Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You somehow see that clarification as helpful to President Obama? You've demonstrated that he & his advisers were completely & hopelessly wrong in their projections, that they pushed forward with this disaster of a program without really understanding how it would be implemented & at what cost it would come.

Ohh, maybe they HOPED it WOULD work out that way. Is that the reason to reelect the man?
The repub alternative is.....if you can't afford it, then don't get sick. Makes sense.
Then die quickly so that you're not an inconvenience to others. Wow, simplicity itself.
Problem is, how does one die quickly? Suicide? Euthanasia? We need new laws to allow this? You righties put on your thinking caps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
The repub alternative is.....if you can't afford it, then don't get sick. Makes sense.
Then die quickly so that you're not an inconvenience to others. Wow, simplicity itself.
Problem is, how does one die quickly? Suicide? Euthanasia? We need new laws to allow this? You righties put on your thinking caps!
Confused? The Democrats answered your questions their Healthcare bill. Now that it's passed, you ought to read it.

And, remember, Obama himself said that, at a certain age, he'd prescribe a pain pill to treat the symptom instead of treatment to address the cause. It's not symptoms that kill -- it's the underlying cause that kills.

He's clearly stated that he'd pick and choose. Of course, there will be periodic "end of life" counseling --and that isn't limited to the elderly; it could be anyone in the prime of life.

So, you see, you should turn to the Dems for answers to your questions.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Confused? The Democrats answered your questions their Healthcare bill. Now that it's passed, you ought to read it.

And, remember, Obama himself said that, at a certain age, he'd prescribe a pain pill to treat the symptom instead of treatment to address the cause. It's not symptoms that kill -- it's the underlying cause that kills.

He's clearly stated that he'd pick and choose. Of course, there will be periodic "end of life" counseling --and that isn't limited to the elderly; it could be anyone in the prime of life.

So, you see, you should turn to the Dems for answers to your questions.
First, Obama isn't a doc, so I doubt he said he would prescribe a pain pill.

Second, you obviously haven't dealt with an end of life decisions, I have been there three times and stood next to friends as they dealt with them two other times. Sometimes a pain med, "keep them comfortable" is all they are able to do. I watched a 98 year old man beg us to "let me die", yelled that to me and a nurse as we tried to feed him. You must be clueless.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
First, Obama isn't a doc, so I doubt he said he would prescribe a pain pill.

Second, you obviously haven't dealt with an end of life decisions, I have been there three times and stood next to friends as they dealt with them two other times. Sometimes a pain med, "keep them comfortable" is all they are able to do. I watched a 98 year old man beg us to "let me die", yelled that to me and a nurse as we tried to feed him. You must be clueless.
Nothing is so obvious, as this post demonstrates. It's not nice to assume and go on attack.

I'm dealing with "end of life" issues right now.

What makes you think you are unique and the only one to face what most everyone -- sooner or later -- faces. This matter of "death panels" (call it by a "nice" name, if you want) is a part of Obamacare, and in time it will take the shape that regulation wording allows ("evolve") according to Dem plans. Based on past experience, I venture to say it won't be a "good" thing no matter what language it is couched in.

By the way, you ought to review the clip of that portion of his speech.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Nothing is so obvious, as this post demonstrates. It's not nice to assume and go on attack.

What makes you think you are unique and the only one to face what most everyone -- sooner or later -- faces. This matter of "death panels" (call it by a "nice" name, if you want) is a part of Obamacare, and in time it will take the shape that regulation wording allows ("evolve") according to Dem plans. Based on past experience, I venture to say it won't be a "good" thing no matter what language it is couched in.

Sarah Palin death panels are not part of ACA. Get with it. The end of life discussions with a doctor have been going on since there were doctors. Allowing family members and/or the patient to meet with a doctor and fill out end of life paperwork is a asset.

Tell you what, when you take someone into a nursing home guess what they hand you... All of the end of life paperwork. Dud, and that was before ACA. Now the consultation with a professional to explain and answer question is paid for by insurance.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:

This is what your "death panels" are.
Living wills and advance directives for medical decisions - MayoClinic.com

Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sarah Palin death panels are not part of ACA. Get with it. The end of life discussions with a doctor have been going on since there were doctors. Allowing family members and/or the patient to meet with a doctor and fill out end of life paperwork is a asset.

Tell you what, when you take someone into a nursing home guess what they hand you... All of the end of life paperwork. Dud, and that was before ACA. Now the consultation with a professional to explain and answer question is paid for by insurance.
Not, this is not that simple. That was voluntary. This is mandated by the government; even frequency of such consultations are specified.

Those who think it's nothing new are naive, or not thinking.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Not, this is not that simple. That was voluntary. This is mandated by the government; even frequency of such consultations are specified.

You ppl are ridiculous.... Tell you what, if the ACA police drags you out of your office and throw you into a "end of life" meeting with your mythical death panel, either refuse to sign anything or walk out of the room.

You ppl have gone off the deep end. Does it concern you in the least that most ppl don't trust or believe the nonsense coming from the right?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:

OK so you don't like Obama and facts don't sway you - we get it.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:

It's not mandated that you DO it.
It's mandated that it's OFFERED.

Just as most GOOD health insurance plans offer it now.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies