Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,755,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Obama is not responsible for any of this since it is the Congress that pretty much decides all of the laws associated with these issues. Obama is a witless wonder, but so is Congress (have you ever heard them talk on TV?), and Romney is merely a device to make the rich oligarchy richer. It is pretty pathetic but to blame Obama gives him serious credit for doing something that he has no power over and even if he did, he wouldn't know how to wield it.
So you are saying he is a goof. Why re elect him then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 04:39 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He implemented Romneycare.

He isn't a really rich jerk who sent American jobs offshore, spends more on a pet horse than most Americans make in a month and has no speaking skills.

I'll hold my nose but I'd sooner eat dirt than vote for Willard and His Nine Million Dollar Beach House.
Like the Obamas are not multi-millionaires!! The Obamas have nothing in common with you, and are just as arrogant as the next multi-millionaire. Don't kid yourself.

At least "Willard" made his in business, not by writing some lame-ass books and being installed as President by the likes of Soros, Mikey Moore, and their minions.

Give me a successful businessman over a community organizer every time. At least Romney has a track record and has had held real jobs.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I'll hold my nose but I'd sooner eat dirt than vote for Willard and His Nine Million Dollar Beach House.
Eleanora, I bet Obama's dog gets better treatment than you do.

If a Kennedy was running for office, would you NOT vote for him because of his mansion in Massachusetts?

You've got it all wrong.

Vote for Obama and you will be eating dirt. Hope you like it.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
I think as Amemricans, we have gotten dupped, by Both sides. One is this, the other is that. Some think one is better, while others feel, the other side is better.

I feel as Americans, when the two sides can't set aside their partisian ways, and play their own games, that sucks for America. It really sucks for America now, that we have become the Welfare Nation.

Some feel that all that Obama is about right now, and his gay issue stance, and health care stance, and this and that, we are no closer to being a better moving along forward economy. We are at a stand still, and have been at this point now for way too long.

He is too bitter, and has to play his put the other guy down game, instead of coming up with his own solutions. Has to blame others, and poke fun at his opponet. Anything to take the heat off of himself. Truth his hiself, is a big freaking mess.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,089,490 times
Reelect him only if we can impeach and imprison him!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,841,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Good point. Probably unlikely though, considering the distraction of all the tingling going on.

See, the point is, that Obama doesn't stand for anything right now.

He is only running on "a promise to raise taxes" and class warfare.

Who the Hell wants that kind of President?
Certainly not Osama Bin Ladin.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,468,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
Why do so many of these "I'm obviously politically biased and willing to bash someone without respect for reality or context" threads pop up?

America elected an epic failure? How so? Because a President cannot control gasoline prices? No President has power over the prices we pay at the pump. Those are set by a combination of global oil prices, refining and transportation costs, regulations, and rules set by the oil companies themselves.
gasoline prices????

No, Obama is a failure for-
Not even responding to any of those points, the OP was linking to a page about Obama's "failure" to control gas prices. Attacking Obama for anything else should be reserved for any of the thousands of threads for any one of those points.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Romney is merely a device to make the rich oligarchy richer.
Good.

And a device to make the Middle Class richer too.

How's 8.5% unemployment under Obama working out for you and your community?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,049,449 times
This time it did suck, because we did get a rather moderate Democrat, however, CLinton was pretty good for America.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,841,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Wow,

All that sucks.
I never thought I'd see somone say the Iraq war was a good thing. That's not hilarious, although it is on its face. It is, however, intensely frightening.

I worked on a base where one man had his hand blown off and a few days later a 22 year old junior officer was working one second, and the next was in a 20' building that lookied like a burning rose. A 20' tall burning rose. He was in the center of it. They said the concussion from the rocket probably killed him before he burned to death.

Probably.

So go ahead, and say ending the war was a "sucks" thing. It doesn't make you look intelligent. It makes you look like a psychopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies