Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm sorry, if you can't understand what PROPORTION and PERCENTAGES are then you are dead in the water. I would submit "quantum physics" will be a struggle for you.

FACT is that white people marry out at about 10%. Men and women. Hispanics marry out at about 25%.

These numbers come straight from the census bureau, not out of your rear-end. I repeat:

◾Gender patterns in intermarriage vary widely. Some 22% of all black male newlyweds in 2008 married outside their race, compared with just 9% of black female newlyweds. Among Asians, the gender pattern runs the other way. Some 40% of Asian female newlyweds married outside their race in 2008, compared with just 20% of Asian male newlyweds. Among whites and Hispanics, by contrast, there are no gender differences in intermarriage rates.

One-in-Seven New U.S. Marriages is Interracial or Interethnic | Pew Research Center

Now, in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot more white people in sheer numbers. Which means that if just 10% of white folks marry out, you're going to see a lot more interracial couples involving white folks.

Frankly, I can't find these "Naral birthrate" statistics you cite. In fact, the only cite that I found was actually a post FROM YOU, on this board, in which you make such fascinating conjecture as:

"White men are seen as the least attractive among all races."

There's some major inferiority complex stuff going on with you, and it really isn't pretty. You're trying to race bait men who bristle at their women marrying or dating men of other races, while they usually have no problem with men of their same ethnicity or race dating women of other races.

But again, your assumptions just aren't bearing out the experiences of most people in this country. In fact, look on any thread about interracial dating - in both the straight and gay world - and all you will see if whining from minorities interested in interracial dating that white folks are racist towards them in choice of partner.

How race matters in romance: Dating app reveals most men fancy Asian women while majority of females prefer white men

Online dating app reveals how race matters in romance | Mail Online

Women Are Racist

I see two potential problems:

1) Your conflating of all out marriages as "interracial" (where Hispanic is not a race, but considered an inter-ethnic marriage unless the underlying races are different);

3) A problem with your statistics.

Interracial Marriage: The Changing Face Of Seeing Race : NPR

Your "experiences in the Southwest US" do not trump actual, verifiable statistics.

Well guy, wonder no longer why you see less white men marrying Mexicans than the other way around. White men can pick and choose whatever partners they want, and wish to maintain privilege and wealth for their children. They have complete control in the dating pool, and when they marry interracially, they most often go for Asian women. Some point to the perceived social risk still present in America, associated with marrying out or below ones economic station for white men.

Given that white men actually have higher rates of marriage than white women, though, you shouldn't worry your little head about white men's prospects.

Though again, my own brother married a Mexican girl, and I would hesitate to call theirs really an "interracial" marriage. It's such a non-issue because it means nothing except that they had to get married in some bizarre Pentacostal Hispanic church. What their children choose to identify with will likely be interesting. But, it's not really going to matter at all in the long run.
Agreed. Some people DON'T like the truth like you said. It makes them feel small inside, real small.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:38 PM

366 posts, read 645,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm sorry, if you can't understand what PROPORTION and PERCENTAGES are then you are dead in the water. I would submit "quantum physics" will be a struggle for you.

FACT is that white people marry out at about 10%. Men and women. Hispanics marry out at about 25%.

These numbers come straight from the census bureau, not out of your rear-end. I repeat:

◾Gender patterns in intermarriage vary widely. Some 22% of all black male newlyweds in 2008 married outside their race, compared with just 9% of black female newlyweds. Among Asians, the gender pattern runs the other way. Some 40% of Asian female newlyweds married outside their race in 2008, compared with just 20% of Asian male newlyweds. Among whites and Hispanics, by contrast, there are no gender differences in intermarriage rates.

One-in-Seven New U.S. Marriages is Interracial or Interethnic | Pew Research Center

Now, in case you haven't noticed, there are a lot more white people in sheer numbers. Which means that if just 10% of white folks marry out, you're going to see a lot more interracial couples involving white folks.

Frankly, I can't find these "Naral birthrate" statistics you cite. In fact, the only cite that I found was actually a post FROM YOU, on this board, in which you make such fascinating conjecture as:

"White men are seen as the least attractive among all races."

There's some major inferiority complex stuff going on with you, and it really isn't pretty. You're trying to race bait men who bristle at their women marrying or dating men of other races, while they usually have no problem with men of their same ethnicity or race dating women of other races.

But again, your assumptions just aren't bearing out the experiences of most people in this country. In fact, look on any thread about interracial dating - in both the straight and gay world - and all you will see if whining from minorities interested in interracial dating that white folks are racist towards them in choice of partner.

How race matters in romance: Dating app reveals most men fancy Asian women while majority of females prefer white men

Online dating app reveals how race matters in romance | Mail Online

Women Are Racist

I see two potential problems:

1) Your conflating of all out marriages as "interracial" (where Hispanic is not a race, but considered an inter-ethnic marriage unless the underlying races are different);

3) A problem with your statistics.

Interracial Marriage: The Changing Face Of Seeing Race : NPR

Your "experiences in the Southwest US" do not trump actual, verifiable statistics.

Well guy, wonder no longer why you see less white men marrying Mexicans than the other way around. White men can pick and choose whatever partners they want, and wish to maintain privilege and wealth for their children. They have complete control in the dating pool, and when they marry interracially, they most often go for Asian women. Some point to the perceived social risk still present in America, associated with marrying out or below ones economic station for white men.

Given that white men actually have higher rates of marriage than white women, though, you shouldn't worry your little head about white men's prospects.

Though again, my own brother married a Mexican girl, and I would hesitate to call theirs really an "interracial" marriage. It's such a non-issue because it means nothing except that they had to get married in some bizarre Pentacostal Hispanic church. What their children choose to identify with will likely be interesting. But, it's not really going to matter at all in the long run.
Personally, I look racially ambiguous. Italian, Hawaiian, Spaniard. IMHO, the percentages of Mexicans I knew who also did was high. I'm having trouble posting links since I'm traveling and had a mishap with comp and galaxy is really hard to type on. Auto spell suckx.

Yes I understand proportions, ratios, percentages. Naral 2010 live birth stats I posted are valid. Assume they are until you prove they aren't.

I noticed you quoted the cosmic race. You also read between my lines and saw where it was headed. Your previous link, on what people prefer in interracial dating, is theory, which you know must be proven by fact. Live births are facts related to my theory. Which you started clearly. But we can discuss The cosmic race, Iberian features having appeal across race and why this benefits vasconsuelos enigma, another time, when I'm near an actual computer.

I'm glad you're an optimist on the future outcome of mestizo assimilation, in a peaceful manner. I am not, and I believe our identity is being shaped now in cartel war 1. Another time....by the way besides the indirect insult you stated your belief clearly.o

Obviously, since you know my belief, I can't openly say so on this forum Without banishment.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 PM

1.8 Milly white men mixed marriages. 80 Milly white men total.

1.1_1.3 Milly hispanic men interracial marriages.
25 Milly hispanic men.

Since you like proportions, I'll let you have the ratio.But I guess I'll have to address the thinking that hispanic is not a race and that Mexican culture, is Spanish culture, before you'll consider the reasons for this mixing.

Cosmic also speaks about why these proportions are out of whack.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Seems to me that Cubans are more in tune with 'traditional' American virtues than other Hispanics. There seems to me more of a focus on education and achievement, as opposed to Mexcians or Puerto Ricans for example. I've found that Cubans will focus on long term achievement for their kids, where as Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in America see their kids more as a family contributor who can supplement household income as they reach teen years. Are the Cubans at the top of the Hispanic pecking order?
I suspect that the descendants of hispanics who were here before this land was part of the U.S are the most assimilated...

Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
1.8 Milly white men mixed marriages. 80 Milly white men total.

1.1_1.3 Milly hispanic men interracial marriages.
25 Milly hispanic men.

Since you like proportions, I'll let you have the ratio.But I guess I'll have to address the thinking that hispanic is not a race and that Mexican culture, is Spanish culture, before you'll consider the reasons for this mixing.

Cosmic also speaks about why these proportions are out of whack.
"Hispanic" is NOT a race. Tho most people, including some ignorant groups like the MSM and the US government keep pushing that lie since most "Hispanics" in the US are really Mestizo. OTOH: anglo white and American Indian mixed people ain't counted as Mestizo but def look it.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Hispanic" is NOT a race. Tho most people, including some ignorant groups like the MSM and the US government keep pushing that lie since most "Hispanics" in the US are really Mestizo. OTOH: anglo white and American Indian mixed people ain't counted as Mestizo but def look it.
https://www.census.gov/population/hi...about/faq.html

Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Do some digging it will be good for you.

Fact: mestizos accounted for the majority of mixed race births and marriages. In fact whites only mixed with this group in USA.

Fact: whites only married out with mestizos in the American Southwest, whites rarely married out in any other US region.

Fact: mestizo men, in absolute terms had the highest outmixing of any group, by far. Without mestizos in USA America would have very little mixing as a whole.

Fact: mestizos had 5x as many outmarriages, as blacks, 3x as many as Asians, and percentage wise only whites married out in absolute most terms due to 5x the amount of people.
Fact: mestizo males have proportion wise a way bigger share of mixing then do white males.

Fact: the largest groups to mix interracially are mestizos and white females. In absolute terms 1.1_1.3 million of these marriages exist. This is not counting, out of marriage births.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Do some digging it will be good for you.

Fact: mestizos accounted for the majority of mixed race births and marriages. In fact whites only mixed with this group in USA.

Fact: whites only married out with mestizos in the American Southwest, whites rarely married out in any other US region.

Fact: mestizo men, in absolute terms had the highest outmixing of any group, by far. Without mestizos in USA America would have very little mixing as a whole.

Fact: mestizos had 5x as many outmarriages, as blacks, 3x as many as Asians, and percentage wise only whites married out in absolute most terms due to 5x the amount of people.
Fact: mestizo males have proportion wise a way bigger share of mixing then do white males.

Fact: the largest groups to mix interracially are mestizos and white females. In absolute terms 1.1_1.3 million of these marriages exist. This is not counting, out of marriage births.
Then MOST kids of Mestizo and anglo white couples would be "white" since a Mestizo is already half or more white. Like I said: "Hispanic" ain't a race. Leander Perez was a white man of Spanish family and he was a pal of Bull Connor back when Jim Crow was the law in the South.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Then MOST kids of Mestizo and anglo white couples would be "white" since a Mestizo is already half or more white. Like I said: "Hispanic" ain't a race. Leander Perez was a white man of Spanish family and he was a pal of Bull Connor back when Jim Crow was the law in the South.
Not so. Most identify with being Mexican, latino even when they look white. That's obviously only am opinion but one I've seen countless times. Most white, mestizo mix females also seem to prefer mestizo darker men.

This isn't no lie but obviously I can only speak for socal ( 1 in 4 interracial marriages are in California, 67% involve mestizos/whites)

Also, stats wise, what's been proven about these couples. When white men marry mestizo females, they are economically, less viable. In my opinion, most the white males I've seen with latinas, are with immigrant latinas, who don't speak English.

Meanwhile, when I've seen white females, with mestizos, they are usually very attractive and with an American born latino. The stats also prove the white female/ male latino mixes are also upwards in economics.

I don't want to sound bias man but latinas who marry white guys are generally unattractive, while white females who marry latino men are generally attractive.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:56 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:

I don't want to sound bias man but latinas who marry white guys are generally unattractive, while white females who marry latino men are generally attractive.
I've noticed that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies