Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 08:14 PM

70 posts, read 117,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I don't hate gay people. I do think they have something wrong with them, and cant help it. They indeed have something mis-wired that causes them to want to be attracted to their same sex. But I dont hate them for it. I can view that as somewhat un-natural and not be labeled homophobic, or at least I should be able to feel that way. I have no hate towards them, I just find them strange and odd and always will feel that way about it.
If you only knew how bizarre this sounds. Some also think right wing people are mis-wired, as well as religious people. Where does it stop. Are we all to be boring carbon copies of each other.

Last edited by GTK473; 06-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Default It's always seemed to go together to me. The haters always have

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
Because they can use religion to justify the intolerance.

It isn't really about religion, of course. The same people screaming about how homosexuality is a sin willingly sin themselves on a daily basis. It is quite simply about control and the fact that they have a widely-accepted excuse to hide behind.

Though if you hang around this board some more, you'll see some are as blatantly racist as they are homophobic.
It's always seemed to go together to me. The haters always have to have something to hate.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM

Default I've noticed that too. I think some posters/groups are using this as

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
"a strong dislike and fear of homosexual people"

homophobia - Definition and pronunciation | Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com

"unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality."

Homophobia | Define Homophobia at Dictionary.com

" irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"

Homophobia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Haven't noticed any people on CD who have an irrational fear, strong dislike, antipathy, aversion to, or discriminate against heterosexuals.

But I've certainly noticed quite a few who have "an irrational fear, strong dislike, antipathy, aversion to, or discriminate against" homosexuals.
I've noticed that too. I think some posters/groups are using this as a public forum to spread their hatred. I've also noticed some postings in different forums that are almost duplicates of the same poster's comments in another forum, cutting and pasting their hatred into various forums.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM

Default OK, count me as stupid, because you sound quite homophobic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And if you think that I'm Homophobia you are stupid (to)....
OK, count me as stupid, because you sound quite homophobic!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 PM

Default Ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
I'm pretty sure statistically there are more immoral homosexuals since their life style is predicated on unnatural and antisocial desires.
Ridiculous!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Default Yet another ridiculous post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
I'm pretty sure statistically there are more immoral homosexuals since their life style is predicated on unnatural and antisocial desires.
Yet another ridiculous post!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 PM

Default It must be nice to be so pious and so up on a pedestal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is an excellent post. Yes, it is true that for many of those or all, their sexuality is their focus and that is why it was considered a mental health disorder for so many years until their community continued to attend conferences on mental health have shout downs during the conferences until they won. Now, they are trying to do this in every forum they can get their foot into. If you look at the criteria that were listed when it was considered a mental health disorder, it goes beyond how they have sexual relations. You will also see that many of the sexual activities are harmful both physically and psychologically. "Their" community are trying not to have equal rights but to make their lifestyle moral and normal which it will never be. Many of us are so sick of hearing about it. Who cares if they have civil unions? Most don't but they want to call it "marriage" to make it seem moral. Sadly, you are correct about the obsession and that, more than the relationships themselves, is what makes them outside the realm of normal. Because they have guilt for what they are doing, if we all embrace it, they feel it will make it OK. The hate they feel comes from within themselves and they want us to take it away and it just doesn't work that way but therapy and/or medication could go a long way in helping them understand and accept the way they are. I feel that as a mental health disorder, more in that community were able to work through the issues that they had with their sexuality, not change it but work through it where they could accept themselves but now, that has been taken away from them.
It must be nice to be so pious and so up on a pedestal!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM

Default Well said! What I find amazing are those preoccupied with

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggal View Post
No. Their sexuality is YOUR focus. You and your side are so obsessed with what kind of sex they're having and whether it's moral or not, YOU seek to deny these people certain rights because of it.

What consenting adults choose to do in the privacy of their own homes is none of your business. It doesn't affect you in the slightest, and it should NOT be the basis for denying fellow human beings equal rights.
Well said! What I find amazing are those preoccupied with other people's sexual habits. I find it really really werid and mentally unbalanced.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,552,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
As a black lesbian, I neither chose my race or my sexual orientation. Why is it most sane Americans acknowledge the pathology of racisms' destructiveness but are then unwilling to acknowledge homophobia is no different?

Because they are not the same.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:54 PM

Default It is absolutely a waste of time with some people, because they get their kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiana View Post
At this point, I'm tired of fighting. I've exhausted all arguments and accepted that some people will never accept the reality that the is nothing inherently abnormal about homosexuality. I don't care to persuade these people any longer--civil rights will come soon enough.
It is absolutely a waste of time with some people, because they get their kicks by being hateful and singling out people/groups to hate. When one tries to discuss this with them it feeds their hatred, I can see that in the posts. They just come back with more and more hatred.

They are the bigots and haters in our society. They have always been here, probably always will be. They are a waste of time to deal with and they will remain immature and disgusting probably their entire lives, small minded bigots hating away, dwelling in the lower levels of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies