Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We don't have enough of our own young blood workforce? How so with millions of Americans out of work? My argument is against illegal aliens coming here to work. I have no issue with foreigners coming here to work as long as they come here legally and we have the jobs and resources to sustain them. Why create yet another elderly baby boomer generation by uncontrolled illegal immigration? Our legal immigration quotas are set so as to keep populaton growth in mind and that will benefit this country and our citizens. You have a problem with that?

Who said that all minorities are welfare recipients? If an American is truly needy and hasn't acted irresponsibly and the economy isn't providing jobs for them then I have no issue with that regardless of what their race or ethnic makeup is. Again, the objection is to illegal aliens.
My point about aging US population us factual, not a personal opinon, and I am not talking about today, but the coming years and decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,752 times
Children of immigrants (legal or illegal) should not be given automatic US citizenship just because they are born in US. Once the kids are not american citizen, they cannot collect welfare, food stamps etc.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Have you heard of English?
I guess this person never heard of the American phrase "Out of many ONE"? We do have a mainstream identifying culture and language. All others are just minority cultures. This person will never get it though because he doesn't want to.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,673,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Children of immigrants (legal or illegal) should not be given automatic US citizenship just because they are born in US. Once the kids are not american citizen, they cannot collect welfare, food stamps etc.
That creates a problem because usually their parents don't speak English & they teach their kids that breaking our laws is the right thing to do & their is no naturalization process. None of them assimilates and it creates a catastrophic situation.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My point about aging US population us factual, not a personal opinon, and I am not talking about today, but the coming years and decades.
Then as I asked, why would we want to perpetuate yet another future baby boomer generation by too much legal and illegal immigration? Where are all these jobs and resources going to come from? Better to let this baby boomer generation die out and get back to having a smaller population to fit a smaller economy.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
In 2013, sooner than expected, Hispanics will outnumber non Hispanic whites in California, the direct result of unchecked illegal immigration into the no longer Golden State. Note that 26%, 3.7 million, of the state's Hispanics are not citizens. Of the 62% that are, most are the children and grandchildren of illegals. California's huge problems have been widely publicized and discussed, and many, but not all, of these problems have been the direct result of "diversity" and "multiculturalism." Just since last July the white population declined by 37,000, as whites continue to flee the increasingly hostile conditions in California.
www.ocregister.com/news/california-354517-hispanics-million.html
There's another factor: many of the children and grandchildren of non-Hispanic whites in California are counted as "Hispanic" on the census. Relationships between a non-Hispanic white and a Hispanic are normal in California and not stigmatized to the point that even racist groups have to grudgingly accept this blending of ethnicities - a blending which IMO is a Very Good Thing.

I sense the Hispanophobia in other parts of the US, and even in California to a lesser extent, is related to the old "short, dark men from the south and from the east will be marrying your daughters" - one of the pillars of the old anti-Latino prejudice in California and the southwest and related to other forms of prejudice.

California's insane fiscal policies and economic policies which are destroying the state are not the same issue and which should be dealt with seperately, but I will say there are no illegals in the State Legislature nor are illegals responsible for Proposition 13 - and you can't look at California's broken economy and broken politics without bringing those up. Nor did illegals run the big banks or the Federal Reserve which contributed to causing the housing bubble and the crash that followed it, which wrecked CA and other states.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then as I asked, why would we want to perpetuate yet another future baby boomer generation by too much legal and illegal immigration? Where are all these jobs and resources going to come from? Better to let this baby boomer generation die out and get back to having a smaller population to fit a smaller economy.
Every country needs a balance of young, and old people, and unfortunatly we are headed in the wrong direction in that arena. We have too many old people and not enough young, productive people.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Please do not scare the rwnjs of this Country with talk like this They can be very dangerous when spooked.
Don't inform us that the most irresponsible demographics have just overtaken the most responsible demographic in numbers and we won't fear for the future of this nation.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Seal the borders!
They won't !!!!!

The people in charge hate this country and want to destroy it !!!

Why don't they call Berlin and ask them how to enforce a border????

Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
They won't !!!!!

The people in charge hate this country and want to destroy it !!!

Why don't they call Berlin and ask them how to enforce a border????
What's with you right wing types and oversimplification?

The people in charge are the corporations...and they're also the ones that want their cheap illegal labor.

Are you willing to start shutting down large major corporations and boarding them up or do you just want to continue this stupid ass exercise of hiring more Border Patrol agents and hoping they'll stop the hordes? I already know the answer, which means that there is no sense in arguing with you about this stuff.

I mean..."call Berlin?" Oh...so we should put up a double wall complete with guard towers, barbwire, and shoot-to-kill orders?

Wow. How Christian is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies