Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
There's a draft? Are they even registering anyone? Anyhow, someone decided long ago that men fight and women reload the weapons. that's the way thing have been, seeing men start the wars, they fight them.

Men get more tickets and have more accidents becuz they log more miles and they have less respect for authority.

Oh, and men are less intelligent.
Really?

Which part of the machines and network you just used to spread your sexist, misandaristic drivel wasn't invented by a man?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
If you refuse to believe it, ask yourself these questions:

A). Why are women a protected class

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.
if this is your attitude, no wonder you are in the shape you are in!
good grief
you do not know what hard things are
why don't you quit bitching and grow up!
gosh, I hate people who are victims!
I bet you are a ton of fun on a date! LOL

Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
OP, if men are so oppressed and women are so protected, why is it that 9 of every 10 rape victims are female? Why is it that while 1 out of 6 women are raped or survivors of attempted rape, only 1 out of every 33 men are?

Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
OP, if men are so oppressed and women are so protected, why is it that 9 of every 10 rape victims are female? Why is it that while 1 out of 6 women are raped or survivors of attempted rape, only 1 out of every 33 men are?

Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Rape is a terrible thing.

But because women are the overwehlming victim of this crime does not mean men have no greivences about society. In some matters the OP pointed out , i.e. selective service, employment law, (and as has come out since the thread began, criminal sentencing) men are on the the short end of the stick in a way many percieve as unfair.

When women point out something that is unfair to them its "girl power" or empowerment. When men do the same it's whining? Double standard much?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post

But because women are the overwehlming victim of this crime does not mean men have no greivences about society. In some matters the OP pointed out , i.e. selective service, employment law, (and as has come out since the thread began, criminal sentencing) men are on the the short end of the stick in a way many percieve as unfair.

When women point out something that is unfair to them its "girl power" or empowerment. When men do the same it's whining? Double standard much?
A lot of these women have double standards.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,204,343 times
Quote:
Thank you for reintroducing some factual discussion to the topic. vs. gratitous insults, etc.

I will have to disagree with your point on criminal sentencing. While there are, of course, some women - probably many - who have gotten harsh sentences, study after study show women ON AVERAGE receive lighter sentences than men for the same criminal offenses.

Women and Crime: Sentencing Equality : Investigation Discovery
I'm guessing you didn't read the study. I did and it doesn't really support your claim.

First, this was a study of federal cases with fairly strict sentencing guideline. 73% of the 77,000 cases did not receive any deviation in sentence. The deviation you're citing occurred in the remaining 27% of the cases. You seeing the flaw in what you're claiming?

Next, there was a large difference in the criminal history between the gender, males double that of women. Career criminal are treated more harshly.

Next, the pool of male cases contained a high percentage of blacks/minorities. Black males receive 5.5 months more time than white males. I am not seeing in the 30 page study where the author corrected skew caused by the black males harsher sentence. I think if you properly factored race out of the number, the differences between gender wouldn't be significate. Especially considering the sentence deviation, that 5.5 months (about 10% to 15%) wasn't factored across all 77,000 cases studied.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:

Lets see if I have this straight.......because of the percieved double standards, that somehow lessens rape?
Just who is it thats doing the raping in the overwhelming majority of these cases?
Rape is about power and control.
Just why is it that men think that that they have to wield that power over women?

Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lets see if I have this straight.......because of the percieved double standards, that somehow lessens rape?
Just who is it thats doing the raping in the overwhelming majority of these cases?
Rape is about power and control.
Just why is it that men think that that they have to wield that power over women?

Nice try. Take another swing at that straw man....

I never said that. What I said was a. The fact that women suffer from the crime of rape does not invalidate or justify the wrongs done to men in society, like the ones the OP raised. and b. Their seems to be a double standard when it comes to the reaction of some people when men raise issue of inequity.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:45 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:

What some men perceive as an disparity in the way men/women are treated is actually a leveling of the playing field. Until the mid-20th century, men reigned supreme, and they liked it fine that way. In the last 50 years women have begun to take their rightful place beside men. Some men, who no longer are able to legally dominate women, see the burgeoning parity between men and women as a disparity, which, of course, it is not. Those would be the whiny white men...

Old 06-18-2012, 08:47 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Men are on the short end of the stick in "employment law"? Really? Care to elaborate? Men are clearly on the long end of the stick when it comes to employment in general. No one has yet refuted that point nor the existence of a "glass ceiling" at the corporate level. No one has responded to the point that the vast majority of men get away with rape, nor has anyone answered the question: why do men rape? It's illegal, why are men not able to abide by the law? If women are a protected class, why do thousands of rape kits languish unopened? Why are they even necessary in the first place, why does the crime happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies