Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Meaning, the info came from Obama. It wasn't pulled at random out of the literary agent's imagination.
Who ever said it was pulled at random from anywhere? It's not random at all. It's just wrong. The agent has been explicit that it did not come from Obama, the mistake was hers. I know that you refuse to believe anybody or anything that contradicts your prejudice, but that is simply something you're going to have to deal with on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Good question. You tell us.
Okay... none at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
No reason for Obama to lie, yet he does ...consistently.
And yet you seem to compelled to constantly make up more out of whole cloth. I hafta tell you, it does not generate great confidence in your ability to tell what is a lie and what is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
But Harry Reid has been debunked numerous times too.

You DO hold the same standard for Democrats as you do for Republicans don't you?

I mean, you wouldn't be hypocritical and NOT DEMAND that Obama PROVE his innocence just like Romney MUST prove his......right?
The Dude was just deflecting for the Demoncrats with that post. He didn't mention the fact that Reid can't legally know anything about Romney's tax records. Maybe he doesn't know that Reid and Obama just don't have any legal way to know those things. It is kind of like what Dems say about Obama not having to show his records.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nice attack, wrong topic. This would prove that Obama is guilty of fraud.
The Dude's attempt at deflection hasn't showed that he knows that Root asked for his grades and his enrollment records. Of course, he didn't read the link but he is trying to do his job.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Dude, I would say that you should have read the link so you could see that Root has added some things since the first things from him.
Dude, you know full well I always read the links, and Root is saying nothing new. In fact, even his own brethren are growing increasingly embarrassed by him.
Quote:
Wayne Allyn Root Is Why the Libertarian Party Can't Have Nice Things
Mike Riggs|Aug. 6, 2012 11:27 pm

Former Libertarian Party vice presidential candidate and current Libertarian National Campaign Committee Chair Wayne Allyn Root is why libertarians can't have nice things. Case in point: Root's latest column at Glenn Beck's The Blaze.

Let me sum it up for you: Mitt Romney should offer to release more tax returns only if Obama will release his college transcripts. This will take the pressure off Romney, and put the scrutiny back on Obama, except that Obama will never release his transcripts because he pretended to be from another country to get loans and then seldom went to classes at Columbia and got poor grades. Wayne Allyn Root knows all this because he also graduated from Columbia in 1983 and doesn't remember seeing (crossed out) any black people (end cross out) "Barry Soetoro."

This awful, weird, conspiratorial column, just linked by Matt Drudge, will probably be the most widely read thing Root has ever written. Its existence is a tragedy for Libertarians and libertarians.

So why is Wayne Allyn Root giving Romney free campaign advice, when he should be talking to, and about, Libertarian Party candidates? Are the heads of Democratic and Republican organizations writing insane memos telling Gary Johnson how to beat Obama, the bad-grade-getter? Are they telling down-ticket Libertarian Party candidates how to deflect questions about their finances?

NOPE.

That Root writes about Romney as if Gary Johnson did not exist is awful. What's worse is that articles like Root's repel the kind of people Johnson needs in November.

As for anyone who's still upset about The Weekly Standard's description of this year's LP convention as a "goat rodeo": Why don't you direct your rage at the clown running the Libertarian National Campaign Committee?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. His supporters will vote for him regardless of his lies and his performance in office. All this investigation crap is a wasted effort.

If you want to defeat Obama, just get out the vote. You CANNOT change the minds of his supporters.
I think The Blaze has a thing today that says that many of those fools from 2008 have withdrawn and are ogling to go against The One. Exciting reading, even for progs,

Old 08-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Dude was just deflecting for the Demoncrats with that post.
Why would I give a rat's ass about the Democrats? I am not and never have been one. I was a life long Republican until 2004. I am now an Independent.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Another thread by Steve McGarret with a title that is a lie.

While Root (a long debunked buffoon) suggests in a classic act of wild Birther speculation that Obama might have been a foreign exchange student, he does so from what he admits is a position of complete and unrefined personal ignorance. He does not say that "Obama went to college as a Foreign citizen" because he admits that he doesn't know one way or the other.

Remember, this guy has been saying for more than four years that nobody at Columbia knew Obama. And that was a lie before it ever first left his lips.
Actually the Wall Street Journal did it's own investigation, called 400 fellow graduates from Obama's class and NOBODY ever saw him or knew him at the college.
That was the Wall Street Journal from two years ago.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Let's pretend for a nanosecond that this baseless and idiotic accusation was true.

What "fraud" are you hallucinating?
Hey, Oh Checker of laws, can you find the one that says Romney has to release his income tax records? Please do and let us know what you found. I think this one is the same thing as what you people say about how Obama protects his records.

I will agree with you that leaks of illegal information do come from the White House but do wonder if they can force the IRS to break the law, just in case they need it to happen.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:34 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
It does not say anywhere that MIT will not admit a U.S. citizen as a foreign student. It doesn't say anything remotely close.
Quote:
"If you are an American citizen or permanent resident, then you are considered a domestic applicant"
How To Apply To MIT | MIT Admissions

Keep undermining your own credibility, HD. Works for me!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Keep undermining your own credibility, HD. Works for me!
A "domestic applicant" is just that. An applicant.

Where does it say that that a US Citizen cannot register as a foreign student.

It doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies