Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:20 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well here's a thought maybe you can get your people to raise their kids correctly, so we all are not profiled? Notice how Asian kids aren't profiled as being violent thugs?
Asian kids aren't shown in the media as "violent thugs."

Old 10-17-2014, 02:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Asian kids aren't shown in the media as "violent thugs."
Asian kids have a fraction of the violent crime rate of both Blacks and Whites. Ignore facts if you like or better yet blame the media!

Old 10-17-2014, 02:26 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Asian kids have a fraction of the violent crime rate of both Blacks and Whites. Ignore facts if you like or better yet blame the media!
That isn't the point.

Are most Asian kids "violent thugs?" No.
Are most White kids "violent thugs?" No.
Are most Black kids "violent thugs?" No.

The percentage of black kids is the highest but it is still the overwhelming minority. The difference is.. the media profits off the thug black kid character. White fear is based on historical dissatisfaction with the civil rights movement. White fear of black people sells. White fear of Asians doesn't.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:31 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That isn't the point.

Are most Asian kids "violent thugs?" No.
Are most White kids "violent thugs?" No.
Are most Black kids "violent thugs?" No.

The percentage of black kids is the highest but it is still the overwhelming minority. The difference is.. the media profits off the thug black kid character. White fear is based on historical dissatisfaction with the civil rights movement. White fear of black people sells. White fear of Asians doesn't.
The ones profiting the most off of the thug character are rappers. They are also feeding the cycle of kids trying to emulate their idols.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:18 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Well here's a thought maybe you can get your people to raise their kids correctly, so we all are not profiled? Notice how Asian kids aren't profiled as being violent thugs?
1) I don't have any kids.

2) There are many Black parents raising their kids correctly and they aren't turning out to be criminals. They cannot control what ignorant hood rats do. What do you have to say about the Blacks who are doing their jobs, raising their kids right and their kids being good citizens? What do you have to say to them?

3) I asked you a question. I asked if you were willing to endure, as a Black man, being profiled and contained? Just answer it in that context. Don't add anything extra into. Just answer the question, yes or no.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
No one is ignoring facts. What people are more concerned about is this: what about the individual?

I care more about what happens to me. I am not advocating profiling and containment because I know it will be done to me as a Black man. I look out for me, myself and I. I don't expect anyone else to.

Now, you have not answered this question. You advocate Blacks being profiled and contained. You are also Black. Are you willing to endure the things that you advocate for? Yes or No.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
I treat a hood rat like the scum that they are.

I treat a hard working man with all the dignity and respect in the world.

Regardless of skin color.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The ones profiting the most off of the thug character are rappers. They are also feeding the cycle of kids trying to emulate their idols.
And the bigger irony is this. The rappers aren't even getting the biggest profit. The producers and CEOs of these record companies are the ones getting the richest off of it. The ones who don't live that lifestyle get the most money from promoting it. And much of those persons aren't Black. The persons who buy the music in the largest numbers are often young Whites.

The persons who get hurt the most are decent, hardworking Blacks who just want to live their lives like anyone else. The Black middle class(or even the working class) is the most ignored segment of the Black population. Underclass types and hood rat wannabes get alot more attention, for wrong reasons.

It's a catch 22. If you act like a hood rat, you will get all kinds of attention, albeit negative. If you act like a normal person, you get ignored, and being ignored can often mean being lumped in with hood rats simply because of shared ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies