Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
I don't think most people are just like you in that regard.
What, most people are not middle class workers? Are you saying more people are in high finance, making several million dollar deals before lunch?
I think I know where you are coming from. I am guessing that as long as you can make a commission you will, within the law, over-sell any property. You might, without technically breaking any law, manipulate buyers and sellers for the sole reason of turning as much profit as you can. Ever nudge a first time home buyer in a poor direction for your profit? Ever change the slogan from 'location, location, location' to schools, crime and shopping?
No need to answer those questions as they were rhetorical.
I acknowledged my unfamiliarity with the vulture/venture titles. I have read and reread your explanations/opinions and and have the very same opinion as I had when I first responded to your post. In fact, all you have done is reinforce my opinions about the ethics of Bain and Romney. For that I guess I owe you thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
What, most people are not middle class workers? Are you saying more people are in high finance, making several million dollar deals before lunch?
I think I know where you are coming from. I am guessing that as long as you can make a commission you will, within the law, over-sell any property. You might, without technically breaking any law, manipulate buyers and sellers for the sole reason of turning as much profit as you can. Ever nudge a first time home buyer in a poor direction for your profit? Ever change the slogan from 'location, location, location' to schools, crime and shopping?
I acknowledged my unfamiliarity with the vulture/venture titles. I have read and reread your explanations/opinions and and have the very same opinion as I had when I first responded to your post. In fact, all you have done is reinforce my opinions about the ethics of Bain and Romney. For that I guess I owe you thanx.
I don't think your way of thinking represents most of the middle class. I am probably somewhere in the lower middle class myself and I don't think that way. Though I am not rich, I do not have rich envy as you do and I don't see anything unethical in what Bain did. Keep envying the rich guys. It's a sure way to make sure you never have any money yourself. You will always have to sponge off of your neighbor for beer and use of a pool rather than buying your own.

You questions are accusing me of being unethical in business practices and hardly rhetorical. No, I have never hurt a client. First of all because it would bother my conscience and second because my business is word of mouth and it would hurt me professionally.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I don't think your way of thinking represents most of the middle class.
Where did that come from? I never said people think like me, no where. I said I was in the middle class, as the majority is.
But we finally did get somewhere. You think ethics and legal are not one in the same. One can be legal and unethical all at the same time. Our difference is with what is and what isn't. And that is fine, it is what makes this place so interesting. That gray area can be wide or narrow.

And for the record, me and my neighbor were pool side earlier. My pool. And he would still be here drinking my beer if the rain had not chased him home. Ain't America grand?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Should doctors get paid for what they do? It is by the demise of others, right? Is it wrong for me to list a short sale or sell an REO? The demise of others is in that too. I still say you just don't like someone to make a lot of money and will find something wrong with it no matter what. Car repair should be free too for that matter, right?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Should doctors get paid for what they do? It is by the demise of others, right? Is it wrong for me to list a short sale or sell an REO?
Doctors perform a service. You might remember me mentioning that. I am not so sure if you are providing a service or not. Properties sell all the time without realtor involvement (I have done it once, and three times with a realtor on both sides), but I would guess there is a service in there somewhere.

Quote:
I still say you just don't like someone to make a lot of money and will find something wrong with it no matter what.
This is what it is all about to you. Class envy. My line separating what I think is right and wrong is different than yours and all you got is class envy? Under those pretenses I should be boiling mad. But the truth is, I do not inspire to be rich. I am comfortable and make a decent living. I do not begrudge the wealthy. I do however dislike actions I think are unethical.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:07 AM

52 posts, read 135,117 times
It's been like this since the beginning of civilization.

Times change, but human nature doesn't change.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Life ain't fair. Some people are born prettier, some smarter, some with more money. Diversity is a good thing.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 AM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Because;

- Rich people work harder

- Rich people reply to phone calls faster

- Rich people answer/reply emails faster

- Rich people tend to excercise more to stay healthier and spend less money on health care since they know that if they don't live healthy it will cost them more money.

- Rich people eat healthier to stay healthier to save cost.

- Rich people waste less money on late fees, and other fees that cost them money. Pay bills on time.

- Rich people tend to compare prices before buying items to save money.

Poor people overall don't do what is written above.

If poor people would try to do the same than they will end up with more money!
I do all these things, guess I must be rich

Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
California-jewel----Another wonderful post; more please!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
I absolutely agree with the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
It's because they are lazy, stupid or both. The poor have no excuse.
Not necessarily. Some are just afraid of taking risks. My parents tried to start a business a few years back, and it didn't work; we lost a good amount of money and would be (though we don't look at it this way) considered poor. They are trying again, going about it a different way, hopefully it works. Point: if you are willing to take risks, you have a chance at succeeding, if you aren't you have almost no chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies