Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
If you refuse to believe it, ask yourself these questions:

A). Why are women a protected class

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's just from your perspective.

Explain what you mean by "women are a protected class". We need to clarify terms in order to be able to discuss.

On a fundamental level, there need to be some protections for women, because of childbirth, and because they're more vulnerable. Any protections that exist (they're a bit spotty and sketchy still) exist because women had to fight for them for decades. Through the 1960's and into the 70's, wives were the property of their husbands. Husbands were free to beat their wives and rape them. Even boyfriends could beat up their girlfriends, and the police often looked the other way. Sexual harassment at the workplace was "just the way life was". Women couldn't open a checking account on their own. Women routinely were turned down for jobs men could do, because the man was considered the breadwinner (this made no recognition of the existence of single or widowed moms), and because it was assumed they weren't into their jobs as a career, but just short-term until they "got a man". Promotions were rare if a woman did get a good job, and the "glass ceiling" is still in effect in many companies. Women in some workplaces aren't given post-natal leave, they have to birth the kid and get right back to work, and many don't get maternity leave. Try putting in a full day's work while carrying another person around inside of you.

Question B: there has been no draft, we don't know if women would be required to respond or not.

Question C: women are better drivers in adolescence and the 20's, insurance companies have done the research. So I'm not sure what we're talking about here. I've gotten tickets, my mother got a ticket, my dad in his older years was an absolutely menace as a driver who was a danger to all around him, but never got a ticket. Go figure. Do you have statistics to back up your statement, or just anecdotes?

What about men who murder their wives and get away with it, because they're the fine, upstanding citizen with a prestige job in the community who always donates to charity and sponsors the Little League team, or whatever? Puts up a great front while committing violence at home. Why do self-defense pleas by women who have to shoot their violently, life-threateningly abusing husbands never work, the women always end up with a lifelong prison sentence? Why is it that when a male supervisor sexually assaults a female employee, he usually gets off with a slap on the wrist and a transfer to another department (where he still supervises women)? (I've known such cases.)

What protected class?
i have to agree with ruth on this one. while there are certain protections put in place for women in the workplace, they are not a protected class.

as for the draft registration, right now for the most part women are prevented from going into combat for the most part. yes i know there are female fighter pilots, as well as females flying other aircraft that might enter a combat zone, and there are females that run supply trucks, and do other jobs that can put them into harms way, but how many female combat soldiers are there? how many females in special forces units? for the most part you dont see women on the front lines.

as for women being worse drivers than men, that may be true, but the difference is very slight indeed. men tend to get more tickets than women do because for the most part men drive more miles than women do. men also tend to drive faster than women do, and take a few more chances than women do while behind the wheel.

i personally love women, and i think they deserve the protections that society has given them. and i agree that all too often men get away with a lot when it comes to women.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Told the wife the other day "Ya know the kid is thirty now. Ya could go back to work."

Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM

410 posts, read 342,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i love women. i love this country. we are not perfect, but she fixed me lunch today gave me flowers for church fathers day display tomarrow and kissed me. as to the country buddy unless u have lived in a foreign country and lost weight due to food deprivation, please dont say that. there is french poor and there is american poor, u just dont know.
sweetest words i ever heard after 5 years absence, was from US customs,
"welcome home huck".
Blah blah blah. Women SUCK.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:49 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:

A). Why are women a protected class

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.
On the other hand, it's women doing the dancing in Gentlemen's clubs. So... you know, who got the better deal?

Old 06-17-2012, 05:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
Bla Women SUCK.
My experience in the bedroom is some do and some don't.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
It probably sucks if you're a loser, regardless of gender.
Agreed.

[i think somebody needs a hug!]

Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
I don't merely refuse to believe it, I think anybody who whines about it is a momma's boy.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:58 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default This country sucks if you're a man

yeah your right, i wish I was on a period right now or crapping out a kid , that sounds fun, yeah I wish I could never find my car keys and or lock them in my car once a week and shoot it would sure be fun to go through mentalpause and act like a friggin nut case for 5 or so years...Yeah it sucks to be a man in America.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:58 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
"Men" as a class of workers have been falling behind in the modern economy relative to women; that appears to be a trend which began some time in the later 1980's or early 90's. The changing composition of the modern workforce has not been terribly kind toward men. Male graduation rates from high school are now much lower than those of females, and the same situation presents itself at the university level.

But this is more a side-effect of the modern economy than anything else. I think the area of life where men are at a distinct legal disadvantage to women would be somewhere like family court in many states, and that's quite a thorny problem which has been ongoing for a while.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies