Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 05:22 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post

I haven't seen anyone do that in twenty years.
Where do you live? Come to the SW or the West Coast.

The difference between a check and a debit card is that with a check, you have to enter the amt and date of the purchase in the ckbook. So you're much more conscious of how much you're spending, and how much you have left, if you balance the book at the end of the day. With a card, you don't see anything. The debit card makes it too easy to spend the money without concern. I refuse to own a debit card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,806 times
People who use the HOV lane to pass (with one driver).

Drivers who pass stopped traffic on the right, then try to merge in at the last minute (cutting in front of cars).

Drivers holding cellphones to their ears.

People who take forever at the drive-thru. If you don't know the menu or know what you want, go inside. Or make a fast decision. It's not buying a house. Decide, already!

People who drive behind you when you are trying to back out. Seattle's drivers are famous for this. Too much caffeine.

People popping their zits (or their SO's zits) on the beach. Ick.

People who don't give a "thank you" wave if you let them in.

People who pull out their devices at the table in a restaurant or the dinner table.

People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. These people need to wear a sign.

People that won't wait until the aisle ahead of them to get out before pressing forward to disembark an aircraft.

People who douse themselves in perfume, cologne or body spray.

People who won't take 30 seconds to return a shopping cart to the cart corral, leading to parking lot mayhem with loose carts everywhere.

Parents who let their kids run wild.

People who permanently wear their Bluetooth as if it's a new, vital organ.

People who e-mail back "You're welcome" to a "Thanks" e-mail.
And misspell You're as "Your"
People who e-mail the work "Thanks".
Just kidding on the last ones...sort of.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Kroger...Kroger is three pegs above Walmart. We do not have a kroger here. I would kill for a Kroger and give my left leg for Publix.
haha, ok, now you have my sympathy. So, where do you shop? Don't tell me you have to shop at Wal-Mart??!!!! NO, please don't say Wal-Mart. Boycott Wal-Mart!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like Beebe's rant list, another good laugh. And YES, people who let their kids run wild! Or let them scream for no reason. I was at the UPS place, in line, behind a mom and her little kid. The kid was running around, back and forth in and out of line. At one point, I turned and took a step toward my mailbox, to check my mail, and I felt something fly across the room. I had no idea what it was, but it turned out to be the kid! He happened to run past just as I was taking a stride away from the line, and he caught my leg and went flying! I freaked (the kid was fine), and held my tongue, the mom figured out she'd screwed up in allowing her kid to run around. (The kid also figured it out.) When I was a kid, kids didn't run around, they stood in line with their moms.

Oh well. Changing times.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hahahahahahahaha! You're killing me, hotair! hee hee hee Is life really so miserable? haha Sorry. But maybe you should stay in bed all day! haha, this is the best laugh I've had all week. :' ) We're discussing regulating sneezes, now? I'm ROFL!

Come on have you never seen people sneeze or cough and not cover there mouth? I live in mouth breathing, knuckle dragging central. You have no idea the stuff I see on a daily basis. I went to lunch today and saw a woman in her 80's at the gas station with a muscle shirt and no bra. I am never going to be able to burn that out of my brain. She got into a chrysler convertible with another 80 something year old woman who had an oxygen tank in the back seat with tubes in her nose with the top down. All I could think of is why the oxygen tank, just stick head out the window like a dog and get oxygen at 60 mph.

Where I live...you would not believe the stuff that goes on around here unless you actually saw it for yourself. These have to be the rudest, most uncouth people that I have ever seen.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM

69 posts, read 67,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Cash is hard currency; checks are digitized. When you write a check, it gets digitized and is then in the same form as the debit transaction. The only difference is that people stand around like fossils while they're going through the empty check writing process.

But seriously, I'm a curmudgeon. I encourage you to write checks. I encourage you to double park. I encourage you to remove cold items from the cooler, and leave them in the bread aisle. Please, flatulate near the eggs.
Really....you're putting check writers in the same category as inconsiderate, flatulent fossils???

Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
haha, ok, now you have my sympathy. So, where do you shop? Don't tell me you have to shop at Wal-Mart??!!!! NO, please don't say Wal-Mart. Boycott Wal-Mart!
No, I do not shop at Walmart, but I can't convince my wife to stop, but there are literally very few options. I don't buy groceries. We made a deal that if she would go somewhere else I would go with her. I have not been shopping for food in a while.

There is a nice little whole foods store where I buy some things. Where I live most people either get their groceries from Walmart or road kill.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
People who use the HOV lane to pass (with one driver).

Drivers who pass stopped traffic on the right, then try to merge in at the last minute (cutting in front of cars).

Drivers holding cellphones to their ears.

People who take forever at the drive-thru. If you don't know the menu or know what you want, go inside. Or make a fast decision. It's not buying a house. Decide, already!

People who drive behind you when you are trying to back out. Seattle's drivers are famous for this. Too much caffeine.

People popping their zits (or their SO's zits) on the beach. Ick.

People who don't give a "thank you" wave if you let them in.

People who pull out their devices at the table in a restaurant or the dinner table.

People who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. These people need to wear a sign.

People that won't wait until the aisle ahead of them to get out before pressing forward to disembark an aircraft.

People who douse themselves in perfume, cologne or body spray.

People who won't take 30 seconds to return a shopping cart to the cart corral, leading to parking lot mayhem with loose carts everywhere.

Parents who let their kids run wild.

People who permanently wear their Bluetooth as if it's a new, vital organ.

People who e-mail back "You're welcome" to a "Thanks" e-mail.
And misspell You're as "Your"
People who e-mail the work "Thanks".
Just kidding on the last ones...sort of.
Now that was funny.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:42 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
I think you may be on to something. All this time worrying about everyone else. WHy cover my mouth when I have to sneeze. I mean you get spit all over your hands. WHat makes the people around me think they are so special. If they don't want to be exposed to germs, they should have stayed at home. Thanks homogenizer for enlightening me. I feel a big weight lifted off of my shoulders.
wow, that is twisted, little girl. Let's just hope you have no children and don't work around people. Public relations is not your gig.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
If that were the case, who would care? The ones that irritate me or the ones who wait until there is a tally and then start writing. They make the note in their ledger and then they write the check. Who would really care if they were ready to go?
Have your mommy do the shopping, then you'll have more time to post on C-D, which is much more important than waiting for an elder to write a check. you cannot be for real.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:46 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,008 times
Quote:
Where do you live? Come to the SW or the West Coast.
That's what I figured.

Quote:
...with a check, you have to enter the amt and date of the purchase in the ckbook. So you're much more conscious of how much you're spending, and how much you have left, if you balance the book at the end of the day. With a card, you don't see anything. The debit card makes it too easy to spend the money without concern. I refuse to own a debit card.
Balance books are free with every account; receipts come with every purchase; being responsible makes you less of a burden on others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Zymers View Post
Really....you're putting check writers in the same category as inconsiderate, flatulent fossils???
There are considerate people, and there are inconsiderate people; you can grade the latter; I'll just lump them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies