Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 09:12 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Well, if the topic is about a complete piece of crap, what is the director supposed to do about that?
Oh snap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 01:02 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I saw the movie today (Saturday). It just came to my movie theater yesterday. The movie theater was, I would say, about 70 percent full. It was the first showing of the day. Now, I don't know if it was because it was the first showing of the day (12:30P) but everyone in the theater had to be over 55 years old.

One of the attendees remarked how the theater was full of older people. My first thought was younger people go to later showings but my second thought was everybody in that theater today are likely voters since older people are more reliable for voter turnout. May I ask about the mix of the audience in the theater when others went to see it and was it a matinee or an evening showing?

About the movie itself, I already knew most of what was in it. It was the very end of the movie where it all comes together for what Obama will do in his second term. I wish there was more on that.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What Would America Look Like if Obama is Reelected?

"2016" the movie is going to be released in the summer. It is produced by Gerald R. Molen, the same man that produced Schindler's List and it is based on the novel, "Roots of Obama's Rage", by Dinesh D'Souza.

D'Souza makes some fascinating claims about Obama's vision for America. He argues that his vision is not that of the typical American but rather of an anti-colonial outsider who wishes to realign America with the world. To realign the US, he has to weaken it because that would contribute to global fairness and be the punishment the West deserves for Colonialism.

They really do have excellent drugs for the paranoia... Seems the right could use a lot of it...

Old 08-25-2012, 02:33 PM

876 posts, read 708,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I saw the movie today (Saturday). It just came to my movie theater yesterday. The movie theater was, I would say, about 70 percent full. It was the first showing of the day. Now, I don't know if it was because it was the first showing of the day (12:30P) but everyone in the theater had to be over 55 years old.

One of the attendees remarked how the theater was full of older people. My first thought was younger people go to later showings but my second thought was everybody in that theater today are likely voters since older people are more reliable for voter turnout. May I ask about the mix of the audience in the theater when others went to see it and was it a matinee or an evening showing?

About the movie itself, I already knew most of what was in it. It was the very end of the movie where it all comes together for what Obama will do in his second term. I wish there was more on that.

I went last night at 7:45. The theater was sold out. Most people looked to be middle aged and over and white. Not sure if there was a single black person in the place. However, when I was in the lobby of the theater, I didn't see too many blacks in there going to other movies either. It was a great movie and the 1 1/2 hours went fast. I was not surprised at what I learned about how obama does not believe in the America that most of us do. I was surprised at how a packed theater of older white people started to get very emotional about what they were seeing. People started to call out their opinion, saying things like, "You didn't build that Barack". Or "You don't care about America". That's waht we need. People to be passionate about getting that Communist out of office. People even stayed after to talk to complete strangers about the movie. It was great!

Old 08-25-2012, 02:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I went last night at 7:45. The theater was sold out. Most people looked to be middle aged and over and white. Not sure if there was a single black person in the place. However, when I was in the lobby of the theater, I didn't see too many blacks in there going to other movies either. It was a great movie and the 1 1/2 hours went fast. I was not surprised at what I learned about how obama does not believe in the America that most of us do. I was surprised at how a packed theater of older white people started to get very emotional about what they were seeing. People started to call out their opinion, saying things like, "You didn't build that Barack". Or "You don't care about America". That's waht we need. People to be passionate about getting that Communist out of office. People even stayed after to talk to complete strangers about the movie. It was great!
Kind of sad that our older citizens are paying to gobble up partisan propaganda meant to juice their emotions. Like my 80 year old Stepfather, who was the kindest most generous man, who after a few years of listening to Limbaugh, at my Wedding Dinner told my Mother in Law that someone should assassinate Clinton. Depressing that the older and less educated can be manipulated like this. I would have liked to have known how many in the audience had a college education.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:56 PM

876 posts, read 708,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Kind of sad that our older citizens are paying to gobble up partisan propaganda meant to juice their emotions. Like my 80 year old Stepfather, who was the kindest most generous man, who after a few years of listening to Limbaugh, at my Wedding Dinner told my Mother in Law that someone should assassinate Clinton. Depressing that the older and less educated can be manipulated like this. I would have liked to have known how many in the audience had a college education.

What a judgemental bigot against older people you are! If they want to go see a movie, they have every right! They are not stupid and can make their own choices! I didn't say the people were ANCIENT. They didn't come in with wheelchairs and on oxygen! How ignorant of you to assume that the people in the movie theater are to stupid that they can not think for themselves! They didn't get to where they are in life by listening to a radio announcer. Have some respect for the people who have helped America succeed! At least they care about getting all the information that they can because they care about America, which is more than I can say about your obama. Your bigotry against older people is an echo for the discrimination the liberalist left wing feels for them. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times
Quote:
Your bigotry against older people is an echo for the discrimination the liberalist left wing feels for them. You should be ashamed of yourself!
seahawkgirl, these ''liberalist left wing'' have No shame. If they did...they could not be a ''liberal leftest.''

Old 08-25-2012, 05:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
I just saw it this afternoon. Even for a propaganda movie, it wasn't very good. I had hoped to find it intriguing, inspiring, moving - just something! But no, it was mostly a movie of conspiracy theories and innuendo, including the usual canard about "the Obama media" covering things up. The movie seemed to drag, pieced together without any real direction, jumping from one topic to another.

The theater was about 30% full, and it was clearly an older crowd. I don't think there was anyone there under 40 years old. The audience appeared to be all-white, which was not surprising.

There was an older guy behind me who made several anti-Obama comments out loud during the movie. I heard him say at the end, however, that he was disappointed in it. He thought that the movie would have made a better case to rally middle America. I agree. I thought it would have too.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 08-25-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,861 times
The theaters will be filled with haters and birthers, people who already made up their bigoted minds that President Obama isn't a 'real' American. It will sway no one who is on the line; it will just feed your own hatred and stupidity.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:02 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Passion-

that is the operative word in this election. People WERE passionate about Obama in 2008, as they believed he would be a "different" president and unify the nation. What they received instead was a petty, incompetent, polarizing foor.

People are now PASSIONATE about removing Obama. Look at any larger scale poll that samples representative samples of republicans and democrats and likely voters- Romney is soundly defeating Obama.

The writing is on the wall and Obama is gone; just as it was nearly impossible for McCain to win in 2008, given the animosity toward Bush, it will be nearly impossible for Bo to win, as people are very concerned about the economic future of America and realize that Bo cannot handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies