Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Looks like Zimmerman is living the life that he belongs too-that of a hermit...This is where he should stay- He is not capable of functioning in real society- stupid people are dangerous people-- and his exile is applauded by me. Let him rot in his ignorance..He is convicted ..
I agree! I bet the money isn't rolling in much any more so they have to cut back also.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It's really too bad that you never read the truth. Mr Zimmerman NEVER confronted Mr Martin, He followed him, went back to his car, where MARTIN followed him to and MARTIN confronted Zimmerman, and initiated combat.
Of course that is per Zimmerman who seems to like to lie when it serves it purpose.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
A sad case, but I think the suspect's actions caused his own death. Mr. Zimmerman is being punished to keep the press happy and it is wrong.
What actions might those have been, walking home from the store? Yeah, that's some suicidal act if I've ever heard of one.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Let's what poor George's problem is...

You walk into court, conspire to lie to the judge and as a result you throughly **** off that judge and you now think that because of your actions the judge isn't being fair to you. Got it.

Seems like George has a real problem with accepting responsibility for his own actions, something that normally conservative frown upon but for some reason poor Georgie gets a pass on all of that.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
These threads always make me a bit ill. Still so much racist trash in our country who apparently feel that it's okay to harass and gun down unarmed teenagers as long they're black and can be branded "thugs" after the fact, despite there being zero evidence to support such an assertion.
Yep, seems rather odd that Zimmerman has also been threatened with death, his family has moved and people have already claimed he's guilty without a trial. Black Panthers are after him, yep justice is being served by people who don't know or care about this man either or how it happened. Is it because he's half white so he must be guilty? Even though witness have agreed with what Zimmerman said, they to fear for their lives......image that............. Is this racist or just the way it goes?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Them ain't the facts.
"Repeatedly?" He was told once, "You don't need to do that."
At that time, he was already out of his car. When told not
to continue following, he said he started to return to his car.
Yea, that's the problem. What is Martin's side of the story?

Oh yea...we'll never know.

You kill a kid for absolutely nothing, and i simply can't see why you'd expect sympathy. He should be dead in reality.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
[New] Black Panthers are after him...
Yeah, that would leave me quaking in my... actually I wouldn't give their threats the time of day. But keep building them up, providing them with free news coverage and blow them all the hell out of proportion to their size or import, we all have to have our personal boogie men.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
I'll bet he's not doing well, thinking about Judge Lester being the judge at any immunity hearing or trial! The outcome of the appeal will be interesting.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yeah, that would leave me quaking in my... actually I wouldn't give their threats the time of day. But keep building them up, providing them with free news coverage and blow them all the hell out of proportion to their size or import, we all have to have our personal boogie men.

Apparently it's a small group, and on the radar of the SPLC as a hate group. The NBPP has been disavowed by members of the original Black Panther Party and, as you suggest, its size and importance are greatly exaggerated.

Quote:
Over time, many groups subscribing to varying degrees of radicalism have called for the "right to self-determination" for black people, particularly US blacks. Critics of the NBPP say that the group's politics represent a dangerous departure from the original intent of black nationalism; specifically, that they are starkly anti-white, and also antisemitic. The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies the NBPP as a "black racist" hate group.[11] Even the mildest critics of the organization have said that the NBPP's provocative brand of black supremacy undermines other civil rights efforts.
The Southern Poverty Law Center, a NBPP critic, has noted Muhammad's statement that "there are no good crackers, and if you find one, kill him before he changes."[12][13][14]
[edit] Membership size

As of 2009, the NBPP claimed a few thousand members organized in 45 chapters, while independent estimates by the Anti-Defamation League suggest that the group is "much smaller" but is nevertheless able to attract a large turnout of non-members (some of whom "may not even realize what this group actually stands for") to its events by focusing on specific issues of local interest./]

New Black Panther Party videos, news, visual gallery and articles

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Apparently it's a small group, and on the radar of the SPLC as a hate group. The NBPP has been disavowed by members of the original Black Panther Party and, as you suggest, its size and importance are greatly exaggerated.
I've run into them from time to time here in Philadelphia and its the same two or three knuckle heads in black uniforms that I've seen in every news broadcast from anywhere other than here. One of them is about 5'3 and other one 6'5" bean poll. Both of them look like retreads from the Public Enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies