Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

It's a baby. And abortion is murder.
Then to put a stop to abortion, do you demand a law be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth. Women who break the law have to get sterilized?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 12:45 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,166,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't understand why anybody feels the state should foot the bill for it.....Do you?

If people get shot accidentally hunting...should we provide bulletproof vests on the dole?

People can drown fishing....should we give out lifevests on the dole for people too stupid to go buy one??

We are talking about recreational sex here.... If I can't afford ammunition for my P9, guess what?? I'm not going to the range..

OH WELLZZ
What the hell is a bulletproof vest going to do for someone who has been shot?? If someone gets shot accidently and they don't have insurance and can't pay, the state picks up the hospital bill, you do realize this right???

Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,680,212 times
Quote:
I don't understand why anybody feels the state should foot the bill for it.....Do you?

If people get shot accidentally hunting...should we provide bulletproof vests on the dole?

People can drown fishing....should we give out lifevests on the dole for people too stupid to go buy one??

We are talking about recreational sex here.... If I can't afford ammunition for my P9, guess what?? I'm not going to the range..

OH WELLZZ
Poor analogies. Republicans abhor government welfare and then turn around and oppose helping poor women wanting to prevent adding more people, their babies they want to prevent, on the welfare roles. For the government to help provide birth control and in return gets no killed unborn babies plus no new people on the welfare rolls sounds like a damned good deal to me.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
I'm confused by the whole "have sex with whoever, whenever, with multiple partners" arguement. It only takes having sex once with a committed partner to get pregnant. Frequency and number of partners is a red herring that adds nothing to the bc debate and smells of desperation. Not wanting a baby NOW doesn't mean not wanting one later and sex is a basic human instinct so trying to control that and say people shouldn't do it if they don't want kids is never works. No, it's not just that simple. Simple thinking is for the simple minded.

Real life, not fantasy-perfect-world-life, often leads you to think different about things.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:57 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But Republicans are quite strongly against the government helping poor women get birth control.
Actually poor women have multiple avenues to get free birth control - planned parenthood, Medicaid, etc. What republicans object to is employers being forced to include free birth control coverage in insurance provided if it is against the beliefs of the employer. But I think you probably knew that.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:01 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
What the hell is a bulletproof vest going to do for someone who has been shot??
Wow... I'm trying to grasp the two fold stupidness of this response...

#1 - What does a bulletproof vest do for some who has been shot.....

????????????????????

Quote:
If someone gets shot accidently and they don't have insurance and can't pay, the state picks up the hospital bill, you do realize this right???
Only if it was a criminal act... Being shot accidentally during hunting is not..So.... Wrong again.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Poor analogies. Republicans abhor government welfare and then turn around and oppose helping poor women wanting to prevent adding more people, their babies they want to prevent, on the welfare roles. For the government to help provide birth control and in return gets no killed unborn babies plus no new people on the welfare rolls sounds like a damned good deal to me.
If a woman wants to prevent bringing a baby into this world...she will...

You cannot blame this on the attack on planned parenthood..

Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,166,876 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised that you can't grasp your own logic, few can, though I am surprised you agree that your premise consists of monumental stupidity.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
it take integrity to do so. esp since 40% of abortions are AA poor and giving birth means lots of public support for those bearing children.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,305,271 times
Quote:

#1 - What does a bulletproof vest do for some who has been shot.....

????????????????????

Only if it was a criminal act... Being shot accidentally during hunting is not..So.... Wrong again.
So the state only picks up the medical bills for uninsured victims of criminal acts and not accidents?? WTF?

Where did you read this crap, the Blaze?

You've outdone yourself this time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies