Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

And the use for drones inches forward.
The police use rubber bullets and tear gas so why shouldn't the unmanned drones be outfitted with them as well ?

The ACLU is getting concerned.

Groups Concerned Over Arming Of Domestic Drones « CBS DC
Chief Deputy Randy McDaniel of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office in Texas told The Daily that his department is considering using rubber bullets and tear gas on its drone.

“Those are things that law enforcement utilizes day in and day out and in certain situations it might be advantageous to have this type of system on the UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle),” McDaniel told The Daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,098,605 times
Not just the ACLU.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
It's amazing the amount of people that are NOT concerned about military drones that will be used to fly over our towns and cities for 'surveillance'. It looks like the 'it's for your safety' mantra is working.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Nary a word from liberals on this subject in any of the political forums I frequent. It's simply not a topic of great concern to them. I guess it's hard to hate the government you depend on, even when your own civil liberties are at stake. Afterall, this is one topic in which we should ALL be able to find common ground....but nope.....not a peep. I maintain that liberalism is a mental disease.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nary a word from liberals on this subject in any of the political forums I frequent. It's simply not a topic of great concern to them. I guess it's hard to hate the government you depend on, even when your own civil liberties are at stake. Afterall, this is one topic in which we should ALL be able to find common ground....but nope.....not a peep. I maintain that liberalism is a mental disease.
Just curious, what does some sheriff "considering" putting rubber bullets in a drone have to do with civil liberties?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I am a liberal leftist and I do not fear surveillance drones any more than I fear radar speed detectors on the road. The drones will not stop me from going wherever I want just as Cop radar do not stop me from driving faster than the speed limit. If I ever see one I probably stop and wave a greeting.

The whole debate reminds me of the dystopia portrayed in "Dark Angel". There drones were used to keep track of the untermensch in the slums.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM

593 posts, read 1,412,156 times
I'm a "*******" and I'm totally against using drones on American citizens and totally against them being ARMED. I saw something on Nightline about how some of the sheriff's departments got their hands on drones. It was ONE sentence in a bill that was passed by congress that was very vague. Even the congressman who authored the bill admitted he did not think that sentence would be used to arm law enforcement depts across the US with drones for surveilling Americans. It's all very worrisome. Get a passport, renew your passport and be ready to get out before they close up the borders from the INSIDE.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I got no money to run or any place to run to. I guess I'll just have to learn how to operate a drone.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
History has tought us that it is only a matter of time before the machines created for war are eventually turned for use upon the subjects of tyrannical governments.

Time brush-up on skillsets and enroll in a few wingshooting classes.

This is yet another reason we need Ron Paul for POTUS!

Stop they tyranny and restore the Republic!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Just wait till there's an app for that...

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies