Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 05:08 PM

185 posts, read 253,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrebel View Post
Dude, for every person who just pays the penalty and does not get insurance, MY insurance goes up.

That situation is not going to last. They will plug that hole.

The SMARTEST thing the middle class could do is pay the penalty! Two and a half percent of an AGI of $199,999.00 is CHEAPER than what my husband and I pay per year for insurance. The way I feel now is, it's finally MY turn to get something for free. This is already unsustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Obama said it was not a tax but the only valid argument they could present to the Supreme Court was that it was a tax.
It was a play on words..it was always a tax right from the get go for those that saw through the word smithing.

Congress has unlimited authority on setting taxes. The Supreme Court upheld that.

Those that believed otherwise way back when got fooled.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,507,035 times
The healthcare nightmare has just begun...I feel trapped in paperwork and regulations already. I think this is going to backfire.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
The SMARTEST thing the middle class could do is pay the penalty! Two and a half percent of an AGI of $199,999.00 is CHEAPER than what my husband and I pay per year for insurance. The way I feel now is, it's finally MY turn to get something for free. This is already unsustainable.
Ah you've figured it out. That's why this will be a stinker. Lots of people are going to do this because they can just pick up insurance when they get sick. Insurance companies can't deny you because of pre-existing conditions anymore after all.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
He didn't. There's a penalty for not adhering to a law. Are parking tickets a tax, how about paying your taxes late. Roy, you and your buddies need to go cry alone. We've already had this debate. Its over and final. You lost.
It is a tax. Thats how Roberts ended up "justifying" it. Its a damn tax. Obama's lawyer even argued it as a tax. Obama said it wasnt, but it turns out it is. He lied again.

You damn liberals will excuse every damn thing this administration does. You drones, slaves to big government are absolutely pathetic.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:12 PM

226 posts, read 213,759 times
It's OK. His promise just evolved.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:14 PM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, if you don't get insurance, this penalty only applies to refunds. You could just make sure you don't have a refund.
Try again, you owe taxes so your in a deficit so they file a lean against your pay and take it out.. Wow wow wow.. Do you really think they are just going to let you slide if you don't have a refund? wow wow wow

Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Ah you've figured it out. That's why this will be a stinker. Lots of people are going to do this because they can just pick up insurance when they get sick. Insurance companies can't deny you because of pre-existing conditions anymore after all.
But they will just gradually keep increasing the cost of the penalty. They will make certain that we have no choice. Because that is what this is about anyways. Big government gets the say, not you. Or they will force you into giving in.

This monster, unless over turned, just changed the future of this country in such a big way. We are going to fast track away from the Constitution, which wanted a LIMITED government.

1,890 posts, read 2,655,065 times
No way to avoid it now...

How much is the fine for refusing this fascist catastrophe?

226 posts, read 213,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
He didn't. There's a penalty for not adhering to a law. Are parking tickets a tax, how about paying your taxes late. Roy, you and your buddies need to go cry alone. We've already had this debate. Its over and final. You lost.
Do you have to park? Is everyone forced to drive? Your comparison is horrible.
Instead, this is more like forcing everyone to buy a car. If you don't buy one, then you get a "fine".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies