Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,221,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Maybe you don't remember how hard they were fighting to get those last few votes. I just don't believe they were told that the administration was fine with them not voting for the bill.
You just need to win by one vote--it happens all the time. The Senate was the huge fight, because they needed every single person to get to the 60 vote super majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM

884 posts, read 717,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
33rd time they've voted on a measure to repeal a part, or the whole thing. How about focusing on the economy.
Good point, because we know Obama isn't

Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,221,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
I pay taxes as well so get off your high horse already. Oh and I don't post on here 24/7 I am on and off here maybe 2 hours a day...I have a wife and kids to take care of. Oh and there are several different variations of disabled. I can walk around my limbs all work etc...I will be back to work within a year or 2 and continue paying my portion of taxes to take care of my insurance.
Really? You posted 49 times yesterday starting at about 9 am with a little break for lunch, and continuing on until after 10 last night--I didn't bother looking past yesterday. You're well on the way to doing the same thing today. Telling lies has a way of coming back to bite you where it hurts. Paying taxes and getting free medical care is not the same thing as buying insurance like the rest of us. For the rest of us who really do have to pay for our medical care, something has to be done to control costs because the current system that you seem to be so in love with isn't working. And for the record, the medicaid you receive is NOT, in your words, getting the government out of health care. For all but the poor, the AFC works largely through private insurers vs. creating another huge national insurance program like medicaid.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I haven't either but I am fine with how things are now. I don't pay for insurance and I never will. I think a great start for an alternative is to simply get government out of healthcare as with everything else.
Wow. I supose I would be fine with the way things are now too if I let everyone else pay for my insurance.

One post you state you NEVER have and NEVER will pay for insurance. Then on your next post you state you might be back to work in a year or two, and that the taxes you pay will cover your insurance. Yeah ok. So which is it? And pluzzz can I have the some of that insurance you have? You know, great coverage , don't pay a dime......Nice...............

Old 07-12-2012, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I know that Harry Reid doesn't like bi-partisanship but for some reason he seems to be afraid of allowing a vote in the Senate about the bills like this one. He has tabled over 30 House bills about jobs, too. Useless is a man who doesn't have the guts to take a chance on doing business in Congress as the Constitution calls for.
he tabled them because they always included provisions to get rid of Obamacare. If republicans in the house would actually put a jobs bill forward that wasn't a joke, then maybe they would get somewhere, but thats alot to ask of those idiots.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Good point, because we know Obama isn't
Sorry but at least Obama is trying unlike republicans in the house. Remember the house republican leader who said " our number one goal is to make Obama a one term president".

Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sorry but at least Obama is trying unlike republicans in the house. Remember the house republican leader who said " our number one goal is to make Obama a one term president".
Ok ill bite. Please tell me what Obuma is doing? Ok, still waiting..

Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Ok ill bite. Please tell me what Obuma is doing? Ok, still waiting..
Ok I'll bite, please tell me what house republicans are doing to help Americans? I'll be waiting.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,945,939 times
Quote:
Five Democrats side with Republicans to repeal Obamacare | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Ruh roh! Maybe we can get lucky and get a few democrats to side with republicans in the senate as well. If not there is always after November and they take back the senate I suppose....gonna have to have a good result bc Obama isn't going to sign it and it will need to over ride his veto.I like what the states are trying to do about it nullify the whole thing.
Maybe speech lessons to talk less like Scooby Doo and reading the original vote how many defectors it had would be a good thing for you! I'll give you a Scooby snack if you post fewer counterproductive threads

Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM

38,096 posts, read 22,246,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, it's wasted because nothing has changed since the 32nd time they wasted time voting to repeal it. We get it, they don't like it! How about they move on and try to tackle some of the other problems facing the country, like, say, jobs? Come on, 33 repetitive votes on the same issue, when they know that it will accomplish nothing? Is there NOTHING ELSE that needs attention?
I think that the difference this time around, is 0bamaCare is now officially a tax, and it being an election year, that the repubs thought the vote might have gone differently. Either way, Reid will refuse to let the bill come to a vote for the 33rd time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies