Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM

857 posts, read 1,423,159 times

Advertisements

Some other Bill Hicks quotes that are relevant here:

"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, keep that in mind at all times."

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the ****ing effort. There is a difference.”

“No, I don't do drugs anymore, either. But I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day.”

This man was ahead of his time and was talking about this in the early 90's. Good to see we've managed to come a long way since then and are not facing the exact same issues...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Marijuana was criminalized to keep black folks under control.
Nope that was cocaine, hemp was used to keep migrant mexicans in check and to keep the Dupont and hearst families rolloing in dough

Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Very true, and let's not forget the paper industry lobbying the government to ban it, because they stood to lose a lot of money.

and plastic companies

and pharm companies

and alcohol companies

and tabbaco companies

and bio fuel companies that specialize in sugar/corn

Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
and plastic companies

and pharm companies

and alcohol companies

and tabbaco companies

and bio fuel companies that specialize in sugar/corn

Yep. Follow the money.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:33 PM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
To the prison industry, and to Big Pharma, I say oh well! Too F'n bad! Prison is meant for the truly evil doers in society, such as murderers, rapists, pedophiles, or those that commit other violent crimes! As for Big Pharma, half the s*** that they're peddling is more dangerous than marijuana could ever be!
Agreed. Problem is, they have power, and we don't. Their "Too F'n bad!" carries more weight to politicians than ours.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:38 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
^^^Very profound, logical, and simple.^^^

I do think it should be used recreationally. NOT before working,
driving, or school. The same restrictions as Alcohol.
Yep, that describes me pretty well.

Absolutely. Everything should be done in moderation.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Agreed. Problem is, they have power, and we don't. Their "Too F'n bad!" carries more weight to politicians than ours.

Well, then we need to vote those politicians out who cave to these lobbyists.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM

374 posts, read 812,769 times
If you talk to average people, one on one, there are very few nowdays that are totally against legalizing marijuana. And even fewer that believe it's more harmful than alcohol. Even the religious ones. It seems like there are far more people against gay marriage than weed.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Only completely brainwashed morons still think marijuana is in anyway dangerous. The fact is, it supports the prision industrial complex which keeps many a small town afloat which means legislators in those towns will always vote against any law legalizing the mary jane. If it was legal, police might have more time to investigate public corruption which no politician wants.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not sure that the two issues go hand in hand. Marrying someone of the same sex has nothing to do with marijuana usage.
I agree - and for the record, I support legalization of marijuana - and most other drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies