Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Now stop deflecting, and address the topic of this thread. Do you find something wrong with what Walsh said about Duckworth or no?
I am addressing the topic of this thread. Democrats get their panties in a wad when someone denigrates one of them, but have no problem denigrating others. The completely fake outrage being displayed in this thread is classic liberal hypocrisy in action. Everyone knows Democrats hate the military and everything it stands for, it is certainly no secret. So you can stop pretending to be offended. Nobody is buying into your BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Again he never stated she wasn't a true hero.
He defined a category of "true heroes", then made it clear that she was not in it.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Everyone knows Democrats hate the military and everything it stands for, it is certainly no secret
So - someone who sacrificed two limbs in the the line of duty "hates the military"?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:01 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
I think she has earned the right to talk about her service. Walsh is a loathsome slime ball.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
I am addressing the topic of this thread. Democrats get their panties in a wad when someone denigrates one of them, but have no problem denigrating others. The completely fake outrage being displayed in this thread is classic liberal hypocrisy in action. Everyone knows Democrats hate the military and everything it stands for, it is certainly no secret. So you can stop pretending to be offended. Nobody is buying into your BS.
Presented with factual evidence that shows that your comment,

Quote:
I am surprised he did not pull a Murtha and accuse his opponent of being a mass murderer. Oh yea, I forgot, only Democrats are allowed to denigrate our troops with impunity.
is nothing more than a bald-face lie and you just dig yourself in deeper.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
I am surprised he did not pull a Murtha and accuse his opponent of being a mass murderer. Oh yea, I forgot, only Democrats are allowed to denigrate our troops with impunity.
Ah...let's get our facts straight...

Murtha ( a former Marine) didn't accuse his opponent but instead stated that with regards to the eight Marines who the Marine Corps initially charged with either direct involvement or the cover-up of an alleged massacre of civilians in Hadith;
"There was no firefight, there was no IED (improvised explosive device) that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."
Your argument has about as much in common with the topic as apples and hand grenades.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Anyone who lost two legs while in the service of their country deserves far more respect than Walsh is showing this woman and it doesn't matter if she talked about 24/7. She and other veterans who lost limbs paid a price than few of us can understand.

We should have their backs.

Not sure this man (Walsh) understands how that works.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
You guys are being too hard on Walsh. He could not serve in the military because he was too busy NOT paying child support.

Rep. Joe Walsh owes $117,000 in child support, suit says - Chicago Tribune

This guy is a scumbag. Clear and simple. I don't care what party that he is in. Who in the hell would vote for this dude.

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Oh wow, I could replace every "Democrat" in your sentence with "Republican" and "liberal" with "Conservative" and it would make sense. I guess you forget about the Democrats that have served. My father, both of my grandfathers and my only two first cousins served in the military. All of them are/were Democrats. The only one that says BS like that is right wingers. Every Democrat knows that simply isn't true and the Democrats in the military know even better. Do you evern know any Democrats? Have you ever had a conversation with on outside of the internet or do you just get your info from RWNJ radio hosts, bloggers and Fox News?

1,001 posts, read 1,990,056 times
Typical CHICKEN HAWK REPUBLICAN. He talks tough all the time but Walsh is nothing more than an empty suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies