Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The reaction to hard facts and studies expose the deep state of denial of the pro-narcotic crowd. It also exposes the weakness of their own argument which is supported by nothing except loud "you are wrong" screams.
The acceptance of "articles" as fact without actually examining sources or "other interests" involved in the authoring of those articles simply shows a lack of critical thinking. You obviously accept anything that fits with your "world view" simply reaffirming your (somewhat questionable) beliefs on the subject.

Once again, I would ask.... where are the bodies? Why aren't the mental hospitals filling up with with schizophrenic pot smokers? The answer is because it's not the big issue you seem to think it is. Considering that there are 30M pot smokers in the US alone, I would think that would be identified.

The fact that you question nothing you read shows an obvious lack of intellectual curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I still don't get it. Why alter the mind?? They will pay one way or another down the line... eroding the brain cells, anxiety, depression, phobias which will keep them taking the drugs.. kind of massive stupidity.
People lived hard lives for a long long time too. Alchol along with hard work built the west. Many cultures have used drugs to make the daily drugery of life tolerable. Many still do. And what is that vicodan someone who has cronic pain take but a drug to make life managable. Just different sources.

While we don't labor now like back then, its still a pretty depressing society. And we'ver ramped up stress far beyond what it had been before. Our society tells us it should be easy, but it still isn't. Some just slip into a way to manage. Some slip further.

We *all* have something which acts as a drug of choice, psychologically.

And nobody ever worries about what the pills or botanicals will do to you. Until it does. Doctors encourage this by not having patients look up their perscriptions and reading the FDA papers before they give them out. And acting like you broke some rule of doctorhood if you question a med or won't take it. If we're not supposed to decide for ourselves if a pharma med is something we want to try, considering ALL the material, and side effects are generally dismissed as 'something you get used to', why should we? They're all just magic pills.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It was a matter of time, I guess. I really was kind of hoping that somebody wouldn't have ratted him out. He was quite entertaining.

ya!!!!! wish i could roll this thread and smoke it

some people need to lighten up!!! oops>> or is it some members need to lite it up once n awhile

aww now the threads going to die out

Old 06-07-2012, 05:12 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Could have easily done the same thing when drinking.
So what is your point ? There are people who will abuse stuff whether it's legal or not.
The point is that pot is not harmless, as some pot advocates claim.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So Momonkey believes we need to live under a stronger and more strict nanny state. And probably thinks not we have been doing a miserably poor job in trying to imprison our way out of our country's drug problems and need to get on the ball and step it up.

Those are assumptions on your part. All the OP said was that pot wasn't harmless, as some pot advocates repeat ad nauseum.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
The use of spirits and intoxicants goes back thousands of years.
So, what's your point. Just because people have been doing dumb things for thousands of years doesn't mean it's not dumb.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It's pretty harmless. But more to the point it's not HARMFULL enough to justify being illegal and all the drama surrounding it.

It won't stop anyone from doing stupid things though. We all do stupid things.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
ya!!!!! wish i could roll this thread and smoke it

some people need to lighten up!!! oops>> or is it some members need to lite it up once n awhile

aww now the threads going to die out
Nope, there are plenty of ppl that bought that "Reefer Madness" propaganda, the anti weed nut jobs will never die off fast enuf for me.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Correct. It is actually far more harmful than I thought. I provided references to dozens of medical studies and the results are downright scary. 10% of all mental psychosis cases in US are triggered by marijuana.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:24 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
The question is not whether pot is "harmless." It is whether or not we believe that the state should be able to use its big-government police and incarceration powers against individuals to control its usage.

I don't think it's even a close debate - of course not. Of course the state and its police agencies should not be given that kind of power over its citizens. That's too extreme an intrusion into liberty, and it threatens to erode the 4th amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies