarily mean that "learning has occurred".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies