Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,235,806 times

Advertisements

Newest NRA lie!

Arms Trade Treaty Conference

The United States supports the outcome today at the Arms Trade Treaty Conference. While the Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text, it will report its results and the draft text considered back to the UN General Assembly (UNGA). The United States supports a second round of negotiations, conducted on the basis of consensus, on the Treaty next year; we do not support a vote in the UNGA on the current text.

YOU GIVE THEM MONEY AND THEN THEY LIE TO YOU. Why do you let yourself be chumped? I am not for anymore gun control. I am smart enough to see when i am being lied to. Aren't you?

NRA-ILA | ILA Home

NRA-ILA Recommends

NRA Stops U.N. Arms Trade Treaty

U.N. ATT Conference Comes to an Impasse. The Conference on the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (U.N. ATT) has broken down and will not report a draft treaty to the member nations. This is a big victory for American gun owners, and the NRA is being widely credited for killing the U.N. ATT.
FULL STORY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Default Leftists lies in full court press against gun rights and NRA is their target

The only lie is the mis-representation by the OP.

Press Releases are not copyright protected so for accuracy sake I'll post it in its entirety.

Quote:
Press Statement
Victoria Nuland
Department Spokesperson, Office of the Spokesperson

Washington, DC

July 27, 2012

The United States supports the outcome today at the Arms Trade Treaty Conference. While the Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text, it will report its results and the draft text considered back to the UN General Assembly (UNGA). The United States supports a second round of negotiations, conducted on the basis of consensus, on the Treaty next year; we do not support a vote in the UNGA on the current text. The illicit trafficking of conventional arms is an important national security concern for the United States. While we sought to conclude this month’s negotiations with a Treaty, more time is a reasonable request for such a complex and critical issue. The current text reflects considerable positive progress, but it needs further review and refinement.

With that in mind, we will continue to work towards an Arms Trade Treaty that will contribute to international security, protect the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meet the objectives and concerns that we have been articulating throughout the negotiation, including not infringing on the constitutional right of our citizens to bear arms. The United States took a principled stand throughout these negotiations that international trade in conventional arms is a legitimate enterprise that is and should remain regulated by the individual nations themselves, and we continue to believe that any Arms Trade Treaty should require states to develop their own national regulations and controls and strengthen the rule of law regarding arms sales.

We support an Arms Trade Treaty because we believe it will make a valuable contribution to global security by helping to stem illicit arms transfers, and we will continue to look for ways for the international community to work together to improve the international arms transfer regime so that weapons aren’t transferred to people who would abuse them.
The NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, and American gun owners and manufacturers alike, were tireless in their efforts to repeatedly contact their US Senators and let them know that the UN ATT, as written, was completely unacceptable. This resulted in 51 US Senators sending Pres. Obama a letter telling him they would refuse to vote for treaty ratification should he sign the UN ATT on behalf of the USA.

Copy of letter from US Senators linked here: http://www.nraila.org/media/pdfs/unatttestersigned.pdf

NRA-ILA | U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly

Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The only lie is the mis-representation by the OP.

Press Releases are not copyright protected so for accuracy sake I'll post it in its entirety.

The NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, and American gun owners and manufacturers alike, were tireless in their efforts to repeatedly contact their US Senators and let them know that the UN ATT, as written, was completely unacceptable. This resulted in 51 US Senators sending Pres. Obama a letter telling him they would refuse to vote for treaty ratification should he sign the UN ATT on behalf of the USA.

Copy of letter from US Senators linked here: http://www.nraila.org/media/pdfs/unatttestersigned.pdf

NRA-ILA | U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly
The truth is right if front of you and you cannot accept that.

The United States supports the outcome today at the Arms Trade Treaty Conference. While the Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text, it will report its results and the draft text considered back to the UN General Assembly (UNGA). The United States supports a second round of negotiations, conducted on the basis of consensus, on the Treaty next year; we do not support a vote in the UNGA on the current text.

Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text

That means that the treaty has not yet been put together for voting. Go ahead and send your money YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DO!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
My NRA membership expires in August. I've been a member for years now. I will not be renewing. As a veteran, I cannot be a member of any organization that includes that slime-wad Nugent.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I only pay my dues. I am disgusted by the extreme politics of the NRA. I do not support any of their subsidiary organizations. I support their efforts to improve the sport by opening gun ranges and providing training opportunities.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The truth is right if front of you and you cannot accept that.

Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text

That means that the treaty has not yet been put together for voting. Go ahead and send your money YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DO!
Apparently you have reading comprehension problems. See the text about those objections in regard to infringements upon Consitutional rights and international trade in small arms. This is what gun owners, gun manufacturers, and, gun rights organizations including the NRA, GOA, CCRKBA largely held in objection.

Supporting the outcome that the original text as presented at the UN smmit this month was unacceptable. Figure it out!

http://moran.senate.gov/public/index...5-3502163c8510

Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
I don't send anyone any money but the administration most certainly supports this. They just know that right now polticially it's not a good time to be pushing it.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Anyone who is against the UN I am for. UN is an enemy of the US.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't send anyone any money but the administration most certainly supports this. They just know that right now polticially it's not a good time to be pushing it.
Obama would face a severe political loss for signing it because he would do so against the wishes of 51% of the US Senate.

This is basically a duplicate thread and the OP is beating his own dead horse in an effort to do the usual bidding of the Progessive far left in going after the largest gun rights group in the nation, the NRA.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Apparently you have reading comprehension problems. See the text about those objections in regard to infringements upon Consitutional rights and international trade in small arms. This is what gun owners, gun manufacturers, and, gun rights organizations including the NRA, GOA, CCRKBA largely held in objection.

Supporting the outcome that the original text as presented at the UN smmit this month was unacceptable. Figure it out!

Sen. Moran and 50 Senators: Second Amendment Rights are not Negotiable - News Releases - Newsroom - United States Senator Jerry Moran
YOU ALWAYS PRESENT BIASED ARTICLES. I pretty much refuse to accept anything a republican says at all.

My information came from the STATE DEPARTMENT not a republican politician. Are you smart enough to see the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies