Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:15 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Marching against a war that should have never happened is not the same as marching against policies.
Oh, so when it is a policy that Bush supported and liberals wanted him to fail it is o.k. because he is a Republican and his policies are bad but when conservatives march against Barack Obama that is a whole different story how exactly?

Typical progressive hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Oh, so when it is a policy that Bush supported and liberals wanted him to fail it is o.k. because he is a Republican and his policies are bad but when conservatives march against Barack Obama that is a whole different story how exactly?

Typical progressive hypocrisy.
Quit whining and twisting the fact. Conservatives want the econmoy to fail because in their minds if it does then that means Obama fails. Liberals and some conservatives wanted the failed war in iraq to end because we should never have invaded that sovereing country in the first place. Very big difference and most intelligent people can see that.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:21 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/hist...t_02022001.txt

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/arch...t_02062009.pdf

1/2001 135,999,000 employed

1/2009 142,099 employed

+6,100,000

You were saying, lkm370? New math , perhaps?

Now, Obama's July, 2012 report shows 142,220,000. a gain of 121,000 in 40 months..3,000 per month (60 per state, woo hoo, 1/7 a Super Wal Mart's avg headcount-celebration, huh!!) . So that is ultra close to NO NET JOB GROWTH.
Sigh, time for a dose of reality my friend.

In case you cant read: "Bush, NO NEW NET PRIVATE SECTOR JOB CREATION"

George Bush...worse than Jimmy Carter. Hell, Carter created more jobs per year than Ronnie Raygun

Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Quit whining and twisting the fact. Conservatives want the econmoy to fail because in their minds if it does then that means Obama fails. Liberals and some conservatives wanted the failed war in iraq to end because we should never have invaded that sovereing country in the first place. Very big difference and most intelligent people can see that.
Again it is all about "we stopped Bush because our policies are correct because we are progressives and we are always right but you conservatives must bend over for the president because your policies are incorrect and you trying to stop him is wrong and hurting our country and likely racist".

You don't even see the hypocrisy.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:38 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
George Bush...worse than Jimmy Carter. Hell, Carter created more jobs per year than Ronnie Raygun
Interesting.... I have never felt more troubled for my country or more pinched economically than during the Carter administration. It was a depressing time and even worse than right now. Most people I know who lived through those years and tried to make a living agree with me. Mortgage rates were around 15% and there was no other type of credit for less the 21%. Maybe people were employed, although I sure knew a lot that weren't or were underemployed, but money was very tight and many businesses and farms went under.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:42 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
Anytime a con talks about Reagan keep in mind that their adoration and hero worship of him is so great they actually think the Iranian hostages were released because the terrorists were afraid of him

Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM

304 posts, read 871,173 times
Quote:

Thanks for this, The Democrats have a better record of job creation than the republicans, generally.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Interesting.... I have never felt more troubled for my country or more pinched economically than during the Carter administration. It was a depressing time and even worse than right now. Most people I know who lived through those years and tried to make a living agree with me. Mortgage rates were around 15% and there was no other type of credit for less the 21%. Maybe people were employed, although I sure knew a lot that weren't or were underemployed, but money was very tight and many businesses and farms went under.
Alot of the reason the economy was so crappy during Carter was because of decisions from previous administrations. Nixon's price controls, expansion of the Vietnam War had alot to do with it. I am by no means saying carter was a good president but there is alot of unfair blame on his part. Carter's downfall was his inability to deal with the countries problems. He just sat on his hands and acted like nothing was wrong.

My problem with Reagan is that he solved problems short term. He really didn't care about the long term future of the country as long as things were good and rosy looking now. Alot of his decision are to this day still affecting us for the worst. This is why, in my opinion, Clinton was a FAR better president because he left Bush with a plan to eliminate the deficit in a decade among other things. He planned for the future and was constantly creating policies to benefit us long term, where as Republicans seem only interested in short term gratification.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:33 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
There are hundreds if not thousands of video clips on YouTube showing millions of liberals marching against Bush policies like the War in Iraq.

That is wanting Bush to fail.
So not wanting people to die and spending trillions is wanting Bush to fail? Right.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:

Get your facts from the official source like I did.the BLS A-1 report. That is the easy one that simply tabulates total US jobs, and the three numbers I quoted were directly from it, with copied hyperlinks, so anyone could access the source data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies