Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
(CBS) NEW YORK - George Zimmerman's attorney told reporters Monday that his client was "not doing well" and that he will appeal the decision by Judge Kenneth J. Lester, Jr. to stay on the Trayvon Martin case
George Zimmerman living "as a hermit," as his attorney appeals judge's decision to stay on Trayvon Martin case - Crimesider - CBS News

Old 08-13-2012, 02:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
My heart bleeds for poor little George.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Look, I can't claim to know innocence and guilt here, but the guy followed someone after repeatedly being told not to do that by the police. Then he got out of the car and confronted him.

In my mind, Zimmerman did that to his own self, and now he's paying for the consequences of those actions. We'll see what the court case shows and what the jury decides.

Guilt and innocence in this case will likely be muddled up.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Looks like Zimmerman is living the life that he belongs too-that of a hermit...This is where he should stay- He is not capable of functioning in real society- stupid people are dangerous people-- and his exile is applauded by me. Let him rot in his ignorance..He is convicted ..

Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Looks like Zimmerman is living the life that he belongs too-that of a hermit...This is where he should stay- He is not capable of functioning in real society- stupid people are dangerous people-- and his exile is applauded by me. Let him rot in his ignorance..He is convicted ..

I agree. Apparrently, his attorney is attempting to portray him as the victim. Let this be a lesson learned for anyone who thinks that they can live a normal life after taking the law into their own hands, by making a careless impulsive decision to become the judge, jury and executioner just because they think someone looks like they are on drugs or up to no good. Zimmerman never stopped to think that the someone may have been loved so much that those who loved him will do whatever is in their power to make sure that justice is served.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
As some are quick to remark; "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

To which I say, welcome to the process of being judged.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Look, I can't claim to know innocence and guilt here, but the guy followed someone after repeatedly being told not to do that by the police. Then he got out of the car and confronted him.

In my mind, Zimmerman did that to his own self, and now he's paying for the consequences of those actions. We'll see what the court case shows and what the jury decides.

It's really too bad that you never read the truth. Mr Zimmerman NEVER confronted Mr Martin, He followed him, went back to his car, where MARTIN followed him to and MARTIN confronted Zimmerman, and initiated combat.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree. Apparrently, his attorney is attempting to portray him as the victim. Let this be a lesson learned for anyone who thinks that they can live a normal life after taking the law into their own hands, by making a careless impulsive decision to become the judge, jury and executioner just because they think someone looks like they are on drugs or up to no good. Zimmerman never stopped to think that the someone may have been loved so much that those who loved him will do whatever is in their power to make sure that justice is served.
Justice was served the moment someone questioned the action of an idiot with a gun who kills a young man for sport - with the miss- thought that some how there was a law that allowed him to hunt humans- called stand your ground- He did not stand- He advanced and shot.

Even if he is not formally convicted- all of America that has a mind will keep this poor piece of work in exile till he dies.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I can live a normal life by taking someones life with my own hands, because I'm not going to pull the trigger unless I know damned well I'm justified in my own mind. And I be damned if the people in my town or neighborhood will run me out of my own house, because of what they think. Likely, because I would use good judgement, I wouldn't face what Zimmerman is going through.

The simple truth is that his life was never in danger while he sat in the car. He decided to get out, he decided to confront a teenager, those were bad decisions, and now he suffers for that.

If I see someone suspicious in my neighborhood, I may follow them, I might call the police, but I'm not getting out of my car unless a crime is in progress, and especially if someone is being hurt. Then I'm justified to take actions into my own hands, where they may lead.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

You should write books for children. That's one vivid imagination you have.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies