Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So I did. Why didn't he say whites on welfare should leave the plantation then?
That's the thing that gets me about the GOP is that they attempt to make it like the only people that are poor or are receiving government assistance are Black or Hispanic.

Anybody with shred of objectivity or common sense KNOWS that not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 04:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Baloney, it's perfectly accept to describe non-White people as "People of Color". I have yet to see any non-White person find this term racist or offensive.

You should get out more.
Its about keeping the agenda going by deflection and denial. At all cost the agenda must continue.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. Black men need to get back to this culture.
Did you just say that black men aren't at all family oriented or what? I am sure that some aren't but that takes in men of all races. Black men do need to get back to supporting their families but surely when you say that more whites are dependent on the government you are saying that white men aren't like that.

I really don't believe that you meant what it sounded like but you need to look and see what it sounds like you said.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Baloney, it's perfectly accept to describe non-White people as "People of Color". I have yet to see any non-White person find this term racist or offensive.

You should get out more.
Right..it's preferred over "minority". I personally hate that word. Minority to me means less than when referring to people.

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you just say that black men aren't at all family oriented or what? I am sure that some aren't but that takes in men of all races. Black men do need to get back to supporting their families but surely when you say that more whites are dependent on the government you are saying that white men aren't like that.

I really don't believe that you meant what it sounded like but you need to look and see what it sounds like you said.
Nah unlike the GOP I know all races have these problems but according to the people you support its just Blacks and Hispanics that are the problem.

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because whites are not the problem. Maybe if you started to concentrate on problems in your own house instead of your neighbor's, then minorities would be better off.
Speaking of problems in your own house maybe you should pay more attention to people strung out on oxy and meth, pedophiles, and people who feel like that have to kill themselves and their families when they can't handle life's stresses.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
LOL man I work with the poor. I see it all the time, everyday, all day.

In most cases, the kids fall behind primarily due to simple mistakes. For young black and latino men, their problems primarily appear to stem from bad personal choices. Many of them set themselves up early for little if any chance at "making it." When you're 18, have a felony on your record, a child on the way and haven't completed high school--you cannot convince me that the lack of Pell Grants is what is holding you behind. The same is true for the young women--what keeps many of them from getting hahead is early child rearing. Far too many of them see it as a passage of adulthood rather than attaining an education and getting married. All the kids that I know, with none of the above, do just fine. Not one of them is suffering.

I've said it once and I'll say it again--money is not the problem. You can not subsidize or legislate values and morals. It simply doesn't work.

Check out a Study of Philadelphia's Belmont 112. When a Philly Philanthropist said that he would give 112 elementary students a free education if they could graduate high school in the 1980s. Needless to say, they followed up in the late 90's and the results were pretty shocking.
I like it when progressives try to convince you that it is money that is needed to advance the educational progress of young people. That comment about Pell grants is straight out of the talking points of progressives and so easily accepted by non-whites when what you say easily points out that Pell grants mean nothing to those who don't graduate from high school for whatever reason.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Hey please start your own thread. This one is not about that.
Yep, this one is pure and simply about race and nothing else. Right?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
It's interesting how some people are so desperate to discredit "the other" political party, that anything becomes fodder for doing so.

We're also in a day & age when you cannot speak honestly about any problem, if it involves blacks or homosexuals. Even if the problem really has nothing to do with race or sexual orientation, those things automatically make honest discussion off-limits.

So... Are you going to try to deny the fact that politicians use any and all tactics possible, to buy votes?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I like it when progressives try to convince you that it is money that is needed to advance the educational progress of young people. That comment about Pell grants is straight out of the talking points of progressives and so easily accepted by non-whites when what you say easily points out that Pell grants mean nothing to those who don't graduate from high school for whatever reason.
tsk, tsk. How short the public memory is. GW Bush tried to boast about raising the amount funding for Pell grants in one of his debates with Kerry, only he got it wrong. The amount of funding stayed the same, but more students got grants because the amount awarded to each student was cut. He got it all upside down and backwards during the debate. In any case, "W" was the one who first made it a talking point. I guess you didn't watch the debates, Roy, or maybe at the time you didn't know what a Pell Grant was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies