Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Its not racist. See obviously you don't understand what he means. The south respected states rights the US still doesn't. Got it now?
Yea, that was the problem. A state's right to do what exactly?

Oh yea...separate water fountains, hangings, separate bathrooms, segregated lunch counters, politicians and Klan members being one and the same, firebombing black churches, separate swimming pools,, etc, etc..

Yea...states rights. Right.

When guys (from Michigan no less) start saying things like "i wish the South had won the war," it's pretty damn clear what that's code for.

"WE NEED TO PUT THEM NEGROES BACK IN THEIR PLACE."

Oops...did i say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He's not my hero, hero's are for those who need comfort............
OK, then he must be your Teddy bear. Your impassioned defense and denial aren't the stuff of casual interest.

Quote:
All I asked for was the "original interview" from High Times, not and High Times said this off someones blog........ if someone can provide the interview from the magazine then I'll believe it.
Google is your friend. Although a 1977 article was pre-internet. And your belief won't change the reality of Nugent's sleazy behavior.

Quote:
Until then enjoy praising your hero Clinton who did the same thing avoided the draft.
The only mention of Clinton in this thread is coming from you.

Quote:
Seems somewhat strange this interview can't be found, it's just the drooling left that keeps repeating the lie.
Here's one you may want to skim through.

Ted Nugent - Campus Progress

Enjoy.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Lightbulb Ted Nugent savages health care ruling

The Nuge...

Sounding off on health care?

Ya just gotta admire these right wing uberpatriots who are so gung-ho these days to send other folks' childrren off to unwinnable wars that are fought for coporate profits. Especially when you learn of the disgusting lengths they went to in order to avoid military service in their own time.

Teddy is far from alone in his chickenhawkery. I can't think of a single Republican in a leadership role who has any military service in his background. Boehner, McConnell, Cantor - none of them served. Both Boehner and McConnell were prime service age during the Vietnam war, but somehow managed to stay safe at home. And none of the popular fire-breathing right wing radio warriors have even a single day of service in their collective histories: Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Weiner-Savage.

Ted Nugent: Flight of the Chicken Hawks

My question is this: why would anyone with two or more functioning brain cells give a hoot about what Nugent "thinks" (if you can call it that) on health care? He obviously is a "me first" kind of guy who'd jump into the lifeboat ahead of women and children.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:08 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh goodness first Brad Pitt's mother and now Ted Nugent. Clearly something must be wrong if such renown authorities on public policy crawl from under their respective rocks and decide to weigh add their esteemed opinions to the public debate.

Thank you so much Mr. CouponDad for revealing the intellectual inspirations for your well formed opinions. I would rep you but for some reason my fingers just won't allow it.
At least liberals have first rate actors promoting their causes, the righties have 2nd rate has beens and relatives of celebrities.

Can't get more pathetic, who is next, gopher from the Love Boat

Old 07-07-2012, 07:16 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The truth about your hero-boy is very ugly.

But you can always hide in denial.
Lol, hes got a word for word transcription of the article, but that's not good enuf. Like someone would invent something different from what the 1977 article says.

There is a Oct 1977, issue #26, High Times on eBay for $9.99 if someone needs to see the original text, I don't.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:21 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At least liberals have first rate actors promoting their causes, the righties have 2nd rate has beens and relatives of celebrities.

Can't get more pathetic, who is next, gopher from the Love Boat

I find this part hysterical. The righties on this board, thread after thread, are disgusted by "Hollywood" traditionally going to bat for the Dems. Yet, that get a few grade C, has-been "celebrities" to speak out on the right's side and they are salivating. Hypocrite? Jealous? Both?

So, what is it? Is it okay to have Hollywood/entertainers or is it not?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I find this part hysterical. The righties on this board, thread after thread, are disgusted by "Hollywood" traditionally going to bat for the Dems. Yet, that get a few grade C, has-been "celebrities" to speak out on the right's side and they are salivating. Hypocrite? Jealous? Both?

So, what is it? Is it okay to have Hollywood/entertainers or is it not?
The god of the righties is Ronald Regan, a b list hollyweird actor.

I guess righties are against A list hollywood celebrities but not against second rate celebrities.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Its not racist. See obviously you don't understand what he means. The south respected states rights<snip>
And wanted the right to keep slaves didn't they?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, that was the problem. A state's right to do what exactly?

Oh yea...separate water fountains, hangings, separate bathrooms, segregated lunch counters, politicians and Klan members being one and the same, firebombing black churches, separate swimming pools,, etc, etc..

Yea...states rights. Right.

When guys (from Michigan no less) start saying things like "i wish the South had won the war," it's pretty damn clear what that's code for.

"WE NEED TO PUT THEM NEGROES BACK IN THEIR PLACE."

Oops...did i say that?
Guess, the war really hasn't ended over there, and they wonder why people like the "WEST" side of the states better.............

Old 07-07-2012, 09:06 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,376,792 times
Is there any truth to the rumor that Ted Nugent and Pat Boone will be teaming up for a singing/political duet in Vegas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies