Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM

592 posts, read 414,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The state already calls it marriage. Sorry, but your religion doesn't get to write the rules in a secular country.
The state can not call it marriage.

I think you're confusing the state with the people. In this case you want the state to follow your ways. But the people are calling for an investigation. The people get to decide which way the state will go. Your way or my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 05:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Oh course not!!

You have the right to say whatever you want. Oh course having that right does not free you from facing consequences for saying those things.

You can run about screaming you sell crack, but that does not free you from the consequence of the government investigating said claim, or from people choosing to not be around you.
Bad analogy - selling crack is illegal.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
No it has been answered repeatedly, you just don't like the answer.
There has been no answer given.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
No. And nor should gay rights be restricted in order to appease religious people.
Hey, you're not following the rules. That wasn't the question!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:31 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Should the government legislate what Christians can say? Would you like to see preachrs charged with a hate crime if they say homosexuality is an abomination?
Your rights end when they infringe on someone else's. Technically a preacher could be on the line for slander I would believe. There actually is no religion that has a principle that hating homosexuals is part of their religion to protect them and even then refer to the first sentence.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
The state can not call it marriage.

I think you're confusing the state with the people. In this case you want the state to follow your ways. But the people are calling for an investigation. The people get to decide which way the state will go. Your way or my way.
Sorry, but where SSM is legal they get the SAME state issued marriage license, and certificate that heterosexuals get.

YOU don't get to tell me, or anyone else, what YOU will allow us to call our MARRIAGE.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Your rights end when they infringe on someone else's. Technically a preacher could be on the line for slander I would believe. There actually is no religion that has a principle that hating homosexuals is part of their religion to protect them and even then refer to the first sentence.
Calling it marriage is an assault on the truth and the church is the guardian of the truth. The state can not call it marriage. It's crossing the line between church and state.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There has been no answer given.
Just for the slow, I will repeat myself.

State recognized MARRIAGE is a right. The USSC has stated this in several cases.
MARRIAGE has over 1400 government granted privileges, that are being denied same sex couples.

The 14th amendment says that no state can pass laws that abridge an American citizens privileges.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but where SSM is legal they get the SAME state issued marriage license, and certificate that heterosexuals get.

YOU don't get to tell me, or anyone else, what YOU will allow us to call our MARRIAGE.
The state can not call it marriage. I think this issue should be brought before the Supreme Court because it is unConstitutional.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Calling it marriage is an assault on the truth and the church is the guardian of the truth. The state can not call it marriage. It's crossing the line between church and state.
Where is the word marriage in the original Hebrew, or Greek version of the bible?

The first recorded use of the "word" marriage is in the 14th century. It is impossible for it to be in the original bible.

Why don't YOU use the original Hebrew or Greek word for YOUR marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies