Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 07:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So they were not gang members resisting the police? They did everything the police asked and cooperated and for that the police just executed them?
Well the police are now the bad guys. Don't you see that trend happening ?

We blame the teachers poor education.
We blame the cops for poor behavior bordering on rioting.

Maybe the next time the cops stand down and see who gets upset when their city hall is destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:01 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,805,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that Hispanics do not account for 40% of the prison population. Whites do. Hispanics account for a little over 20% according to recent BJS statistics from 2009.
I don't know what BJS is but a Bureau Of Prisons (BOP) claims Hispanics are are 34.7% of all prison population.

Here:

http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp

Of course there is some overlap because some Hispanics are classified as Black and some as White yet Blacks and Hispanics respectively constitute
37.4% and 34.7% of all prisoners. Mexicans alone constitute 18% of all prisoners!

Wow. That leaves whites with less than approx. 1/3 of all prisoners while they constitute approx. 80% of population.
Do you understand the social problem in America when the so called minorities are responsible for MOST crime?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,149,793 times
There needs to be an investigation.

However, when an officer asks you to stop, you stop. You don't run. Don't be an idiot and make them more suspicious.

Urban aka ghetto type crime filled areas are full of criminals and gang bangers. If you're not one of them, then don't hang with them.

why don't they protest gang crime and black on black crime? And who the hell brings their kids to a protest like that? Retards.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,058,019 times
Yeah the cops should just run. Let the rioters destroy whatever private property or beat anyone they please. Of course then these same folks would be howling why didn't the cops stop the rioters.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 PM

78,771 posts, read 60,983,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that Hispanics do not account for 40% of the prison population. Whites do. Hispanics account for a little over 20% according to recent BJS statistics from 2009.

Also, please note that blacks are sentenced much more harshly in the criminal justice system than any other demographic. My husband had a white teammate in high school who killed someone in his 20s in a robbery and got only 10 years in prison. My husband also has a cousin who was an "accessory" (meaning he had no weapon, he was just in the car) to an armed robbery in which someone was killed when he was 16 and he got 25 to life and has been in jail now nearly 20 years. The white guy went in after him, yet got out before the black cousin even though the black cousin didn't even kill anyone.

There are documented prejudices involved in sentencing in the country you know.

No one said that. The person you quoted, actually quoted me in saying that white people use drugs more than any other demographic in this country. This is well documented. In my neighborhood, heroine is the primary drug sold and the primary people buying it are white. Back in the 60s there was a heroine epidemic that devastated black neighborhoods. Those who lived through that or survived had kids who didn't mess with it (some did but not like it used to be). Black people don't use heroine as much as whites. Same now with crack cocaine and same scenario. When I was growing up black people were really hooked on crack. I NEVER did any drugs due to seeing what harm they caused to a lot of my family members. Most black people I know were affected by it and we don't do crack/cocaine because of it.

I would appreciate it if the two of you would back up your assertions with credible links. It helps all of us determine whom is correct in a forum that is unfortunately overpopulated with partisan liars and downright insane individuals.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,946,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I don't know what BJS is but a Bureau Of Prisons (BOP) claims Hispanics are are 34.7% of all prison population.

Here:

BOP: Quick Facts

Of course there is some overlap because some Hispanics are classified as Black and some as White yet Blacks and Hispanics respectively constitute
37.4% and 34.7% of all prisoners. Mexicans alone constitute 18% of all prisoners!

Wow. That leaves whites with less than approx. 1/3 of all prisoners while they constitute approx. 80% of population.
Do you understand the social problem in America when the so called minorities are responsible for MOST crime?
The truth hurts. Back in the day it was us Irish who filled the prisons cause too many of us were trouble makers; things change so we have new groups of "Irish" being fools; they're called Blacks and Hispanics. MOST Black and Hispanic people; I'm talking about Americans, not illegal aliens, are good. It just takes a few to make them all looks shady.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,158,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post

Here:

BOP: Quick Facts

It's been going on for years. The Irish, the Italians, African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians.

They were all, at one time, shunned and exploited.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As many must know by now the police shot and killed 2 unarmed civilians and also shot into a crowd of people including women and children and unleasing a german shepherd on a mother and baby, shades of Nazi Germany
Jill Stein weighed in on the events.

" Stein said, "Shooting of unarmed people is intolerable, and cannot be allowed to become a routine feature of urban policing. And police brutality towards innocent bystanders in a protest cannot be accepted.”

Stein, Honkala deplore shooting of unarmed citizens - Jill Stein for President
What a complete and utter puppet you are.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's been going on for years. The Irish, the Italians, African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians.

They were all, at one time, shunned and exploited.
The problem is that most posters here are grossly innumerate.

Many people are idiots, and I don't mean that as an insult but rather an accurate description. So many people around here can't do basic math let alone successful analysis of available evidence without making fools of themselves.

Seriously, the forum is rife with wildly partisan uneducated fools.

The fact that none of you are referencing that the problem has many active variables is frankly, embarrassing. Sigh. Good luck. It's like a professional pool player watching drunken bar flys argue about how to shoot the ball and then start trying to hit each other over the head with the cues.

Dear god, we may need to institute some sort of basic sanity and intelligence test in this country to vote.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 PM

409 posts, read 959,868 times
This type of self destructive behavior as is happening in Anaheim highlights the biggest problem facing Mexican-American/Central American youth today...a lack of education. Some have used education as a roadmap out of poverty and have become productive members of society but clearly more can be done. There would have to be a gigantic cultural shift to view education as a necessity not a luxury or some attempt at elitism. Ignorance breeds hate, fear, poverty, disenfranchisement, all of which are the perfect ingredients for opportunistic predatory gangs to snatch youth and use them as pawns. Events/demonstrations like this just make it so easy for bigots to spew their filth. Community needs to wake up! mom and dad need to push their kids to excel....in school.....not rock throwing..... or gang banging!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies