Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- the reverse is actually true. The liberals who dance up and down everytime an innocent unborn baby is killed and insist that they should be killed because they don't have their full capacity,
How can you kill something that doesn't have the ability to breath even with the aid of a machine?

Quote:
now insist that being less than full capacity should give them a free pass when they murder.
From whose post did you get that impression? I know you don't like nuance but the choice is not simply between the death penalty and freedom.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Well -- the reverse is actually true. The liberals who dance up and down everytime an innocent unborn baby is killed and insist that they should be killed because they don't have their full capacity, now insist that being less than full capacity should give them a free pass when they murder.
Please link to any recent article, an op-ed piece, a video or any source showing anyone celebrating an abortion.

Seriously, do you folks ever advance an honest argument, or is it always strawmen, dubious data and outright fabrications?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Do you vote Republican when you vote?
This election I am voting with one purpose, get obama out of office.... Whether thats Libertarian or Republican don't know.

And yes I live in a state that has the Castle Doctrine, come unannounced into my home and you'll know how it feels to get shot by a .38, no questions asked.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
I don't believe the government should put anyone to death. However, if they are going to use the death penalty then I don't see why this guy should get out of it. He did not have any chromosomal abnormalities. He was smart enough to know how to run a crack dealing business. He was capable of abstract thought and understood the future consequences of his actions because he killed someone who he thought would help the police put him in jail. I don't see the issue here.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
The issue is bleeding hearts who always feel the person can be rehabilitated, no matter how heinous the crime was.

Parents have to accept an apology from the person who bashed their daughters head to a bloody pulp with a sledghammer because it's the progressive liberal way....

Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
That's a decent, compassionate, and respectable opinion, but obviously the jury saw otherwise. They knew more about the case than we do. I sincerely hope the decision -decisionS- ( the case was appealed) were wise.
I believe in Texas whether he was retarded or not was decided by the judge and not the jury. Whether he was guilty is the juries decision. So in effect, one person decided this guys fate.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This election I am voting with one purpose, get obama out of office.... Whether thats Libertarian or Republican don't know.

And yes I live in a state that has the Castle Doctrine, come unannounced into my home and you'll know how it feels to get shot by a .38, no questions asked.
I am an independent, but people who believe that 10 year olds and retarded people should be put to death and vote Republican scare the hell out of me. This is why I am voting democrat this election, because of the people on the other side.

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How can you kill something that doesn't have the ability to breath even with the aid of a machine?

From whose post did you get that impression? I know you don't like nuance but the choice is not simply between the death penalty and freedom.
How do you kill an unborn baby? Well you take a knife and hack it's body into pieces or you burn the baby with saline.

Liberals are very pro-death as long as it's not a violent murderer. Just like they were very happy that Terry Schiavo was put to death. Just say this guy wasn't "viable" once he became unfit to live among normal society. They used a very similar reason to have Terry Schiavo killed -- she didn't have a full IQ, they said some of her brain function was gone. Well this guy's brain function was gone also and so was his respect for the life of another.

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The issue is bleeding hearts who always feel the person can be rehabilitated, no matter how heinous the crime was.

Parents have to accept an apology from the person who bashed their daughters head to a bloody pulp with a sledghammer because it's the progressive liberal way....
I now feel like watching All in the Family reruns. Thanks, Arch, I love that show.

"You pinko bleeding hearts are ruining this bee-u-tee-ful country!"

Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
The abortion issue is a "strawman's arguement since it is comparing apples to oranges. Texas executed a adult with an IQ probably lower than a dog and what is considered somewhat in the range of retardation. I am sure that a Adult with a IQ with 60 or so surely knows the consequences of what he did.
Clap Clp Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies