Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Perhaps you're just weak. A real atheist may think you are not conforming to their Darwinistic principles.

A real atheist may feel compelled to take advantage of their ideology.

Why should they live a life of suffering to appease those who they feel exhibit parastic behavior?

If a fully atheist group is in a powerful position, why would they need you? What do you do that is beneficial enough for them to let you live?

A little more than half a century ago, men were sticking people in ovens.

What makes you think atheists appeal to "Darwinism"?

People who do not subscribe to the Bible as their source of how to act properly are not amoral, nor do they subscribe to some sort of dog eat dog worldview. In fact, it is arguable that modern Christianity in America and it's "prosperity theology" perpetuates such a worldview more than any atheist point of view! After all, if God made you rich, God also makes those poor that deserve to be poor.

Most atheists appeal to a humanist point of view. I know it's hard for weak willed people to imagine SELF control (as opposed to control due to fear of going to Hell).... but try to educate yourself on the issue.

By the way: Just a couple hundred years ago, women were burned as witches. Natives "converted" at sword point. The inquisition depopulated non-Christians from the Iberian peninsula. God has been used to justify everything from slavery to segregation, subjugation of women and children, and murder.

Ten years ago a couple thousand people were killed by people acting in the name of God.

A little more than half a century ago, nobody would have been put into any ovens if there was no such thing as religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
Christ is the FOUNDATION of Christianity.

Christ says, turn the other cheek and love your enemies.

If I strike my enemies and kill their families am I practicing Christianity?
Don't ask me -- ask those who preach violence against liberals, gays, Muslims, and various other groups in the name of Christ.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 AM

990 posts, read 939,717 times
Quote:
Why not? Without God, there is ultimately no accountability. I don't know much about other religions outside of Christianity, but Christianity (or the words of Christ) emphasize, discipline, selflessness, humility, and respect.

This is contradictory to what contemporary society values, such as self gratification, narcissism, selfishness, hatred, and lust.

Hey man, it's easy to be an atheist. You can do whatever the hell you want, as long as you don't get caught.

No need to feel guilty. No need to treat everyone with respect.

Just make sure you get yours and you get that money.
No, I'm not a sociopath that needs an imaginary friend to keep me from doing bad things. I have this thing called a conscience. I'm far more moral than most Christians.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Where does Christ say to murder and destroy? Does Christ not form the principle of Christianity?

If I act in direct confrontation with the words of Christ, am I truly a Christian?
Typical response. The problem is not Religion, the problem is Humans capability to apply Religion without murdering everyone.

I think the world will be much safer when we are all godless, the accountability will be in each person. No excuses, no pointing to the sky in the name of _____.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What makes you think atheists appeal to "Darwinism"?

People who do not subscribe to the Bible as their source of how to act properly are not amoral, nor do they subscribe to some sort of dog eat dog worldview. In fact, it is arguable that modern Christianity in America and it's "prosperity theology" perpetuates such a worldview more than any atheist point of view! After all, if God made you rich, God also makes those poor that deserve to be poor.

Most atheists appeal to a humanist point of view. I know it's hard for weak willed people to imagine SELF control (as opposed to control due to fear of going to Hell).... but try to educate yourself on the issue.

By the way: Just a couple hundred years ago, women were burned as witches. Natives "converted" at sword point. The inquisition depopulated non-Christians from the Iberian peninsula. God has been used to justify everything from slavery to segregation, subjugation of women and children, and murder.

Ten years ago a couple thousand people were killed by people acting in the name of God.

A little more than half a century ago, nobody would have been put into any ovens if there was no such thing as religion.
This is incredibly naive. Are you that insulated where you don't see the decadence and immorality of society all around you?

Why should an atheist with power who doesn't even know you, care about your livilihood if you are a mere souless entity or a bag of flesh and bones?

You are nothing to them. Why should you be allowed to impede on their lifestyle and use their resources and take their women?

They could easily crush you like an insect, and take everything you have, with no remorse. No consequences. Nothing.

They may feel guilty at first, but guilt will subside. Contemporary philosophical thinking will adapt to the circumstances of atheism. The bottom line is, they don't need you, and you use what could be theirs.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Christ is the FOUNDATION of Christianity.

Christ says, turn the other cheek and love your enemies.

If I strike my enemies and kill their families am I practicing Christianity?
What does your question have to do with the subject of the OP?

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
Why should an atheist with power who doesn't even know you, care about your livilihood if you are a mere souless entity or a bag of flesh and bones?
If this is really what you think of atheists -- that we're all soulless, amoral monsters -- then what do you suggest should be done about this grave menace to America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Don't ask me -- ask those who preach violence against liberals, gays, Muslims, and various other groups in the name of Christ.
Maybe if you actually spend time reading the Gospel instead of bashing it, you could call them out on their discretions.

Unfortunately, you don't seem like you're familiar with the words of Christ, yet ironically, you dismiss it as nonsense and proclaim to know the secret of the Universe, yet you cannot even predict what will happen tomorrow.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
This is incredibly naive. Are you that insulated where you don't see the decadence and immorality of society all around you?

You are nothing to them. Why should you be allowed to impede on their lifestyle and use their resources and take their women?

They could easily crush you like an insect, and take everything you have, with no remorse. No consequences. Nothing.

They may feel guilty at first, but guilt will subside. Contemporary philosophical thinking will adapt to the circumstances of atheism. The bottom line is, they don't need you, and you use what could be theirs.
It appears that you are confusing Atheism with an illness known as sociopathy.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If this is really what you think of atheists -- that we're all soulless, amoral monsters -- then what do you suggest should be done about this grave menace to America?
There is nothing that can be done. Obviously, even though it would take great discipline, sacrafice and selflessness, I believe that if we adopt a Christian lifestyle, derived from the words of Christ, we would do our best to create a harmonius society that will allow prosperity for future generations.

The way we are going now, and considering our contemporary ideology, we will realize the prophecy of Isaiah. Maybe not today, nor tomorrow, but eventually. And even if you are not alive to witness it, you will know that helped to lay down the foundation and that future generations will suffer due to your transgressions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies