Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times

Advertisements

It isn't the American way to respect titles and positions. Our political history is rife with this manner of disrespect. That is not to say that many don't practice this disrespect - but disrespect in American politics has been a staple since our founding.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.

That is not disrepecting the title, just the man.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
I've been on these threads and I'm seeing the President referred to as "Obozo", or Obummer, or other unbecoming names. If you don't agree with the President's policies or if you didn't vote for him, you just don't. The least one can do is respect his title and realize that he is our President and should be respected as such. He is President Obama, not Obummer or Obozo.
It`s a harmless way for them to vent their hatred. They haven`t the guts to use the N word but we know what they`re thinking.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 AM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:

Generally the second I see one of those things (or an American calling him "your president") I immediately know the poster is not someone who thinks clearly and who is blinded by hate.

I personally did not vote for him in 2008 (I voted for Bob Barr) and wont again in 2012 (Gary Johnson for me this year), but I still respect the man. But you can tell that most of the people who call him "Obozo" or "Odummy" clearly do not respect him and never did...and it's usually for reasons which are not related to politics.

I think Romney is an utter tool and anyone who supports him is either idiotic, evil or greedy...but I still call him Romney or Mitt, not Mitt the Twit or Bumney or some other idiotic variation.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
A mature gentleman or lady always addresses people by their correct name and title.

Hence, I always refer to the president as President Obama. I always refer to Ron Paul as Mr. Paul (saying 'Congressman Paul' sounds weird). Should Mr. Romney win, he will hencefore be President Romney.

You will notice, if you have not already, that those who use disrespectful names invariably spout nonsense. Indeed, using disrespectful names is the only arrow in their quiver.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s a harmless way for them to vent their hatred. They haven`t the guts to use the N word but we know what they`re thinking.
What about the terms that liberals used against Bush during his presidency? That was ok?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Not even you can resist.... See the bold.. The "one' is the only one who respects himself.. He has never been any president for many, and many more now wish he wasn't one for them!

He is free to go pound salt.... Exactly what has he accomplished, other than being a perfect failure, and super racist.

In history he will go down as an Error.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:

No, actually you don't and it's obvious.

..........while you play your little race game.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
I don't give a damn what color he is....... it's just that he is such a LOOSER.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Respect is earned and he has done nothing to warrant respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies