Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times

Advertisements

Guilty by association. Just as "rightwingers" appear to be in this thread.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Linked article has a "Hate Group Map" of the states ... I clicked ... kinda interesting.
Number of groups need to be adjusted relative to population, of course, but still, California ranks high.

Only state with no hate groups? Hawaii
Right. What's to hate?

Aloha
Thanks for the inspiring pics but must respectively say the OP post appears to be trolling in nature.....

Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not only will you not challenge, you can't challenge it, it is an accurate statement. I do not preach tolerance, I have no tolerance for people who prefer prejudicial belief to fact.

Rightwingers will always bring in a statement like whenever their pets are criticized. Normal people are no more tolerant than anyone else when the else shows itself to be a serious problem for America.

My statement regarding rightwing extremists on a thread titled rightwing extremists can hardly be called off topic.

This is worth reading Read This
You will have no argument from me that the GOP needs some house cleaning, and that there are crazy fringes on BOTH (read BOTH) (can i say it again with more emphasis BOTH) sides of the political spectrum.

My issue here is grouping everyone together into two simple parties, and automatically assuming all conservatives/republicans "suck", or have ill intentions because you "disagree" with what you hear about them on the websites you frequent. Republicans are not always right and neither are Democrats. Conservatoires are not always right nor are liberals. My contention here is statements like "republicans hate the country", which are equally stupid as saying Obama doesn't have a birth certificate, etc.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Right-wing extremists are more common in the interior of CA than the coast.

Not surprising, since right-wingers, extreme or more moderate, are more common in the interior than the coast, period.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Orange County... (The right wing capitol of California.)
Once upon a time, yes. Not now.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Once upon a time, yes. Not now.
Yeah, I'd venture to guess that somewhere like Placer County (Sacramento outer suburbs/exurbs) is much more like what OC used to be, politically speaking.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:08 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
You will have no argument from me that the GOP needs some house cleaning, and that there are crazy fringes on BOTH (read BOTH) (can i say it again with more emphasis BOTH) sides of the political spectrum.

My issue here is grouping everyone together into two simple parties, and automatically assuming all conservatives/republicans "suck", or have ill intentions because you "disagree" with what you hear about them on the websites you frequent. Republicans are not always right and neither are Democrats. Conservatoires are not always right nor are liberals. My contention here is statements like "republicans hate the country", which are equally stupid as saying Obama doesn't have a birth certificate, etc.
Repeat: This is worth reading Read This

As a former journalist myself, the linked article is one truly fine piece of writing ... very entertaining, as well as accurate ... guy is one helluva writer.

Anyway, yes, real trendy to try and be balanced: blaming both right and left extremes as equally nuts ... blah blah blah etc etc etc ... except they're not. The right is off the charts. The left may be at times unrealistic, but they are neither dangerous nor insane. Again: Read This

Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Quote:

As a former journalist myself, the linked article is one truly fine piece of writing ... very entertaining, as well as accurate ... guy is one helluva writer.

Anyway, yes, real trendy to try and be balanced: blaming both right and left extremes as equally nuts ... blah blah blah etc etc etc ... except they're not. The right is off the charts. The left may be at times unrealistic, but they are neither dangerous nor insane. Again: Read This
Yes.. good read...Highnlight linked....! one of the points I am trying to make.... The rhetoric of hate and fear needs to be toned down, even if it gets votes it is not healthy to fear monger.... It makes extremists out of some.

Fontucky... Thanks... See I is a learning...

Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Alright guys. I've long stayed away from political threads on this forum, and on the internet in general, and now I remember why. Clearly you're an intelligent person, and I would gladly enter into OPEN discussion with you, but I fear it would be far from it. Seems any argument it shot down immediately without any consideration, even when trying to give the benefit of the doubt to both sides. I'll remember to steer clear in the future.

In regards to the "article" (blog), i've already sent it to my kindle, and i will take a look, time permitting. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Any form of extremism is not a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies