Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Oh thank you for the insight. I guess that makes it all good? Actually no it doesn't. But there is a hell of a lot more to that law. Jojajn, let me give you a quick scenario, The captain of the an ambulance company finally had call the GOVT because the ambulance drivers had to sit in the lobby at the ER for hours at a times

One man had a massive heart attack right there in the lobby while the ems tech tried to code him.

Another man brougt in same ER after an hour of waiting he seized on the stretch and died. He hand an aneurysm.That law is very clear that when an ambulance brings a patient in, yes they must be treated, BUT that patient MUST be examined by a Registered Nurse (triage nurse) as soon as they enter the hospital grounds. The initial triage is called a MSE. (medical screening exam)

Ok after i did a 4 month investigation, I found that the hospital was infact letting patients stay with EMS until they get a bed. The hospital believed that until an RN did an exam then they weren't responsible.

The hospitals excuses were "a nurse called in sick, or no beds in the hospital for new patient. Those reasons as good as they sound I could not find that in the law. What I mean is no where in the law does it say: if nurse trixie calls in sick then don't worry about the patient. I am sure you will get to them sooner or later.

This facility was fined 80K for each of the 8 cases I investigated. All the patients had insurance btw.
The one patient who I stated had a massive heart attack had a 99% blockage or the RCA, and 88K of the LAD. This patient had been giving all info known to medicine to have a clean healthy heart in the past.
So the nurses and hospital are to blame for a lifetime of poor eating choices and bad habits by people that give themselves blocked arteries.

You do know how arteries get blocked 99%

McDonald's
Burger King
Taco Bell (my FIL's favorite) still eats it and has had 6 bi passes and a stint. Won't make it to Christmas.
Wendy's
Arby's

Do you know how much Salt, Fat, and undigestable crap is in that crap?

Poor people that don't get their medical care, when they wan't it.

Accountability is a lost concept in America.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM

884 posts, read 716,654 times
Jojain, Finn_Jarber, and triumphantly, let me ask you a simple question. All I want is a Yes or No.

And if so, what type of preventative care would be applied.

Do you consider breast cancer, cervical cancer, and say colon cancer to be life threating diseases?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it looks like someone did not read justice roberts decision.

also, according to the Constitution, protection from force and fraud is what the goverment is suppose to be there for, nothing else.
Maybe you have not read the constitution.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
So the nurses and hospital are to blame for a lifetime of poor eating choices and bad habits by people that give themselves blocked arteries.

You do know how arteries get blocked 99%

McDonald's
Burger King
Taco Bell (my FIL's favorite) still eats it and has had 6 bi passes and a stint. Won't make it to Christmas.
Wendy's
Arby's

Do you know how much Salt, Fat, and undigestable crap is in that crap?

Poor people that don't get their medical care, when they wan't it.

Accountability is a lost concept in America.
You don't know a heck of a lot about ASHD if you think the above.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You don't know a heck of a lot about ASHD if you think the above.
Educate me.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Educate me.
It's a holiday. Try google.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM

Times up.....

Ashd (atherosclerotic heart disease) Prevention

Prevention is the key to managing the risk for coronary artery disease. Other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol contribute to the development of coronary artery disease. These illnesses must be well-managed, in order to minimize the progression of coronary artery disease.

Lifestyle choices that help to prevent coronary artery disease include:
Regular exercise program.
Eat a healthy diet:
Low cholesterol diet.
Low fat diet.
Low salt diet.
Weight loss if you are overweight.
Stop smoking.
Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
Reduce stress.
Avoid using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories if you have had a heart attack before. Studies show an increase risk for heart attack and death in those who do. Ask your doctor for guidance with regard to these medications.
Ashd (atherosclerotic heart disease) Diet

Dietary guidelines to prevent coronary artery disease include:
Limit your intake of fat to 30% of your total calories.
10% to 15% of your total calories should be in the form of monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, canola oil and peanut oil.
Consume only unsaturated fats that are low in cholesterol.
Consume less than 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day.
Consume less than 3,000 mg of salt per day. Consume less than 2,000 mg of salt per day if you have high blood pressure, kidney disease, liver disease or congestive heart failure.
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Avoid red meat.
Avoid fad diets.
Talk to your doctor about B vitamin supplements.
Talk to your doctor about vitamin D supplements.
Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids:
Omega-3's are present in salmon, tuna, and mackerel.
Walnuts and flax seed are also rich in omega3's.
If you don't like fish, your local pharmacy has omega-3 supplements in capsule form.
Omega-3-acid ethyl esters (Lovaza)
Consume more fiber. Sources include:
Fruits
Vegetables
Bran
Barley
Oats
Legumes
Whole grains
Brown rice

Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Times up.....

Ashd (atherosclerotic heart disease) Prevention

Prevention is the key to managing the risk for coronary artery disease. Other conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol contribute to the development of coronary artery disease. These illnesses must be well-managed, in order to minimize the progression of coronary artery disease.

Lifestyle choices that help to prevent coronary artery disease include:
Regular exercise program.
Eat a healthy diet:
Low cholesterol diet.
Low fat diet.
Low salt diet.
Weight loss if you are overweight.
Stop smoking.
Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
Reduce stress.
Avoid using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories if you have had a heart attack before. Studies show an increase risk for heart attack and death in those who do. Ask your doctor for guidance with regard to these medications.
Ashd (atherosclerotic heart disease) Diet

Dietary guidelines to prevent coronary artery disease include:
Limit your intake of fat to 30% of your total calories.
10% to 15% of your total calories should be in the form of monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, canola oil and peanut oil.
Consume only unsaturated fats that are low in cholesterol.
Consume less than 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day.
Consume less than 3,000 mg of salt per day. Consume less than 2,000 mg of salt per day if you have high blood pressure, kidney disease, liver disease or congestive heart failure.
Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Avoid red meat.
Avoid fad diets.
Talk to your doctor about B vitamin supplements.
Talk to your doctor about vitamin D supplements.
Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids:
Omega-3's are present in salmon, tuna, and mackerel.
Walnuts and flax seed are also rich in omega3's.
If you don't like fish, your local pharmacy has omega-3 supplements in capsule form.
Omega-3-acid ethyl esters (Lovaza)
Consume more fiber. Sources include:
Fruits
Vegetables
Bran
Barley
Oats
Legumes
Whole grains
Brown rice
Link? Hint: "Natural News" and their ilk don't count.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 PM

THat's what the American Heart Assoc. says anyway....

Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Link? Hint: "Natural News" and their ilk don't count.
Silly human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies