Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well UFO stuff is kind of out there but Nikola Tesla did get screwed by Edison stole his patents which were later given back to him as well as a nobel Peace prize and and in the J.P Morgan pulled the funding for his power projects and he was Right about Ac being better than DC but Edison and weastinghouse were in it for the money and Nikola tesla was in it for mankind and not the $$$ so he get sscrwed over.

If you like that TRIVE stuff look at the Real History Channel documntry on Nikola Tesla and you will see how how people used his patents and then used them to make huge profits and he ended up broke and poor because he did not want to do it for the money..He was a interesting guy that never really got his due.
Very sad, a great loss for mankind. For the most part, I don't trust the History Channel, I think they are part of revisionist history, but perhaps they tell the truth about Tesla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:41 PM

I have just concluded that the overpopulation theory is bull. I took a look at a google map of my area, of Northern CA. In this area, there is so much land with no roads, no access, to the majority of land, which is mostly owned by the State of Federal gov't. Those that say we have more than enough land for a growing population are correct. We could be building more roads, more infrastructure, more farms, but that is not what the elites want. This push is to herd us into crowded centers of control. They also hinder our freedom to travel, grow and develop by limiting access and controlling every activity under the guise of climate change.
I used to think that was a good thing, because I thought the animals and nature should have some respite from humankind, but there is a balance, and that balance is not what the powers seek. The Green Revolution is a scam to promote more corporate fascism.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Look at what Florida is doing. They buy up land with taxpayer money and don't allow anybody on it in the name of conservation. Acquired almost 10 million acres of land.

Florida Forever is Florida’s premier conservation and recreation lands acquisition program, a blueprint for conserving natural resources and renewing Florida’s commitment to conserve the state’s natural and cultural heritage. Florida Forever replaces Preservation 2000 (P2000), the largest public land acquisition program of its kind in the United States. With approximately 9.9 million acres managed for conservation in Florida, more than 2.5 million acres were purchased under the Florida Forever and P2000 programs.
Since its inception in July 2001 to the present, the Florida Forever program has acquired more than 682,000 acres of land with $2.85 billion.

Florida Forever | State Lands | Florida DEP

Old 07-14-2012, 03:36 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I have just concluded that the overpopulation theory is bull. I took a look at a google map of my area, of Northern CA. In this area, there is so much land with no roads, no access, to the majority of land, which is mostly owned by the State of Federal gov't. Those that say we have more than enough land for a growing population are correct. We could be building more roads, more infrastructure, more farms, but that is not what the elites want. This push is to herd us into crowded centers of control. They also hinder our freedom to travel, grow and develop by limiting access and controlling every activity under the guise of climate change.
I used to think that was a good thing, because I thought the animals and nature should have some respite from humankind, but there is a balance, and that balance is not what the powers seek. The Green Revolution is a scam to promote more corporate fascism.
People tend to live near Water and areas like that are limited thus it gets stacked....and congested. Its a human thing , its also tied to the economy... And if you look back on human history , its always how the majority have lived near the coast or a fresh water source. The Tides are turning back towards to the Cities and Inner Suburbs and it would be almost impossible to change those tides in certain states like the Northeast or Midwest or Northwest. This isn't really as evil as you put it , a lot of the older suburbs are more free then the Newer suburbs and laided back....tree lined aswell. As for being Free to travel where every , you can do that in the Northeast pretty well , either by car or train or bus...which represents a free Choice Transit Society... Northern Cali will never be filled wall to wall with population but the Urbanized core will be stressed. Cali doesn't build its suburbs right , newer suburbs in the East are built around Transit instead of cars thus reducing the strain on the roads , in Cali they don't do that. As for farms , we need more of those in this country and not the large corporate kind , the small kind. Mom and Pop farms...of course thanks to the billions in subsides the large farms have started to decline in this country although they on the rebound in the Northeast. They changed the laws and encouraged more Farmers Markets...which caused dying farms to stabilize and expand. Amtrak uses local small Farmers along its routes...for Fruits and Vegetables...and alot of Urban Restaurants in NJ import from Jersey Farms... You get a small tax credit if you do...

Old 07-14-2012, 03:43 PM

and before anybody starts harping about Africa and India, I'll comment on that too. The poorest among us are the ones that have the most children. Why? Because the more they have, the more likely a few will survive their childhood. These populations are the ones that the elite powers are keeping dependent and subjugated, and targetted for vaccines, birth control including sterilization and perpetual destabilization. Obamacare provides free sterilization, at some point it will be encouraged then mandated for the undesirables.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:20 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
The future holds for smaller, more concentrated housing, no more living room and fewer bedrooms. Who needs a yard, it just wastes water, right?

Other things that make up the home of 2015? No more living room. According to the survey, 52 percent of builders expect the living room to merge with other spaces and 30 percent believe that it will vanish completely to save on square footage. Instead, expect to see great rooms — a space that combines the family and living room and flows into the kitchen.
The Enlightened Conservative: Agenda 21 Right On Track
So What??? The natural interplay of supply and demand will accomplish the same thing, and without the expense of both a multi-national bureaucracy, and the legions of government parasites following a lead that isn't needed to begin with.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
So What??? The natural interplay of supply and demand will accomplish the same thing, and without the expense of both a multi-national bureaucracy, and the legions of government parasites following a lead that isn't needed to begin with.

is that comment directed at me? I never said 'so what', so I don't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
is that comment directed at me? I never said 'so what', so I don't know what you're talking about.
The comment was directed at those who, like Al Gore, see every economic issue as another excuse to further expand and empower the bureaucracy; no personal invecte was intended.

I'll cite the enduring City of Detroit, BTW, as a prime example. The automobile industry actually grew from a number of forebearers producing products as divergent as carriages and stoves. It has always been driven in part by the economics of producing, gathering and combining a wide array of component parts, as opposed to traditional "from scratch" manufacture.

It might also be noted that the subcontracted forging and stamping operations of Michigan and Ohio, which produced many of these parts, were the laboratory in which the "bare bones"/no-deductible health plans that first destabilized Blue Cross/Blue Shield were developed.

Little Mikey Moore's well-paid caterwauling to the contrary, Detroit is simply going through what Pittsburgh endured and emerged from a generation ago.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-14-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies