Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,349,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Ridiculous. Why dont they just create a gay superhero. No wonder no one gives a ***** about comics anymore
Someone cares. The last time I read a comic book they were advertising BB guns on the back cover, now there's Honda ads on the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,824,783 times
Do we know if he is even male ? I mean, he is an (illegal) alien, and i don't think hes ever been seen in the buff...do Kryptonians resemble humans beneath the clothes?

Also, if he is attracted to humans at all, surely that is bestiality?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 AM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
Its a sad marketing hook to try to generate some reader interest. But I remember watching the old Justice League cartoons and always thinking that something about Wonder Woman was just different. She was always so aloof and kind of cold.
The original TV series Batman and Robin.... 'nuff said. Although less Batman than Robin. Actually Adam West will always be THE Batman, IMO.
If they wanted to make somebody gay they could have any number of Villains to choose from. The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin, Catwoman, Poison Ivy lex Luthor. Toyman, especially Toyman.
Jimmy Olson always seemed kind of gay. I think the actor from the series was gay. And who can say that the original Lois Lane did not come across as gay? She was always very cold and critical to Clark Kent, even mean to him.
If you think about it, practically none of these characters showed much sexuality, heterosexual or otherwise. And it had practically zero influence on their popularity. It makes the whole issue of making one gay seem completely irrelevant, huh?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,226,230 times
Please, God, don't let it be Wonder Woman. She was always my favorite cartoon character and I loved watching Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman even as an adult.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:01 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,690,820 times
So now to make the "Lavender Mafia" happy (and to boost sales that pale in comparison to Marvel) they are going to "hijack" (I mean draft) a well-known character and make him play for "Team Agenda". No doubt this will be followed by a storyline where the character goes after a group of bashers in a particular neighborhood, or he saves the life of a kid about to kill himself over his being teased about his sexuality, or the character gets married.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 AM

78,629 posts, read 60,809,315 times
There are already gay superheroes, I forget which ones. This publicity stunt is jumping the shark IMO.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

I did like a graphic novel I read where Superman could never have a physical relationship with Lois because it would kill her. They touched on this in a Hulk graphic novel too. It was in a post apocalyptic scenario where the villains had killed off the heroes and ran things. Banner had become unbalanced and had his own *turf*....he kept his cousin she-hulk around for *ahem* because "others couldn't handle the pace".

Gotta love graphic novels, they have some real teeth vs. most of the softball stuff for mass consumption.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,695,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Looks like Obama's "evolving" is catching on.

From Fox News - "Honchos at Superman's comic book home, DC Comics, said this weekend that one of their most identifiable (but as of yet unnamed) straight characters will soon be coming out of the closet, according to a report".

Could Superman be gay? DC Comics having one their popular characters come out of the closet, report says | Fox News

I always used to wonder about him and Lois Lane, that "faster than a speeding bullet" stuff had to hurt.

But maybe it's the Dark Knight himself, putting a whole new kink on the Robin sidekick thing. Batman Is Gay: Comic Writer Grant Morrison Says Concept Of Superhero Character Is 'Sexually Deviant'

We'll know soon.
Do super hero comics have issues where their characters are having sex in comics anyway?

Do we even know if Wonder Woman likes to give oral sex, or receive anal sex? What the heck does a person's preference for sexual gratification have to do with their being super heroes anyway?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,145,747 times
DC comics is now known as PC Comics. This is idiotic. Oh well, who ever it is if it's a successful character, it won't be anymore.
They know they can't make a successful one from scratch so they are trying to ruin one who has been successful

Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,405,603 times
Quote:
Ridiculous. Why dont they just create a gay superhero. No wonder no one gives a ***** about comics anymore
For real? I think more people, from a larger demographic, read comics now than ever before. Think about it. Nearly half the top grossing films each year come from DC and Marvel comics.

I bet your average comic reader is well above the age to vote and drink alcohol.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,848,652 times
Quote:
Is that why comic book sourced movie make hundreds of millions of dollars when turned into summer blockbuster movies?

Anyway, I can only think we should be fair to the bigots and fundies and make some gay comic book villians too. Here are some good choices:

Captain Boomerang

The Riddler

Every female supervillian

and for best "wishes he was a comic book supervillian"...

Lord Humungous

and Richard Simmons

Last edited by Chango; 05-22-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies