Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 AM

46 posts, read 77,399 times

Advertisements

I apply for SSI back in 2010 because i got hurt and left partially paralyzed and lost my jobs that i work for 15 yrs and after i submitted it they did a phone interview and because of there staff incompetent for screw up my case by outsourcing my call to a * foreigner * who barely spoke english they made multiple mistake and jeopardize my case i compliant to the top and they finally made the correction

1.SSA Denied me

2.File the appealed and go to court were i discover they have half my medical files but lucky i got a backup files with my complete medical files and even thought the SSI doctor are idiot they told the judge i can be a *locksmith* even thought i am partially paralyzed/limited movement and i really hope the judge the saw this as BS !

2.2nd denied by SSA for appealed and now transfer to the advocate judge

move into 2012 i have lawyer plus my congressman is helping me as well and now i am collecting benefit and wait for the outcome to my case but the fell the SSA/SSI are discriminating against me so i file a compliant the with DOJ in which they have a division that can take compliant against SSA with the help of the ADA so i files my compliant and lead me to the *flip/flop* games because each dept tell to speak difference story and i didn't even files a compliant yet i was attempting to but this is how our govt run !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
SS routinely denies claims up to three times. An Administrative law judge stops the crap.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
2. The Social Security Disability/SSI appeal process is challenging and byzantine, but many people are able to prevail if they keep going and challenging their decisions. In general, if your initial application is turned down you have little chance of succeeding at the reconsideration level. Your next best shot is a hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ).

3. I suspect the job of locksmith is classified as light work, which means that it involves standing and walking for up to six hours of an eight-hour workday, frequent lifting of objects up to ten pounds, occasional lifting of objects up to twenty pounds, and occasional stooping. If your attorney is experienced in disability law s/he will be working with your treating doctor to establish that your residual functional capacity does not permit these exertional requirements.

4. If you are denied by the ALJ you have the right to appeal to the Appeals Council, and if you are denied there you have the right to appeal to federal court.

5. I can't see anything in your post that would support the idea that you are being discriminated against.

Good luck with your appeal.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-19-2012 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM

The 1th thing when wrong *the phone interview after i submitted my application* the called was outsource to a foreigner who barely spoken one word of english and when i got my report this idiot screw it up and try to me look like if was committing fraud and when i compliant to SSA/SSI they will not take any responsibility or do anything

But with the thank to my local congressman someone finally call and made the correction to my case also when i ask for the name of the idiot from the call center mysterious this person disappear into thin air and there was no call history and that * i smell a coverup *

2nd when i when to court even thought they correct the mistake they have half of my files and that lucky i have my complete files and they updated

Last edited by irish_who_me?; 07-18-2012 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
First of all, the SSA does not outsource any jobs, including call center operators, and these are federal government positions, meaning the person you spoke to was a US citizen.

I know how you feel though having to speak with someone that is hard to understand. I am going through the same thing right now trying to read/interpret your posts.

There was no flip flopping involved in your disability determiniation. Almost everycase that goes into the SSA for disability will get denied. Unless someone is truely disabled, will they be approved at the Initial Application stage. When people are claiming a disability that the SSA does not deem to be completely disabiling, they will deny the claim and the applicant has to move to the reconsideration and hearing stage.

Given that you were denied even at the hearing, with a light job given as a possible employment for you, I'm guessing that you didn't have any treating doctor opinion available and the ALJ and vocational expert had to go solely based on the SSA doctors.

It seems to me that your case was initially determined correctly in that you were denied as you could perform other work. I am glad for you that you were able to have the determination overturned and can now live off of disability for the rest of your life.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:45 PM

And i do want to mention with my disability i did suffer a bad concussion as well

Post-concussion syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hemiparesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Head injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no
Stroke
MDS
Brian tumore

this was a freak accident that what happen to me !

And i want to mention one other thing i want to emphasize i have a document from * erie DSS to my doctor * when i move up to WNY and is show proof that i am disabled and here is a list of thing i am forbidden to do

Moderate limited in Walking,Standing,sitting,lifting and climbing very limited in pushing,pulling and bending no physical activity entailing walking,sitting,manual labor

Now how can i be a locksmith with all this ?

Last edited by irish_who_me?; 07-18-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_who_me? View Post
I apply for SSI back in 2010 because i got hurt and left partially paralyzed and lost my jobs that i work for 15 yrs and after i submitted it they did a phone interview and because of there staff incompetent for screw up my case by outsourcing my call to a * foreigner * who barely spoke english they made multiple mistake and jeopardize my case i compliant to the top and they finally made the correction

1.SSA Denied me

2.File the appealed and go to court were i discover they have half my medical files but lucky i got a backup files with my complete medical files and even thought the SSI doctor are idiot they told the judge i can be a *locksmith* even thought i am partially paralyzed/limited movement and i really hope the judge the saw this as BS !

2.2nd denied by SSA for appealed and now transfer to the advocate judge

move into 2012 i have lawyer plus my congressman is helping me as well and now i am collecting benefit and wait for the outcome to my case but the fell the SSA/SSI are discriminating against me so i file a compliant the with DOJ in which they have a division that can take compliant against SSA with the help of the ADA so i files my compliant and lead me to the *flip/flop* games because each dept tell to speak difference story and i didn't even files a compliant yet i was attempting to but this is how our govt run !
First. If you are calling from inside America, you will get an American located office. Are you located outside America?

Second. The vast majority of cases end up going before a SS judge in the Office of Hearings and Appeals. So don't feel like you are someone special.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
I need to bookmark this thread so I can use it next time the regularly scheduled thread in C-D titled "Millions on SSDI who don't deserve it".

Anybody who has dealt with the SS Disability system knows that getting SSDI is like trying to find a glass of icewater in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies