Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

"Will you ever forgive Hanoi Jane?"

Can't forgive someone from doing nothing of harm to me, or anyone else for that matter.

What Fonda, did or didn't do had no effect on what happened or what didn't happen in Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If she was tried for treason sentenced to death and i was part of the squad assigned yes
A firing squad is a military-type death. She doesn't deserve that.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Can't forgive someone from doing nothing of harm to me, or anyone else for that matter.

What Fonda, did or didn't do had no effect on what happened or what didn't happen in Vietnam.
That is like saying Toyho Rose did not effect the soldiers of WW2

Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The war is long over.
Jane was young, naive and acted stupidly, and has admitted to her mistake. Why spend time digging up old bones?
Forgiveness puts an end to it, and the wounds of war can only begin to heal from forgiveness.

Our dwindling veterans from World War II have forgiven their enemies decades ago and now embrace each other as old comrades in arms.

When the Civil War ended, old soldiers from both sides met on the battlefields where so much blood was shed, and held each other while they cried for their fallen. They met year after year, decade after decade, until they were all gone, and held each other and cried every year. They were no longer enemies. They were brothers who all suffered, lost, and lived, closer to each other than to any other people in their lives.

Compared to these men, who went at each other like rabid wolves and fought the most savage war in our history, Jane Fonda's deed is nothing. Less than a little speck of pigeon poop.

Know when to get your blood up, and know when it is time to stop and forgive. When I was serving during the Vietnamese war, Jane Fonda pissed me off. But I got over it, because holding to anger over the past is both stupid and life shortening.
No, not everyone does something foolish when they are young. I fought for my country at age 19. I didn't commit acts of treason and aid/comfort the enemy. You want to "forgive her?" Go right ahead. That is your decision and right. Mine is to persecute the waste of oxygen until she dies and turns into dust.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Tell that to our POWs and returnees. I was one of the latter. I doubt you were even around then.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Tell that to our POWs and returnees. I was one of the latter. I doubt you were even around then.
If they were that fragile to be affected by something a Hollywood actress said or did, they were undoubtedly useless on the battlefield.

More drama queens looking to emote about something.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Forgive her?
NO, I have not and I will not!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
If they were that fragile to be affected by something a Hollywood actress said or did, they were undoubtedly useless on the battlefield.

More drama queens looking to emote about something.
That comet went clear through your brain again, did it? It wasn't as much what she said/did, per se, as it being a rallying cry for the liberals of the day who treated us returnees with hateful disdain.

Fragile? I think not, but you probably cry over a broken nail and have never had the courage to place yourself at risk down in Mommy's basement. I doubt you were even alive then.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Jane Fonda in North Vietnam

Transcript of Hanoi Jane in North Vietnam (oh, according to some people on here, a country we were at war with).

Traitor Jane Fonda

"To add insult to injury, when American POWs finally began to return home (some of them having been held captive for up to nine years) and describe the tortures they had endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Jane Fonda quickly told the country that they should "not hail the POWs as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars." Fonda said the idea that the POWs she had met in Vietnam had been tortured was "laughable," claiming: "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." The POWs who said they had been tortured were "exaggerating, probably for their own self-interest," she asserted. She told audiences that "Never in the history of the United States have POWs come home looking like football players. These football players are no more heroes than Custer was. They're military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to law."

Contrary to what all the Jane Fonda apologist's say here: She has NEVER apologized for her trip to North Vietnam, nor has she apologized for aiding and abetting the enemy. EVER. She made a distant apology to the men who fought in Vietnam on an Oprah Winfrey show. ONLY after being nominated to one of the 100 Top Women in the World (or some such BS). Her "apology" wasn't heart felt or even meaningful. She did it to get her "award." As the typical lowlife POS she is.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
My husband said he forgave her a long time ago. Grudges usually hurt the one holding them.

And he even watches Jane Fonda movies now. A few years back I learned not to mention Jane Fonda's name. He thought she should have been charged with treason. He has come a long way since Viet Nam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies