Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,920,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fail, those killing cops are generally previously convicted felons having warrants served against them. Additionally there are bad actors who actually make false 911 calls and ambush/assasinate the responding LEO. While I don't have stats this is something I pay attention to when reported in the newspaper or online.

There is a reason folks hate cops and usually it is because they themselves have prior convictions. Trying to paint all, or even most LEOs as bullies is just dishonest. There will be some bad apples in every profession. I'm not excusing the behavior of bad ones but that you are determined to paint cops as bullies in general discredits your posts completely. Most are just regular men and women trying to go home at the end of the work day alive.
well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
That profession seems to attract more than a fair share of bad apples. Way more.
really? i have run into very few cops that are bad apples. the vast majority of them is have dealt with across the country were quite professional in how they dealt with the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It seems to me that the officer is poorly trained in the use of the spray... was he at fault? Yes... however I do find it funny... cops... can't use guns... can't use tasers... can't use pepper spray... can't use force... what exactly can they use?

How about common sense!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Wasn't she driving while drunk? She could have killed someone.

Wasn't she combative while pulled over?

I'm not saying she got what she deserved, by any means, but she was driving while wasted...and a family could be mourning someone she killed due to her bad choices.

Now all the sympathy is for her, because she was pulled over BEFORE she did.

Bad choices all around.
I thought we lived in country where a person is innocent until proven guilty, where unduly excessive punishment is not used, and where, if proven guilty, the judge determines the sentence.

You are inferring, in your post, that a police state with martial law is okay with you. This attitude will eventually cause us to lose our privilege of democracy.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,482,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said

really? i have run into very few cops that are bad apples. the vast majority of them is have dealt with across the country were quite professional in how they dealt with the public.
Same here. The vast majority of cops I have met have been very professional, and many times, very helpful. When I lived in a rural town, a lot of the cops in the area would see me everyday and learned how to finger spell just so they could communicate with me.

The police force is like any other profession. There are good teachers and bad teachers, good doctors and bad doctors, good police officers and bad police officers.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,148,407 times
I'm going to take the stance that most posters have taken; I feel bad for the woman. But how do we know she wasn't beating the crap out of this cop? I mean I haven't seen a pic of the cop but she looks like she could hold her own in a fight. The cop made a dumb decision but we don't know the whole story.

The leftist hate makes me giggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would you make such an inane, uninformed, and blatantly inaccurate comment?
Because that's what they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Hitler would be proud.

What a sick country.
So leave! And if you don't live here don't come here! Please! We have enough America heaters that are actually Americans, we don't need foreign heaters too. Don't you think the Hitler card is a little old hat by now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
They are, and bless them for that stance, even if I don't agree with much of the rest. Still, there are many badge-sniffers, fascists, and American Taliban who have a hard-on for authority and believe cops are always in the right.
Oh it couldn't just be that we have respect for people who actually serve this country (cops, military, ect) unlike you leftists that believe cops are always wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
How about common sense. But that's much asked from the semi-retards that get to join these days
Nice. Stay class cop hater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It's a sad state of affairs when the people we pay to uphold the law have become armed swat teams.

What has led us to this?
What a load of crap. You mean what has lead us to cops actually having to do their jobs? People who have no respect. That's what it all comes down to, respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You are until you're proven guilty.

[you know this - right?]
But hes a cop so that doesn't apply to him.
[quote=Bruin Rick;24289192]I am understanding why more people are shooting cops. Cops have become bullies in many places. They are not looking for felons. They are looking for citzens who have broke NO laws to bully, push around and stop for no reason to harrass. And yes, I understand why people shoot them. People, especially black men who have been crapped on all their lives and have an unemployment rate at 50% probably and have no chance of finding work or living a decentr life, they have reached the end of their ropes.

Yeah, next time you are in a situation where you need a cop make sure you give them that speech before he/she helps so that they can just leave and let you fend for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies