Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:05 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,471,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
America elected an epic failure.

Obama Admits White House Failure to Control Fuel Prices | THE TRUTH IS NOW.COM

Why in the Hell should this man be re-elected, and why was he elected in the first place?

If you accuse Bush - you will immediately be discounted as someone who is not credible enough to make responsible decisions concerning this country.

Re-electing Obama would be bad for the United States Of America.
Why do so many of these "I'm obviously politically biased and willing to bash someone without respect for reality or context" threads pop up?

America elected an epic failure? How so? Because a President cannot control gasoline prices? No President has power over the prices we pay at the pump. Those are set by a combination of global oil prices, refining and transportation costs, regulations, and rules set by the oil companies themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,429,277 times
You're right. This thread has totally changed my mind.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,489,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
Why do so many of these "I'm obviously politically biased and willing to bash someone without respect for reality or context" threads pop up?

America elected an epic failure? How so? Because a President cannot control gasoline prices? No President has power over the prices we pay at the pump. Those are set by a combination of global oil prices, refining and transportation costs, regulations, and rules set by the oil companies themselves.

If you think that Americans base their vote solely on the price of gas - then you still have a lot to learn.

Is that the best you can do to defend Obama?

What's the unemployment rate?

Or do you only know the price of a gallon of gas in your area?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:26 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,471,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If you think that Americans base their vote solely on the price of gas - then you still have a lot to learn.

Is that the best you can do to defend Obama?

What's the unemployment rate?

Or do you only know the price of a gallon of gas in your area?
Your link was about the price of gas, which leads anyone to the conclusion that's the topic your on about, not the unemployment rate. Bringing up the unemployment rate is a diversionary tactic.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
[quote=darkeconomist;25158399]Why do so many of these "I'm obviously politically biased and willing to bash someone without respect for reality or context" threads pop up?

America elected an epic failure? How so? Because a President cannot control gasoline prices? No President has power over the prices we pay at the pump. Those are set by a combination of global oil prices, refining and transportation costs, regulations, and rules set by the oil companies themselves.[/QU

gasoline prices????

No, Obama is a failure for-

1. $1 trillion failed stimulus. He should have used tax cuts, rather than payments to cronies to stimulate the economy.

2. 8.2% unemployment-
a. Obamacare uncertainty and taxes increases business expenses and cuts down new hires
b. Obama supports illegals, which drive down US wages and take US jobs
c. Obama opposes domestic oil, coal and gas exploration, which would create jobs
d. Obama opposes corporate tax cuts, which would attract new business to the US
e. Obama empowers the EPA to impose business restrictions, which reduces jobs
f. Obama opposes renegotiation of China most favored nation trade status and NAFTA

3. Debt- Obama is responsible for $6 trillion in new debt

4. Deficits- Obama spends over $1.3 trillion per year, but has failed to create a budget

5. Immigration- Obama just granted back door amnesty to the children of illegals by refusing to enforce federal law. This increases tax burdens on US citizens, lowers US wages and the standard of living in the US.

6. Taxes- Obama has just created the largest tax increase in US history

7. Foreign policy- Obama has installed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Libya. Obama has failed to curtail the war in Afghanistan. Bush won the Iraq War, which Obama took credit for. Obama is currently negotiating a "power of the seas" treaty which abdicates the sovereignty of the US to foreign powers.

8. Scandals-
a. Fast and Furious
b. Reznik
c. Black Panthers
d. dubious citizenship
e. manipulating US senate elections with bribes
f. suing Arizona over enforcing US immigration law
g. failure to act in Gulf Oil Spill
h. pandering to leftists by banning Keystone pipeline

There you go- Let's vote. Bo loses BIG in November. The polls oversample democratic registered voters and sample registered voters, not likely voters. In spite of this, Romney and Bo are "tied".

a. Independents have left Bo
b. Supreme Court ruling "energized" the right and secured independents for Romney
c. youth interest has decreased
d. minority interest has decreased.

Let's face it. There is 40% of the voters who would vote for Obama if he robbed a bank, blew up the new World Trade Center, or was committed to a mental institution. There is NOTHING that Obama could, or could not do, to change thier vote.

40% of voters will NEVER vote for Obama. The independents have ABANDONED Obama, due to his gross mismanagement of the economy and debt.

Bo loses Big. If Romney messes up to the extent Bo did, he will be gone in four years as well.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,029 times
He implemented Romneycare.

He isn't a really rich jerk who sent American jobs offshore, spends more on a pet horse than most Americans make in a month and has no speaking skills.

I'll hold my nose but I'd sooner eat dirt than vote for Willard and His Nine Million Dollar Beach House.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:32 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,639,937 times
Obama is way over his head and it shows. He is where he is because some powerful people (including those on Wall Street) desire pretty mindless people to head the government. Easier to control. It all started with Reagan (who couldn't put a sentence together without a speech writer) and it has been down hill ever since. Well, maybe a bit of a bump uphill when you consider Obama's predecessor.

Why did the rich favor Obama over McCain? Because McCain actually has a mind of his own (similar to Eisenhower) and would have upset the easy pickings of a clueless President. Which brings us to Romney ...

Romney is no clueless stand in for the rich. He is the rich! I guess the rich have decided that they money can poor into their pockets even faster if they didn't have any intermediary in the way. So if you like the soaking that the middle and lower class have taken over the last two decades and want it to accelerate even more than Romney is definitely your guy. Ultimately though I think the end economic product is the same, the top 1% continue to get extraordinarily rich while everyone else continues to eat away at savings or go deeper in debt.

Which brings us to the social issues. These issues are merely distractions. Romney wants to export aliens (well self-export I guess) while Obama will let them stay until the election is over. Ditto for other social issues. Good until the election is over. It is a way of differentiating one candidate from another prior to the election (never heard much from Obama about anything until a few months ago) but again minor impact.

I guess it is only the Supreme Court nominees that really make a difference between the two nominees. If you want more suckups like Thomas or Alito, or Scalia who manage to find in the Constitution the rights of corporations, or the ability for cities to take private property away from individuals and give it to other individuals, or the right of the Supreme Court to step in on elections and stop recounting which is the right of States, then Romney is your man.

Or if you like Supreme Court Justices that find it perfectly appropriate for the Federal Government to force people to purchase services, then I guess Obama is your man. For me, I think they are all losers and suckups.

So pick your poison. As for me, I hope that someone runs who really cares about people.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:32 PM

29,857 posts, read 24,982,405 times
I am as frightened of the possibility of 4 more years of this clown as anywhere else. The problem I have... People are piling on the blame. It goes a bit too far sometimes. Gas prices, the problems with the banks, and so forth. It takes away the credibility from those of us who want him out for the real reasons.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,639,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

No, Obama is a failure for-

1. $1 trillion failed stimulus. He should have used tax cuts, rather than payments to cronies to stimulate the economy.

2. 8.2% unemployment-
a. Obamacare uncertainty and taxes increases business expenses and cuts down new hires
b. Obama supports illegals, which drive down US wages and take US jobs
c. Obama opposes domestic oil, coal and gas exploration, which would create jobs
d. Obama opposes corporate tax cuts, which would attract new business to the US
e. Obama empowers the EPA to impose business restrictions, which reduces jobs
f. Obama opposes renegotiation of China most favored nation trade status and NAFTA

3. Debt- Obama is responsible for $6 trillion in new debt

4. Deficits- Obama spends over $1.3 trillion per year, but has failed to create a budget
Obama is not responsible for any of this since it is the Congress that pretty much decides all of the laws associated with these issues. Obama is a witless wonder, but so is Congress (have you ever heard them talk on TV?), and Romney is merely a device to make the rich oligarchy richer. It is pretty pathetic but to blame Obama gives him serious credit for doing something that he has no power over and even if he did, he wouldn't know how to wield it.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:37 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,768,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Obama can't run on his record so he has to keep manufacturing rabbits for the media to chase. For example: Romney's association with Bain and Romney's tax returns. All Obama has to do is mention a subject and the media will do the rest.

The Obama campaign is making a big deal about Romney's tax returns. Romney should accept the challenge:....Romney should release his tax returns when Obama releases his college records, admission papers, and transcripts. Fair deal to me....
Romney released a years worth of tax records. We will learn all about Romney's college grades but still have yet to see a paper or a grade of O's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies