Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:59 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,916,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Actually, if memory serves, Obama sold his stimulus by comparing the recession to the Great Depression.
Although I would agree on the comparison, quote his words. Then we will have actual words to debate on. It won't make for a logical debate if we were to solely rely on potentially souped up quotes.

Either way, Obama would be correct. When was the last time this country saw its economy drop 6.5 million jobs in just 12 months, FY2009? Or, 8.8 million jobs over two calendar years? Or, 839K private sector jobs in just one month? Clue me in, if I've missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,196,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Really? Prove where he said that. Seriously, man up and show where Obama said that. You don't even provide a source for the graph to which you linked.

Total fail on your little thread.
"Man up?" I've seen this same quote used by you numerous times on this forum. How impressive. Not to mention that you completely flubbed your understanding of what the OP actually said.

(Is it too much to ask for liberals with intellect beyond the age 20 on this forum? Please????)

Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,306,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I am sure you can tell the difference between adding 861K jobs versus losing 187K? That is a differential of over one million jobs over a five month span.
And the same thing would have happened if we did nothing because job creations come after EVERY SINGLE RECESSION..

Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,203,120 times
Quote:
"Man up?" I've seen this same quote used by you numerous times on this forum. How impressive. Not to mention that you completely flubbed your understanding of what the OP actually said.
Debate like an adult and give some data to back up your assertion and you won't hear that from me. My understanding wasn't flubbed. What the OP wrote is a lie and it was rather childish to post a graph without showing from where it came and to give a statement that he didn't back up and can't prove.

A good example would be the recent thread about people comparing the import-export bank to subsidies to companies for having corporate jets. Childishly, the OP didn't prove data to back up what he/she said. I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the same thing would have happened if we did nothing because job creations come after EVERY SINGLE RECESSION..
Well given that you blame him for the job losses and spending that are due to the recession, you should be giving him credit for the jobs created. Otherwise, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Well given that you blame him for the job losses and spending that are due to the recession, you should be giving him credit for the jobs created. Otherwise, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
For gods sakes stop lying. I didnt blame him for job losses. How the hell could I blame him for something that started a year before he was sworn into office.. Get real..

Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,916,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long does it usually take for job recovery to begin following end of recessions? If you have done trend analysis, you would know AT LEAST that?

And no, a recession can become worse, and possibly depression too. We didn't get there despite of losing nearly 9 million private sector jobs in just two years. Why do you think Bush's second tax cuts (JGTRRA, 2003) was passed if job growth automatically happens after recessions? Why do you think Bush's first tax cuts (EGTRRA, 2001) was passed, if economy was to grow anyway? Are you also suggesting that even without those republican stimulus programs, we would have seen improvement and that they were unnecessary?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,532,332 times
One of the great lies of the dems and the left is that they or obama "inherited" anything. They CREATED the problem; obama was a senator who was part of the problem. In other words, he helped create the problem he whines about inheriting.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,524,862 times
Quote:
Who predicted it right? And who predicted that this country will lose an unprecedented 6.5 million private sector jobs in only one year (FY2009). Clearly, you have absolutely NO idea of the scale of the debacle he inherited. Either that, or a serious memory problem. But then, political hacks do so naturally to promote denial.

If you want to whine about something, find something that is honest and not pure political bickering.
Oh, let's remember ... too ... that President Obama is Worldwide President, regning over all nations and responsible for their economic issues ... which affect our economy every day and in every way. Just tell me when to pass-out the tin foil hats.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,712,204 times
Quote:
Debate like an adult and give some data to back up your assertion and you won't hear that from me. My understanding wasn't flubbed. What the OP wrote is a lie and it was rather childish to post a graph without showing from where it came and to give a statement that he didn't back up and can't prove.

You mean to say that you have never seen that chart before?

Obama has created a net loss in jobs.

It takes the creation of a minimum of 150,000-200,000 jobs each month, just to keep up with the normal eb and flow of new job seekers graduating from school, people changing jobs, businesses restructuring, etc...

Obama has been president for over 40 months, so with a paltry 100k per month that would 4 million jobs, which does not keep up with the minimum required, hence our net jobs loss.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
How long does it usually take for job recovery to begin following end of recessions? If you have done trend analysis, you would know AT LEAST that?
Thats not the discussion because the discussion is you giving Obama credit for job creations, even though EVERY SINGLE recession that happens.
Quote:
And no, a recession can become worse, and possibly depression too. We didn't get there despite of losing nearly 9 million private sector jobs in just two years. Why do you think Bush's second tax cuts (JGTRRA, 2003) was passed if job growth automatically happens after recessions? Why do you think Bush's first tax cuts (EGTRRA, 2001) was passed, if economy was to grow anyway? Are you also suggesting that even without those republican stimulus programs, we would have seen improvement and that they were unnecessary?
Bushs tax cuts were passed in order to reduce the period of time we were in a recession, which is why they resulted in more federal revenues. The ending of the recession is what created the jobs.

Seriously, have you even attended school? Never heard of economic business cycles? For being an expert, you dont know very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies