Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you idiot: your idea should help!

Clue: 0bama needs to keep his trap shut. He is the most divisive president EVER! And Colin thinks he needs to speak more?

OK, then!

It's so ludicrous, it's funny.

WASHINGTON — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell called the jury verdict that cleared the killer of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin "questionable" and urged President Barack Obama to speak more on issues of race during an interview that aired Sunday.

Colin Powell: Trayvon Martin Verdict 'Questionable'

We get it. The two of you are black. Now just go away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
It's funny -- most blacks like to hang the Uncle Tom/house negro label on Colin Powell, and yet here he is with this statement. I've been in a room when Colin Powell has spoken, and he definitely commands respect. Not sure I understand him showing up so late to the game on the Trayvon travesty, though.

The verdict wasn't questionable -- it was the only thing the prosecution should have expected.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:54 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It's funny -- most blacks like to hang the Uncle Tom/house negro label on Colin Powell, and yet here he is with this statement. I've been in a room when Colin Powell has spoken, and he definitely commands respect. Not sure I understand him showing up so late to the game on the Trayvon travesty, though.

The verdict wasn't questionable -- it was the only thing the prosecution should have expected.

Really? Can you provide some stats on this allegation?

I'd like to see how you've arrived at this conclusion? Let's see, there are 43 million blacks in America, so, most would mean at least 51% of 43 million which is 21.9 million. IS that what you're saying? 21.9 million black Americans call C.P. the names you've suggested?

I grew up around blacks, I've gone to historically black colleges and have a largely middle class blacks as my friends, I've never heard ANY of them call CP names. I would say most blacks admire and respect CP.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

I'd like to see how you've arrived at this conclusion? Let's see, there are 43 million blacks in America, so, most would mean at least 51% of 43 million which is 21.9 million. IS that what you're saying? 21.9 million black Americans call C.P. the names you've suggested?

I grew up around blacks, I've gone to historically black colleges and have a largely middle class blacks as my friends, I've never heard ANY of them call CP names. I would say most blacks admire and respect CP.
It occurred primarily when CP was SOS in the Bush administration. Now that he's come out in support of Obama and liberal ideology, the "Uncle Tom" accusations have come to a halt. He came back to the plantation, figuratively speaking.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
I used to respect Powell until he lied for G.Dumbya and that den of snakes...just another worthless politician afterall.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:

I don't know who you have been talking to, but Gen Powell is the most respected man of color in the republican party. Truthfully is the only one of the whole group of fools that could have beaten both Hillary and Obama in the elections. Many blacks were upset with him when he let bush and cheney set him up to fail with that phony "cake" thing at the UN

Old 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I used to respect Powell until he lied for G.Dumbya and that den of snakes...just another worthless politician afterall.
That's redundant!

Powell also left the administration and my guess was because he was at odds with it and his sense of duty and honor was offended so he did the right thing.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:

Then again you must have him confused with Herman "Uncle Ruckus" Cain or Clarence "Sambo" Thomas, but it could be Allen" Lost his freaking mind" West.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

Well the extreme right Republicans shore are NOT going to like his statement. Not that that matters one whit.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, you idiot: your idea should help!

Clue: 0bama needs to keep his trap shut. He is the most divisive president EVER! And Colin thinks he needs to speak more?

OK, then!

It's so ludicrous, it's funny.

WASHINGTON — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell called the jury verdict that cleared the killer of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin "questionable" and urged President Barack Obama to speak more on issues of race during an interview that aired Sunday.

Colin Powell: Trayvon Martin Verdict 'Questionable'

We get it. The two of you are black. Now just go away!
And this is . . . how the typical Republican feels about black people in general. I thought they were going to try and broaden their base after the last election.

Good luck with that - as long as the above is the prevailing attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies