Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How do you kill an unborn baby? Well you take a knife and hack it's body into pieces or you burn the baby with saline.

Liberals are very pro-death as long as it's not a violent murderer. Just like they were very happy that Terry Schiavo was put to death. Just say this guy wasn't "viable" once he became unfit to live among normal society.
Where do you stand on dropping bombs on already-born women and children in foreign countries who may or may not have brown skin? Being a "pro-lifer," I would assume you find that form of murder particularly reprehensible. After all, if you tried to defend it, you'd be undercutting your moral absolute on not murdering innocents. That would smack of some kind of moral relativism. And if you defended such murders because it in some benefits your life, why, that would sound downright evil.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The abortion issue is a "strawman's arguement since it is comparing apples to oranges. Texas executed a adult with an IQ probably lower than a dog and what is considered somewhat in the range of retardation. I am sure that a Adult with a IQ with 60 or so surely knows the consequences of what he did.
Clap Clp Texas.
And you liberals couldn't wait to have Terri Schiavo die a slow death by starvation all because her IQ wasn't up to par -- yet because this murderous thug has little brain function you insist he be kept alive and coddled the rest of his life.

It's perfectly fine to off some lesser people obviously -- just not those who murder.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:14 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This election I am voting with one purpose, get obama out of office.... Whether thats Libertarian or Republican don't know.

And yes I live in a state that has the Castle Doctrine, come unannounced into my home and you'll know how it feels to get shot by a .38, no questions asked.
I find it funny how you are going to dump a "Liberal" like Obama who has always said he was a "Liberal" for a "RINO" like Romney! The "Trojan Horse" Northeastern Liberal who ran Massachussets and now thinks he is a "rightwinger!

Your hate for Obama must be intense!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Where do you stand on dropping bombs on already-born women and children in foreign countries who may or may not have brown skin? Being a "pro-lifer," I would assume you find that form of murder particularly reprehensible. After all, if you tried to defend it, you'd be undercutting your moral absolute on not murdering innocents. That would smack of some kind of moral relativism. And if you defended such murders because it in some benefits your life, why, that would sound downright evil.
Who said that bombs should be targeted to drop on women and children in other countries? Isn't that what your liberal Obama has been doing? Didn't liberal Clinton bomb Somalia and Iraq? He even bombed Iraq to keep the Monica story off the front page. But the liberals didn't mind that at all.

Not to mention the liberal support of Fast and Furious -- even while the administration knew full well what the Mexican cartels would do with those weapons. How many people were killed in that?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Who said that bombs should be targeted to drop on women and children in other countries? Isn't that what your liberal Obama has been doing? Didn't liberal Clinton bomb Somalia and Iraq? He even bombed Iraq to keep the Monica story off the front page. But the liberals didn't mind that at all.

Not to mention the liberal support of Fast and Furious -- even while the administration knew full well what the Mexican cartels would do with those weapons. How many people were killed in that?
Do you honestly, in your wildest dreams, think you're going to be able to slip that by me? I said nothing about specifically targeting women and children. I asked about dropping bombs that kill innocents. Let me try and give you a scenario that you can comprehend. A killer is holed up in a hotel. The authorities know he's in there. They torch the whole building, knowing they will also kill innocents inside. Their response is, "Well, we didn't mean to kill the innocents. They were just there. They were 'collateral damage'." Is that the pathetic argument you're trying to muster right now? That dropping a bomb that will take out innocents isn't murder because "we don't intend to murder them?"

Do you know what increasingly bugs me? The refusal of you and your ilk to just come out and state what you believe. It's like a pathological incapability of being honest about what you believe. So you try that pathetic trick at the beginning of your post that a simple dullard could spot. All because you can't bring yourself to admit that you criticize the killing of innocents out of one side of your mouth and then excuse it out of the other side. Pathetic.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly, in your wildest dreams, think you're going to be able to slip that by me? I said nothing about specifically targeting women and children. I asked about dropping bombs that kill innocents. Let me try and give you a scenario that you can comprehend. A killer is holed up in a hotel. The authorities know he's in there. They torch the whole building, knowing they will also kill innocents inside. Their response is, "Well, we didn't mean to kill the innocents. They were just there. They were 'collateral damage'." Is that the pathetic argument you're trying to muster right now? That dropping a bomb that will take out innocents isn't murder because "we don't intend to murder them?"

Do you know what increasingly bugs me? The refusal of you and your ilk to just come out and state what you believe. It's like a pathological incapability of being honest about what you believe. So you try that pathetic trick at the beginning of your post that a simple dullard could spot. All because you can't bring yourself to admit that you criticize the killing of innocents out of one side of your mouth and then excuse it out of the other side. Pathetic.
Like I said -- how much of those bombs were dropped by the Clinton and Obama administration? Why was Clinton bombing Somalians? Why did Clinton bomb innocent Serbs? And we're still losing good men and women in Afghanistan. Why are we still there? It's certainly not a Conservative in charge.

In fact the last time we as a country didn't have a war going was under Reagan.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Like I said -- how much of those bombs were dropped by the Clinton and Obama administration? Why was Clinton bombing Somalians? Why did Clinton bomb innocent Serbs? And we're still losing good men and women in Afghanistan. Why are we still there? It's certainly not a Conservative in charge.

In fact the last time we as a country didn't have a war going was under Reagan.
Stop trying to change the subject and answer the question.

Again, are you guys pathologically incapable of engaging in honest debate and just stating what you really believe?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't believe the government should put anyone to death. However, if they are going to use the death penalty then I don't see why this guy should get out of it. He did not have any chromosomal abnormalities. He was smart enough to know how to run a crack dealing business. He was capable of abstract thought and understood the future consequences of his actions because he killed someone who he thought would help the police put him in jail. I don't see the issue here.
That's a good description of someone who is not retarded.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Not surprised to learn that right wingers would have no guilt about executing a mentally retarded person.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,369,005 times
Quote:
I was about to get more animated over the execution of a mentally retarded man, but then I recalled that the median intelligence quotient in Texas is 60 and my anger subsided a bit.

Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

do you ever get tired of being wrong ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies