Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
When was the last time there was a mass shooting in the South? All the recent ones I can think of occurred in the Midwest or Mountain West

According to Wikipedia there have been 18 rampage shootings in the USA since 2000. Only 3 of those occurred in the South.

List of rampage killers: Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Like I said, it's not just mass shootings/the gun culture. That IS a part of it, but not all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I suspect you always hated it, just as you do now.

Ah yes, a Nazi like solution to a perceived Nazi problem. By George, I think there might be room for you in government ... maybe the President's war cabinet .... you know .... those kind folks who believe we should destroy Iran with nuclear weapons because they might do something bad in the future, once they are able to make their own nuclear weapon, which they claim they have no intention of making. But we need to do it, just to be on the safe side ..... so let's destroy them. Better safe than sorry.

And just how do you propose the "elimination" of these Nazis? Round them up, put them in concentration camps and gas them? Or should they just be lined up in front of a big ditch and shot in the back of the head?

The real question is, what do you suppose makes your mindset any less genocidal and maniacal than theirs? If you really want the truth ... you sound even more dangerous and cold blooded. Anyone who disagrees with you should either me quarantined or murdered.

How high and mighty of you .... very democratic too.
Actually I don't hate the constitution. I never *hated* the constitution as it is a wonderful document. The problem is the dysfunctional mess of a country the constitution protects. To dissolve the country, the constitution needs to be dissolved itself.

Also, yes, I do want to see neo-Nazis and people of their ilk eliminated. Though I do believe in choice, and we can give them a choice. We can first send all of them to labour camps... once they've been there for a few years, we can see if, individually, they have learned from their wrongs. If they have, we can give them a second chance. If they haven't, then they should be eliminated.

These are ideas which absolutely cannot progress any further. The idea of hatred without reason and with full ignorance. It must be stopped at all costs.

Of course it's not democratic... but sometimes, democratic solutions are not the best solutions. The vast majority of the time, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Psulions2007,

Sounds like Canada would be an ideal place for you. They have stability, personal safety and with the social safety nets, a low personal risk factor.
Yup. I really need to go there, eventually. Europe would be good in spots too (France, Scandinavia), but I don't want to be too far from my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Admission that one has a problem, is the first step toward recovery from that problem. Congratulations.

You have stated enough in the rest of your post, to answer for yourself, the question you asked at the end.

C'mon, you can do it.
This is not some 20 questions at a teenage pajama party. Either say what you mean or get off it. But don't patronize me and take advantage of my good nature.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
I don't particularly care about the Constitution anymore.

Two things I want to see happen:

1. The US needs to dissolve and separate into about 3 different countries. The Jesus and gun freaks can have their own little theocracy in the south while the rest of us actually progress.

2. I want to see all neo-Nazis and related types eliminated across the globe. They do not have a future in the human race.
Anybody else we can throw on the old extermination list? How about drug dealers, people that use drugs and gang members? After all, 50% of US murders are gang\drug related. There is a single neighborhood in Chicago that has as much gun violence as the Sikh temple shootings EVERY TWO MONTHS.

In short, you've singled out the motivation and people that are probably involved in a few % of annual gun deaths and want them quarantined and exterminated.....but are ignoring the vast majority of the issue.

Seems like you are using the incident to go after people that you disagree with politically.....

Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Anybody else we can throw on the old extermination list? How about drug dealers, people that use drugs and gang members? After all, 50% of US murders are gang\drug related. There is a single neighborhood in Chicago that has as much gun violence as the Sikh temple shootings EVERY TWO MONTHS.

In short, you've singled out the motivation and people that are probably involved in a few % of annual gun deaths and want them quarantined and exterminated.....but are ignoring the vast majority of the issue.

Seems like you are using the incident to go after people that you disagree with politically.....
Well with the elimination of the constitution, each country can do as they see fit in that area. With a legalisation of marijuana, that would relieve a large portion of the drug violence. For the rest, massive raids on guns in these areas could and should occur along with a shutdown of private gun manufacturing plants and a nationalisation of the entire gun industry including sales which would be strictly through state stores that register all purchases.

...and as I said twice already, it's not just about guns. Hatred for ignorant reasons needs to be eliminated. Beyond that, guns can be dealt with in a reasonable manner as I mentioned.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,632,923 times
Quote:
When was the last time there was a mass shooting in the South?
I remember when this shooting hit the news, since I was in northern Florida at the time:

Geneva County, Alabama massacre - March 10, 2009

There have been other mass-shootings as well (the Carthage, NC nursing home rampage; the Appomattox massacre from 2010 in which the gunman just had his trial delayed due to "insanity," the Memphis shooting from 2008 that killed six people... I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting). I believe New Orleans had a shooting spree in mid-2006 that left five people dead, for instance. There was a quintuple homicide in the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham, Alabama earlier this very year. And of course, the Virginia Tech shootings were in 2007.

Anyway, this does seem to be a country-wide issue. And not just within the states; both Puerto Rico and Saipan (US territories) have had shooting sprees in the past few years. America as a nation seems to have a lot of shooting sprees. I guess that's just how things are here.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Wow! To think that a person could hold such conflicting thoughts simultaneously, without having their heads explode, floors me. Citing cases where law enforcement got it wrong is not a particularly convincing argument or a great tactic for promoting the infallibility of police. I suppose you're trying to suggest that every time the police "get it wrong" is because of faulty eyewitnesses leading the police astray? The most logical next step on this rather dubious path of logic might suggest that police should simply ignore witness accounts altogether, hence, they'd never get it wrong. I'm sorry ... but even though I'm generally against the idea ... you seem to be one of the occasional cases where counseling and medication might be in order.

Do I need to list the cases of misconduct on the part of police, the FBI, and criminal prosecutors who have been caught withholding evidence unhelpful to their cases of prosecution? Must I provide you proven cases where even crime investigation laboratories have been caught manufacturing evidence to get a conviction? Is it outside of your awareness that police can and have perjured themselves, knowing full well that their testimony will be automatically accepted as the truth?

First, I'm not promoting "infallibility" of the police. That's never been my position. YOU cited how often the police rely on eyewitness statements (it's not "testimony" unless it's under oath in a formal proceeding) to make their cases, and that's why you believe that eyewitnesses are so important in this case.....was it 3 witnesses you claim reported that four gunmen came in the building, therefore, you're sure that the "officials/media" is lying?

No, I didn't even come close to suggesting that the police should ignore all eyewitnesses. That's just so absurd it's laughable. Good investigators take into consideration ALL of the evidence they find, which is what I said. They have to take into consideration ALL of the evidence, including forensic/physical evidence, and circumstantial evidence, in order to determine what there is which supports or does not support eyewitness statements. Certainly you've heard of two eyewitnesses who completely contradict each other.

Oh! Are you going to give me a list of all the winning Brady cases out there? LOL That'd be nice. I've never seen a list of all the cases in the country, state and federal, where there was a Brady violation and the defendant won. Bravo. Put it out here. I'd love to see it.

Oh, yeah. Even the FBI crime lab got into trouble for not properly testing evidence and a lot of cases got thrown out over that issue. Sure, I'm aware that crime labs have people working for them who are a little too supportive. LOL

Yep, I'm sure law enforcement people can do perjure themselves in some cases....however, I'd be really interested in cases you're aware of where that has happened.

And even when taken altogether, the above does not mean that there is some kind of conspiracy amongst so many people to stage an incident such as the Sikh shootings and the Colorado shooting. The above just means there is corruption out there, in local law enforcement offices, local prosecutors' offices, some public defenders, some judges, etc., etc., but not an orchestrated and controlled effort by the government, the military, or a mysterious "they" , for political or other reasons, to deceive the population for some evil purpose which you haven't explained....unless you're standing by your early assertions that these killings are for the purpose of getting very restrictive gun laws passed.

As for "medication" being needed, what in the world makes you think that? Or is that just another of your obligatory insults intended to make you look "smarter"?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 08-06-2012 at 02:35 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 PM

390 posts, read 265,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Like I said, it's not just mass shootings/the gun culture. That IS a part of it, but not all of it.

Actually I don't hate the constitution. I never *hated* the constitution as it is a wonderful document. The problem is the dysfunctional mess of a country the constitution protects. To dissolve the country, the constitution needs to be dissolved itself.

Also, yes, I do want to see neo-Nazis and people of their ilk eliminated. Though I do believe in choice, and we can give them a choice. We can first send all of them to labour camps... once they've been there for a few years, we can see if, individually, they have learned from their wrongs. If they have, we can give them a second chance. If they haven't, then they should be eliminated.

These are ideas which absolutely cannot progress any further. The idea of hatred without reason and with full ignorance. It must be stopped at all costs.

Of course it's not democratic... but sometimes, democratic solutions are not the best solutions. The vast majority of the time, sure.

Yup. I really need to go there, eventually. Europe would be good in spots too (France, Scandinavia), but I don't want to be too far from my family.

A better solution would be to eliminate all who wish to curtail the freedoms of others simply because they hold opinions the majority disagrees with.

People like you would be the first gone.

Lets call it the Final Solution.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
They already do, except them import them FROM US.

Would you rather make it more difficult for criminals to carry guns or would you rather have the USA become a final shining experiment of domestic gun proliferation?
Yep, the DOJ has done a great job importing/exporting illegal guns via Mexico and they have killed a lot more people in both countries thanks to those guns!

Gun laws do not make it MORE difficult for criminals to carry guns.... gun laws make it more difficult for LAW ABIDING citiznes to carry guns. The 'CRIMINALS' who do NOT follow laws, don't care if there are MORE laws for them to break!

I don't understand liberal logic (and I use the term loosely)!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Its always a nation of fools just covered up by people who were used as the bigger fools than the original fools with the power. And how is this guy a LONE shooter when he killed a bunch of people he probably felt were muslin? He's another right wing nut fear Factory idiot controlled by his idiot idols to gain his support.
Yes and you know all this as a fact 24 hours after the incident. Who is the fool?

Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This is not some 20 questions at a teenage pajama party. Either say what you mean or get off it. But don't patronize me and take advantage of my good nature.
Bravo, and well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies