Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you suggesting that your "decent folk" are violent folk? Doesn't sound very decent to me.
No I am not at all .Try again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Last I checked the sold pants made for women.
The point is that there is no gender specific clothing.
They also make skirts and dresses for men.

What's your point?

FYI, sex reassignment takes more than a few months.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Given the state of our educational system, perhaps there are more important things to worry about than how someone dresses or a person has changed sex.

"Our nation's graduating high school class of 2011 had a 32 percent proficiency rate in math and a 31 percent proficiency rate in reading, leaving many to question whether schools are adequately preparing students for the 21st century global economy, says a new report. U.S. students fall behind 31 countries in math proficiency and behind 16 countries in reading proficiency, according to the recent study, "Globally Challenged: Are U.S. Students Ready to Compete?"
U.S. Students Rank 32 in Math Proficiency, 17 in Reading, Study Says

Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The point is that there is no gender specific clothing.
They also make skirts and dresses for men.

What's your point?

FYI, sex reassignment takes more than a few months.
I've never seen a dress in the men's clothing section.
Nor a skirt.

Can you give an example? And not something ethnic or religious based like a kilt but just an instance where you'd find a dress in the mens department of Macys.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM

640 posts, read 717,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Given the state of our educational system, perhaps there are more important things to worry about than how someone dresses or a person has changed sex.

"Our nation's graduating high school class of 2011 had a 32 percent proficiency rate in math and a 31 percent proficiency rate in reading, leaving many to question whether schools are adequately preparing students for the 21st century global economy, says a new report. U.S. students fall behind 31 countries in math proficiency and behind 16 countries in reading proficiency, according to the recent study, "Globally Challenged: Are U.S. Students Ready to Compete?"
U.S. Students Rank 32 in Math Proficiency, 17 in Reading, Study Says
Amen. Let's do whatever it takes to get results and make it better!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you have kids? I ask that because if you do then you would know that kids would not be confused by this. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for. They accept people for who they are unless we teach them otherwise.
What grade level are we talking about here? A guy with a beard wearing a dress would confuse many and make them fell uncomfortable that is for sure. But nobody really cares about the kids as long as the gay army can claim a victory. It's ridiculous anymore.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
No I am not at all .Try again

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Answer to what ? you think I have all the answers and deliver them at your command.Come out here where I and many decent folk live and know how to act decent in public and what is not appropriate to showboat in front of children and ladies and try your line pushing ,see how far you can go with that crap and you wouldn't last a minute
Harassment? Shunning? Taunting? Would pitchforks be involved?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've never seen a dress in the men's clothing section.
Nor a skirt.

Can you give an example? And not something ethnic or religious based like a kilt but just an instance where you'd find a dress in the mens department of Macys.
They have to shop at Macy's?
You don't set the parameters for what people wear.
There are specialty shops for female style clothing for men.

And you must be very young if you don't remember when it was seriously frowned upon and verboten for women to wear pants at all, and they certainly couldn't wear them for work.

The same very stupid argument was used to prohibit women from wearing what they wanted to wear.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Women wear what they are told to wear. End of story. lol

Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They have to shop at Macy's?
You don't set the parameters for what people wear.
There are male specialty shops for female style clothing for men.

And you must be very young if you don't remember when it was seriously frowned upon and verboten for women to wear pants at all, and they certainly couldn't wear them for work.

The same very stupid argument was used to prohibit women from wearing what they wanted to wear.
I asked for an example. Can you provide one or not?

I am not very young but your point was very pointless.
No student is going to be distracted by a female teacher wearing pants and loafers BUT it could be distracting for their male teacher to be standing in front of the classroom wearing a dress and high heels. Anyone who says otherwise is just being dishonest.

I'm all for people being themselves but the classroom is not the place for you to express your lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies