Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You obviously have no idea how Reagan "improved" the economy.
Neither do you.

Quote:
In short Reagan was a disaster of a president.
Most inaccurate post of the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 11:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Neither do you.

Most inaccurate post of the month.
I would say yours is tops.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Reagan was the teflon president partly because he did turn around the country's economic downward spiral. He also restored international respect to our nation after we had been held hostage by a bunch of thugs. I don't care if the "great communicator" had Alzheimer's, it was a redeeming era in American history.
Reagan supported a racist and homophobic agenda. He is very overrated by many. There were a lot more manufacturing jobs in this country back then. Anybody can see that we have outsourced too many jobs, making it exceedingly difficult to repeat what Reagan and congress did in the early 80s. Reagan exploded the national debt exponentially, which started the beginnings of the debt explosion that we have now that Obama always gets blamed for. Reagan could not possibly duplicate what was done in the early 80s in today's america. The happiest day was when Bill clinton took the oath of office in January,1993, ending that national nightmare of the Reagan-Bush years.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Stuff does not happen in a vacuum.

Carter had to adjust to what Nixon left. Reagan had to adjust Carter. H had to adjust Reagan. etc etc etc.
What about President Ford?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 AM

24,008 posts, read 15,100,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What about President Ford?
Oops. Slipped my mind. He probably would have been OK had he had the chance. That pardon knocked him off the track.

In order for the country to be united, the people have to want that, too. Nobody now wants to be united. We all just want to beat the crap out if the other person in order to win. Nobody cares about the country as a whole.

Tip O'Neil was the best friend Reagan had. What Speaker of the opposing party or the same party wants to bring us together?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Doesn't anybody realize our national problem is NAFTA? Stupid move on our part.

The presidents that borrowed from Social Security need to be taken out behind the barn and whipped. Nobody asked the people if they wanted to do it. I didn't even know it was happening.

The can has gathered so much weight, it cannot be kicked down the road any more.

I was not impressed with Reagan. My husband and I did not like him. We thought he was bad for the country. He raised taxes on the middle class by taking away OUR deductions. Could he have been the beginning of our problems? I don't think we have ever paid more taxes than when he was in office.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Reagan supported a racist and homophobic agenda. He is very overrated by many. There were a lot more manufacturing jobs in this country back then. Anybody can see that we have outsourced too many jobs, making it exceedingly difficult to repeat what Reagan and congress did in the early 80s. Reagan exploded the national debt exponentially, which started the beginnings of the debt explosion that we have now that Obama always gets blamed for. Reagan could not possibly duplicate what was done in the early 80s in today's america. The happiest day was when Bill clinton took the oath of office in January,1993, ending that national nightmare of the Reagan-Bush years.

Should we bring out the tissues for Obama..poor Obama....

Give me a break..Reagan was one of the best presidents we ever had-every president had his downfalls..trust me do we even have to start listing them ( Clinton, Carter)?

Clinton was even a better president then Obama will ever be-so what is your excuse now?

Obama has left this country in shambles...our unemployment rate is going up with no end in sight..so what is Obama's excuse? It's been almost four years and what has he done for the economy?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Oops. Slipped my mind. He probably would have been OK had he had the chance. That pardon knocked him off the track.

In order for the country to be united, the people have to want that, too. Nobody now wants to be united. We all just want to beat the crap out if the other person in order to win. Nobody cares about the country as a whole.

Tip O'Neil was the best friend Reagan had. What Speaker of the opposing party or the same party wants to bring us together?
It was a different time. The pardon was hard to take but it was best for the country. I think Ford was a biggest unsung hero as a president for this country. He agreed to be a one term president. He kept his word. Imagine that from a president.

I want to be united as a country, but these illegals need to go and no one has the guts to do it. And unless they do, our country is finished. They have invaded and are destroying our country. Obama needs to be impeached for sherking his duty.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It was a different time. The pardon was hard to take but it was best for the country. I think Ford was a biggest unsung hero as a president for this country. He agreed to be a one term president. He kept his word. Imagine that from a president.

I want to be united as a country, but these illegals need to go and no one has the guts to do it. And unless they do, our country is finished. They have invaded and are destroying our country. Obama needs to be impeached for sherking his duty.
What are you talking about? Deportations are higher than ever under Obama...the GOP are even trying to use it against him in Spanish-language advertising.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
What are you talking about? Deportations are higher than ever under Obama...the GOP are even trying to use it against him in Spanish-language advertising.
He also goes public telling some that they will not be deported. I cannot help it these peoples parents broke the law. It is not my fault they broke the law. They are not citizens and should never get the chance to be citizens because their parents broke the law. I don't care what either party is doing. IT NEEDS TO STOP AND THEY NEED TO BE DEPORTED. It is not a contest as to which party is the worst at getting the job done. The job just needs to be done and yesterday. Past time for this to stop.

Ford did what was best for our country. We need a president that does what is best for the country even if it means they will be one term. Obama had a chance to do this, but has spent his time talking about causing more taxes than we have already. The illegals are draining our country. Most of them are living off us. The rich are gaining because they are working for them, but it is costing the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies