Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are YOU targeting Spanish speakers? There are tens of thousands of Americans who speak only Russian, Polish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Romanian, Bulgarian and other languages, who haven't assimilated to English. Why are you singling out Hispanics?
Why not? MOST people in the US who want us to kiss their butts in learning another language ARE Hispanic. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
All this talk about pizza is making me want pizza.
You can't have mine. LOL

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Why not? MOST people in the US who want us to kiss their butts in learning another language ARE Hispanic. Sheesh!
You mean all the highschool and university language teachers? The German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and French teachers, to name a few? All the parents in the US who want their kids to have a well-rounded education, one that prepares them for an international career?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Yo quiero Pizza Hut

Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltenrocksociety View Post
Learning another language is not easy. From where you are sitting right now it is simple to make an absurd claim that if you were going to another nation you would learn their language before going there. Urgent situations force people to act much differently than they think they would.
I don't buy that! i taught myself Italian, from online classes, and am speaking pretty fluently. If i can teach myself italian from online classes myself, and learn pretty good. People can learn basic english, if they choose too. All it takes is hard work, determination, and the will, and you can do it. Practice makes perfect.

buona serata! ci vediamo. ciao

Old 05-24-2012, 03:00 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Yo quiero Pizza Hut
Lol.. Oh my god... I was just going to post "Yo quiero Taco Bell" and ask if that would work at the pizza shop.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:48 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And it would kill you to learn Spanish? How hard is it to learn? Can't handle the challenge? Learning a foreign language stimulates and enriches the mind. It also helps stave off Alzheimer's, doctors say, for the geezerly set among us. What foreign language did you learn in highschool? What about college? You did go to college, didn't you?
I know many languages, but my primary & native language is English, so is America's.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Either way, the discussion is moot unless it can be proven that most of the demographic that this Dallas pizza chain is trying to drawn in is here due to illegal means.
Texas is a border state.
We have at least 11-25 million illegals in the country.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Maybe if some of those Americans spent the time to learn Spanish they could improve their job prospects, personal income and enjoyment of the world around them.

How can learning new skills be a bad thing? The US is now and always will be a bilinqual English/Spanish country.
why should we need to learn Spanish because of people that break into our country can't speak English?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't care who they are targeting. I am as anti-illegal immigrant as anyone, but it is not the job of a pizza restaurant owner to check the papers of his clientele. He didn't say 'come get a free pizza if you are an illegal immigrant' - he is giving the pizzas to people who order in Spanish. I'm not an illegal immigrant(Spanish-speaking or otherwise), but I do speak passable Spanish - and if I lived in Dallas - I would go and get a free pizza!

Are you suggesting that they would refuse to extend the offer to a gringo such as myself?
The reason for free pizza was to celebrate immigrants in this country. If anything Many hispanics come to this county illegally many have anchor babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies