Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 05:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
^^^^^^^

So you're saying only rednecks practice due diligence when having sexual intercourse?

Interesting.
Obviously due diligence is not a big thing in Mississippi, since we have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 05:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Not to be OBVIOUS....

1. I am over 50. Yes, in my teens we "did the deed", but we were a LOT more cautious. We understood the risks, and took precautions to avoid the end result.

2. Why, if we were doing the SAME thing, was pregnancy not as prevalent? Because of the precautions we took. We feared getting someone pregnant, and having to raise a baby we were not prepared to have.

3. Yes, Roe vs Wade was passed, but it was still considered bad, when you had to find an abortion clinic, there was still a stigma to ending a life.

4. If you want to have sex however and whenever you want, by all means, but the reason some people feel , is because the government has no money, except what they receive in taxes. This means, that I, working to support my family, and paying taxes that are SUPPOSED to be used to secure our borders and the safety of our country , is being used to support someone's recreational sex.

5. Yes, recreational sex, it's not for procreation, that means it's recreational. And while yes, Sex is enjoyable, if it's not for procreation, then let's find some other activity that's enjoyable, that doesn't ask someone else to fund or support it for you, OR, pay for your own birth control. I enjoy driving my car. If I cannot afford the gas, why should I ask you to provide it for me?

6. As I mentioned before, the original intent of our framers, was that each state would have laws that the residents of state wanted. If you didn't like one state, there was another. The idea was, that groups of people tend to congregate around each other of like mind, and because each group had somewhat differing ideas on what laws should be for their group, the states would pass laws conducive to the largest group. The reason we are a Democratic Republic, is so that we elect officials to represent our way of thinking, and that they would do as we wanted, BUT that they also looked out for the greater good, which meant that not everything we wanted, we got, because some things were not good for all. Our framers looked upon Democracy as Mob Rule.

7. Understanding all of that, Roe vs Wade is a federal precedent, which the state is required to abide by. Nothing however prevents them under the guise of health and safety, from making it more difficult, because they believe that abortion is not the right thing to do.

If you live in a state that passes laws you do not agree with, there are other states. Some more liberal, some more conservative. Like Sam Kinison said, If you can't grow food where you live, move to where the food is! By the same token, if your belief system isn't widely held where you live, find a place where it is.
Yup, Repugs think by wishin' and hopin' the world , human nature, will magically change and Repugs will live in their Utopia, La-La land.
Another who thinks that after thousands of years human nature will change and everyone will only have safe sex.

Ya, know, PROcreation produces YOUR spawn.....and MY taxes have to pay for your little dunces to get educated......IF you're so responsible then pull those hopless things out of public school and send them to private schools....get back to me when you've ALL accomplished this act of PERSONAL responsibility...and quit sucking MY taxes for YOUR use...

Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yes, the SCOTUS decided that abortion is right. If people think that is incorrect, get the Supremes to reverse Roe v Wade. Until that happens, NO State has the authority to take away an American's right.
And they haven't. I admit they don't like it, and they are doing everything to make it difficult, but everything they have done is legal. Again, it's also legal to MOVE if you don't agree with the laws of a state.

Thank you for playing.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Are you being facetious?
no I am completely serious, this law will only result in poor women who do not want to be pregnant to seek out back alley abortions or self inflicted abortions. women will die as they used to do before Roe V wade. and yes, I was serious in adding a woman should not have to travel out of state for her medical needs nor to exercise her civil rights.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Actually poor women have multiple avenues to get free birth control - planned parenthood, Medicaid, etc.
Fail on your part.

Planned Parenthood clinics are not available in every neighborhood, and for some, women have to travel quite far to get the services they need. And when you're poor without a car, and have to rely on public transportation, getting to these type of clinics are nearly impossible

Medicaid, you have to abide by STRICT rules to qualify, and many women, even poor ones, do not qualify.

You can blame politicians like those in Mississippi for making this possible.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
Hey that's cool! Take away the woman's right to choose what to do with her own body! That's Republicans and Conservatives for you! Way to go, frighties!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I know your total and complete lack of knowledge of history is embarrassing so just stop making silly statements...
Oh they don't want to know that even Christians back in the second century practiced Abortion. In fact it was a Christian follower who invented one of the first medical tools to enact abortion on women, when the fetus was actually a danger to the woman's life.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Obviously due diligence is not a big thing in Mississippi, since we have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country.
Is that a redneck rate .....or?

Old 07-01-2012, 03:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber
The abortion movement was created to solve "The Negro Problem".

Should I lie to be politically correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Is legal abortion available exculsively to black women?

Should only white women be allowed the choice of abortion?

Margaret Sanger's beliefs have NOTHING to do with abortion as it is practiced today. FAIL
Your post quoted the post by joebaldknobber. Apparently, you didn't comprehend it the first time, so read his post again, carefully, and see if you understand it. I even bolded and underlined the key word for you.

You're welcome.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:38 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times

This is their State Flag and they are last or close to it for almost all educational indexes. Any more questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies